[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or is it impossible to take ugly actors seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: Driver2.jpg (214KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Driver2.jpg
214KB, 800x1200px
Is it just me or is it impossible to take ugly actors seriously?
>>
>>84293885
Pfffftttttt shhhahahahahahahahaa
>>
>>84293885
Who the fuck takes you seriously, fag?
>>
>>84293885
It is hard for me to take actors/actresses that are too pretty seriously. Sorry, but doctors/police/fire fighters/hackers etc. don't look like that.
>>
>>84293885
most big movies don't use ugly actors at all, let alone for major roles. so it's unusual to see
>>
>>84293885
i'm ugly af but make bank in video games. this may seem odd to mention but this business, like most, is dominated by people who are good looking. I'm not complaining about that. People like good looking people. They like to be around them, and they generally have better personalities.
but one thing is for sure, people don't keep the ugly around for their charming conversation. They only keep them around if they NEED them and they DELIVER
>>
I felt this way whenever I see Steve Buscemi boning a girl in Boardwalk Empire. Shit would never happen in real life, no matter how desperate the girl is or how much he pays her.
>>
>>84293885
it's a sign of the times
>>
>>84293885
That pub beard only make it worse
>>
File: joe.jpg (87KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
joe.jpg
87KB, 500x672px
>>84293885

It's just you because you're a faggot.
>>
>>84293885
lol
>>
>Le /r9k/ thread

You have to go back
>>
I heard people snicker when he took off his helmet in The Force Awakens
>>
he's not THAT bad looking

r-right guys?
>>
Most people you see irl are ugly or average. Brad Pitt level guys are one in 10,000. If anything, seeing a 10/10 male model type actor in a role of "average guy" should destroy your immersion.
>>
>>84293998
well put
>>
>>84293885
Um, is there something w-w-w-wrong with me if I actually think Adam Driver is, uh, handsome?

I mean, I watch all his movies just because he's in them.
>>
>>84293885
opposite for me. Good looking people lack character. Clooney, all those pretty boy Marvel faggots, Di Caprio. trash actors cruising by on looks and "charm" (basically a word that just means good looking)
>>
>>84294251
this is an /mu/ thread adjusted for /tv/
>>
>>84293946
some do
pretty people have the freedom to do whatever they want
>>
File: safFjS.jpg (208KB, 689x1024px) Image search: [Google]
safFjS.jpg
208KB, 689x1024px
>>84294286
Well, he clearly looks more interesting for women than average man.
>>
>>84294507
They're the exception. When you have a whole cast of pretty people, it's not as immersive.
I also don't like that known actors that don't look the role for an adaptation when I know they can find some rando actor that looks more accurately.
Wish I could live to see the day where technology has progressed far enough for CGI that looks completely identical to real life and can be produced cheaply enough replaces all actors and only voice (and maybe mocap) actors are left.
>>
>>84294400
he's a good actor but yeah you're probably in the minority.
>>
>>84294597
>>84294286
>>84293885
You know I've honsetly never heard anyone talk about or mention Adam Driver outsise of this board. Nor have I ever seen posts and threads about ugly actors(to which hes always posted in, usually as op) before Adams appearrance in TFA.

I have a creeping suspicion that he lurks this board and makes posts or threads about himself seeking validation, or fishing for compliments on his looks. That would also explain the what seem like daily Paterson threads.
>>
>>84293930
hi Adam
>>
>>84295105
He's very popular on tumblr, uh.
>>
>>84293946
Hackers aside I gotta disagree. Few people go "I'm ugly and people hate me but I sure do want to dedicate my life to helping them anyway."
>>
>>84294310
Underrated post. I hate watching anything that is trying to portray a average everyday schoolkids/housewives/soldiers/doctors/etc and everyone is fucking gorgeous except for the one fat character.
>>
>>84293885
ugly actors are fine

