[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this too reddit for us or is it bad for other reasons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

Is this too reddit for us or is it bad for other reasons?
>>
it's not bad at all unless you're a fedora
>>
caught this on tv one day, i swear it felt like 4 hours long. fuk this movie
>>
DUDE DRUGS LMAO
>>
>>84291516
it's kind of boring
>>
>calling a movie "reddit"
no
>a movie that came out before reddit was even a thing
Fuck off!

If you've got that much of a boner for reddit, why don't you go there instead of pestering this board?
>>
>liking it because it glorifies the druggy lifestyle
>hating it because it glorifies the druggy lifestyle
which is worse?
>>
>>84291698
>reddit spacing
hello fellow 4channers
>>
File: Capture23.jpg (16KB, 645x38px) Image search: [Google]
Capture23.jpg
16KB, 645x38px
>>84291698
downvote
>>
>>84291516
DUDE MESCALINE LMAO
>>
Redditors love it because DUDE DRUGS LMAO but it has plenty more to offer than wacky druggies doing wacky druggie things.
>>
>>84291516

>DUDE DRUGS AND SURREAL SHIT LMAO

This movie is absolute shit and calling it Reddit would be giving it too much credit, because even Reddit isn't that bad.
>>
>>84291705
Does it really glorify the life style? I mean the last 3rd of the film gets fairly dark and depraved.
>>
DUDE LMAO
>>
hunter thompson is a hypocrite. he's the drugged out degenerate poster boy for why the 60s counter culture failed and yet he gets pissy at the other hippies for failing and being naive. not surprising that he ended up killing himself
>>
>>84292015
*DRUGS
>>
>>84291988
oh no i don't think it does. that's the attitude i'm trying to point out is wrong. i am typically uncomfortable around the topic of drugs so i could never watch the whole movie but i don't think it was bad.
>>
>>84291705
Not realizing it's a satire of the counter culture it "glorifies"<<<
Neck ys
>>
>>84292132
>not realizing that was the point of my post
>>
>>84292037
says someone who probably never read anything besides Fear and Loathing. Read Rum Diaries. Also if you knew what you are talking about you'd realize he pretty much lampoons hippy culture for most the novel and movie
>>
>>84291791
>>84291792
>not liking retarded non-criticism makes you a redditor
>making a space in your post to make it look tidier makes you a reddit
You fuckers weren't even complaining about that just one year ago.
>>
>>84291705
i haven't seen the movie, but the book talks about how the main purpose of 60's drug culture is escaping from the shitty reality of burger society
>>
>>84292199
this reddit spacing meme has to die
>>
>>84292152
Ha gotcha
Thanks for my (((you)))
<:^)
>>
>>84292037
that's weird that you're holding a single person responsible for the actions of an entire subculture. Thompson wasn't even particularly idolized in his day. being a writer that got his start in journalism kind of limited his appeal in an era when TV and movies were starting to explode in the US. say what you will about his cult following today, but he pioneered a style of journalism and was a rather talented writer in his own right. he was a gun loving, rum drinking, political activist. not exactly the "poster child" you'd associate with contemporary progressives
>>
Main characters are on drugs the entire time in their hotel room. It gets boring.
>>
>>84292222
And by that you mean...
That people should stop complaining about the spacing, or stop doing the spacing?
>>
>>84292192
>lampoons hippy culture

too bad the wave speech is his most popular part of the book and even he thought it was his best work

the guy is a fucking jack ass
>>
>>84292259
complaining about it

sometimes i double hit the enter key it's not really a problem
>>
>>84292261
>the wave speech
the wave speech is great, I cant imagine anyone disliking it other than to be a contrarian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLdEE3ZYWdM
>>
>>84292401
he's nostalgiafagging over that time period in a satirical book about the failure of the 60s
>>
>>84292261
>the wave speech
http://i.imgur.com/n1Z7uUs.jpg
nu-4chan is full of Trump voting idiots, that would have been laughed at by oldfags
>>
>>84292521
looks like they've infected you too
>>
>>84292521
0/10 you're just butthurt
>>
>>84292610
butthurt are you also >>84292489
this. This was the point I was making you jackass
>>
>>84292610
low energy post
>>
>>84292666
>>84292661
cry more
>>
>>84292401
this is good
>>
what a brilliant thread. congratulations to everyone involved
>>
>>84292401
why the fuck does he talk like this? i can barely understand him
>>
>>84292812
you're welcome faggot
>>
>>84291791

This is reddit spacing you fucktard.
Separating paragraphs or sentences is just common courtesy for the reader.
>>
>>84292521
Hi, 2004 here. This place has always been and will continue to be shit
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.