[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's really good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0311.png (96KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0311.png
96KB, 220x326px
It's really good
>>
>>84304476
7/10 but wouldn't watch again
>>
that's how i know this isn't /r9k/
>>
>>84304476
>six fucking morons battle a space octopus and somehow manage to lose
it's shit
>>
>>84304476
This is very low tier bait.
>>
>>84304564
Hey it actually got like average reviews. So thinking it's good is actually the contrarian point of view here. I know it's tough sometimes to keep up with disagreement with everybody else's opinions, but I got you buddy ;)
Also what the fuck would you have done to the alien? I really want to hear your master plan after they burnt and beat and let the thing fly around in space. What's your brilliant idea for killing it?
>>
>>84304604
Not bait. It's actually a really good movie. Best I've seen all year.
>>
File: 1495562179811.png (7KB, 349x298px) Image search: [Google]
1495562179811.png
7KB, 349x298px
>when it gets a face at the end
>>
>>84304695
have a proper fucking quarantine in the first place
>>
too bad it's a Venom origin movie for next year's Spiderman movie.
>>
>>84305065
They did. Had they not tried to save hank the quarantine would have worked. It was Ryan Reynolds character who make the fatal decision to use the flamethrower that killed them all.
>>
Probably wouldn't have seen it if not for Based Gyllenhall and Reynolds, but it was okay. Best Alien movie since the second one. I think it's kind of strange this movie didn't make more money. Well known stars, decent reception, modest budget, tried-and-true premise. I guess only capeshit and Star Wars can survive today.
>>
The whole rubber gloves in a box setup is like... next level fucking ghetto for NASA, just saying.

Them niggas can afford a robotic arm if anybody can lol.

Also the scientist was a retard, shocking the thing just because it stopped moving and went dormant for a bit. I'm glad the space octopus fucked that rude mofos shit up.
>>
>>84305097
god please no
>>
>>84305124
once it got out, lock yourself in the quarantine and it can't feed on anyone; clearly it can't get in so divert oxygen to that area and purge elsewhere. movie over.
>>
Good TV movie or popcorn flick

Not kino however
>>
File: glove.webm (3MB, 1500x622px) Image search: [Google]
glove.webm
3MB, 1500x622px
>>84305250
they were all retards. I half expected the alien to give them the finger when it was in the glove that's how shit this movie was.
>>
I feel bad for the special effects dudes who designed that awesome looking alien and made it look great and lifelike.

Only to find out they named it Calvin.

Fucking CALVIN. Like the kid who serves you fries at burger king.
>>
>>84305280

How do they do that when there wasn't any controls to do that in the quarantine room?
>>
File: marybeth model.jpg (41KB, 478x596px) Image search: [Google]
marybeth model.jpg
41KB, 478x596px
>>84304476
Stolen alien design.
>>
>>84305280
How are you supposed to command the ship from a quarantine room?
>>
>>84305382
thru speakie-talkies
>>
>>84305424
retards out pls
>>
>>84305250
I think they said they're lab wasn't really meant for that kind of work and they basically had to use it since that's was the only thing on the station...
>>
>>84304564
The ending was both eerie and hilarious.
>>
>>84305291
Yeah, I should have ordered organic popcorn instead of crab legs at the concession stand.
>>
>>84305538
They had months to prepare an appropriate lab while the readings indicating possible extra terrestrial life returned on the whatever it was probe from mars.

A lab outfitted to handle confirmed extra terrestrial life would make a BSL-4 CDC laboratory look like a fucking chemistry set in a garage.

If saner minds prevailed it would be entirely robotically controlled and modular in such a way that it was ready to be fired off in to the sun at a moments notice.
>>
>>84305319
That was actually a nice parody of the current (((globalization))) / popularization of science for immigrant, female children.

They had a sweet, the-world-comes-together moment to name this new life like hippies celebrating the arrival of clearly hostile aliens.