but if you're goofy ass looking type ugly, no way

the theater lit up with laughter when he took off the mask in SW
>>
>>84295478
>goofy
Kylo looks like 13 years old girl's wet dream in the movie.
>>
File: inbreds.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
inbreds.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>always thought he looked inbred
>look him up
>turns out he really is a cletus
>>
>>84295670
go to bed, adam
>>
>>84293885
Yeah, I don't go to see ugly actors. Jack Black is another one I avoid.
>>
>>84294507
Am a pretty boy, this is true. I can literally walk into restricted areas and people are too nervous to confront me. People immediately assume I'm smart without ever opening my mouth. Men feel the need to acknowledge my looks upon meeting me to simmer down the tension. At least one guy tries to fight me at every party. Condoms are always optional. Interviews are always a breeze. Even my professors stammer when I confront them about papers that they marked as a zero (I never turned it in). Of course, they'll admit their mistake and I can bring it in next class. Whatever country I go to people love me and I'm always invited to wherever the locals go to and I'm immediately accepted as a sort of prize. Yet here I am, shitposting on 4chan

feels nice to be a little narcissistic for once, humbleness is mandatory for me or else I'm hated
>>
>>84293885
It's opposite for me, actually. When I see an actor/actress that's too attractive onscreen, I generally don't take the movie seriously.
Think about it: if an actor/actress becomes well-known DESPITE the fact they're fat/unattractive, it's generally a sign of how good of an actor they are
>>
File: ghjKkA.png (2MB, 1280x1429px) Image search: [Google]
ghjKkA.png
2MB, 1280x1429px
>>84295744
it's not a secret that girls love brunette edgylords with long hair.
>>
>>84295906
girls also love faces that don't look like they've been caved in by a rock slide and ears that don't look like they could be used to cross the grand canyon
>>
>>84296064
Girls like Cumberkek, Driver and that one guy who played Bucky in MCU. So, your arguments are wrong.
>>
What a stupid thread, some of the best are ugly as fuck:
Danny De Vito
Liam Neeson
Steve Buscemi
Bill Murray
Benedict Cumberbatch
Benicio del Toro
Michael Keaton (nowadays)
Phillip Seymour Hoffman

The list goes on.
>>
>>84296253
>Benicio

U wot
>>
File: 1494268731594.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494268731594.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>84296253
>Liam Neeson
>ugly
>>
>>84293885

You suck at watching movies and should off yourself
>>
>>84293885
>>84293885
In fact one thing I love about his casting in Star Wars is that he is pretty goddamn goofy looking. It's one of the great things about the original trilogy is that most of them aren't the "beautiful" people. They're pretty average.
>>
File: hahahah.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
hahahah.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
Holy shit, all those triggered uggos
>>
If Adam Driver were ugly, he wouldn't get roles as a leading man-type. Pretty much every role he he's had he's had a girlfriend/wife/love scenes up the wazoo (all good looking ones, too). If he were ugly that wouldn't be the case. He wouldnt've gotten the role of Kylo Ren if he ugly, either. It's extremely obvious from the way they 'revealed' him to Rey that he's meant to be good looking.

Are you fucking serious tho about the original trilogy cast not being 'beautiful' people? All three of the main cast (Han, Luke, and Leia for plebs who don't know) were considered top heartthrobs when the films came out. Imagine being this stupid.
>>
File: 1498376532649.jpg (115KB, 750x663px) Image search: [Google]
1498376532649.jpg
115KB, 750x663px
Girls like successful people, rich people and good looking people.

He's successful and maybe rich. Surprise.

It's kind of like why a non pleb girl sometimes looks hotter/cuter than a super 10/10 perfect woman because she's more "interesting".

retards
>>
The only men that think Adam Driver is actually ugly are men that are ACTUALLY ugly and don't understand how someone that they think is universally renowned as ugly (so not the case--look at reactions to him at film screenings/press events) can garner this much attention. The bottom line is some kind of deep seeded 'wah wah but I'm ugly too why aren't I famous' jealousy and it's kind of sad.
>>
>>84293930
My mom, god bless her.
>>
>>84293885
depends on the role
He really is too goofy looking to be a menacing star wars villain
>>
Celebrities are zoo animals
>>
>>84293885
racist
>>
>>84297755
Wahahahaha
>>
>>84293885
Watched Silence last night. His accent was awful and Andrew Garfield's was even worse. Pity we never got to see the version with Benicio Del Toro, Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal and Daniel Day-Lewis.
>>
>>84294258
A lot of people in my cinema did the same thing.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 346x145px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 346x145px
>>84296253
>Neeson
>Benicio
>ugly
>>
I keep thinking Adam isn't that ugly but I look fairly similar to him and it hasn't gotten me any pussy so he must be ugly
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.