Then that sweet, PC global circle jerk turned in a monster.
>>
>>84305630
That's retarded sir. An alien microbe in all likelihood would merely metabolize and reproduce. Unicellular at most. And reviving is literally not possible.
>>
>>84305630
But to be fair, they were expecting like single cell life or plants or bacteria.

Not a little cell to grow into a super-strong, intelligent alien life form.

This film was nothing ground breaking, but it was more Alien™ than Covenant.

But unlike Alien™, it doesn't look scary. It's starts off a clear, sea plant like thing... But the manner in which it kills was actually kind of scary... The way Deadpool got it. And the way it exploited a paraplegic to avoid detection towards the end.
>>
>>84305731
>>84305800
>alien
they shouldn't have assumed anything and expected everything.
>>
>>84305731
Anything beneath the utmost caution is retarded.

Producing a robotic lab which can be fired off in to space would cost about the same amount as a mars rover, since that is EXACTLY what the mars rover is.

You do not want extra terrestrial pathogens having even the vaguest chance of breaching containment.

They would be the literal definition of an unknown element.

It's likely that BSL-5 containment procedures would be created specifically for precisely such an event.

As it stands in the film they were less careful with that thing than they would have been with some only mildly opportunistic pathogenic organisms found on earth.
>>
>>84305800
This is basically like Splice, a soft recreation of another film that doesn't really improve upon the formula all while having a significantly less scary (and in the case of Splice, less sexy) monster.
>>
>>84305731
>Assuming that alien life would be pretty much identical to what we have on earth

Is it likely? Sure probably
Is betting on it definitely being the case retardedly dangerous? You bet your asshole it is.
>>
>>84304558
I get it
>>
good movie, ending was shit and cliché
>>
The alien just seemed like an indestructable video game effect. It hangs out in the vacuum of space like it's no big deal, shows no damage from a flamethrower directly blasted onto its skin. As ridiculous as Alien biology was, they could die and they seemed like actual creatures. This thing never felt like it could exist in reality therefore isn't scary.
>>
>>84307410
To be fair its gimmick was that every cell in its body was multi-functional.
>>
I really liked the movie but the third act was weak and let the movie down and I have to remind myself that I thought 2/3 of the movie were great sometimes.
>>
>>84307410
Kinda true, it was stronger than a fully grown mans arm when it was like 15cm across
Immune to vacuum pressure. didnt give a fuck about lack of oxygen or fire or electricity
A plasma torch did no discernible damage to it

Sure make it scary, but like... a carbon based life form can not simply ignore fire lol

Just by nature of being a CARBON based life form it's impossible to be that resistant to fire, Deadpool roasted that thing with direct flame for like a minute, most extremophiles would die to that let alone a multicellular organism
>>
>>84307410
They state that it can store oxygen to survive short periods of airlessness and they never actually hit it directly with the incinerator.
Criticise real problems and not imaginary plot holes.
>>
>>84307600
It sits directly under that flame for like 30 seconds to a minute, watch carefully.
>>
>>84307410
yeah, it drained all the tension from the movie by being too OP

I enjoyed the ending though
>>
>>84307635
I watched the movie like three nights ago,it's on the move the entire time and Reynolds never directly has the flame over it. You are mistaken.
>>
>>84308001
how'd he die?
>>
>>84308001
I watched it like 3 hours ago and he sort of does when he has it in the corner.
>>
>>84305630
>>84305678
>>84305800
>>84305854
>>84307575
you have to go back
>>
They risked so much yet they couldn't be bothered with installing a proper lab? Other than that it was pretty good my mom really liked the ending and she though it was very scared
>>
>>84304476
agreed, that fucking glove scene was the spookiest shit ive seen in ages and im a really jaded horror fan. deadpools decision to try and save the nigger was retarded but he already set himself up as a goon so it kinda worked and he got a horrible death for it too

definitely lost momentum towards the end though and we all knew that ending was coming
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.