[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is excite for Dunkirk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Who is excite for Dunkirk?
>>
>>84288417
As a WW2 buff this resurgence of WW2 movies both excites and worries me. I'm hoping it won't all be Boomerbait trash.
>>
I like WW2 movies so I want to see it, even if the fact it will be all all about the brits bothers me
>>
>>84288417
It's gonna be shit and cringey.
>>
File: 1396638491785.jpg (171KB, 543x703px) Image search: [Google]
1396638491785.jpg
171KB, 543x703px
>Nolan
nope
>>
>>84288417
>French soldiers bravely fight so brits can escape
>Not a single frenchman in the trailer

Anglos rewriting history everyone...
>>
File: IMG_0595.gif (859KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0595.gif
859KB, 480x270px
>>84288417
>>
>>84288751
We have one guy that gets featured in the trailer as he's running up on the quay, and there have been set pictures where French soldiers were present, so we'll see how it pans out.

But they'll probably dismiss the defense of Lille, and other instances like that, so they can focuse wholly on the brits ":/"... We'll see...
>>
Hitler orders Panzer divisions to halt advances, doesn't want to wipe out Nigel because he wants some sort of autistic arrangement with him. Anglos retreat and spin the entire thing into a "victory."

No such deal with Hitler, Hitler left with his pants down, the Eternal Anglo strikes again (albeit thanks to Hitler's "strategy")

Dunkirk is a feel good meme of historical inaccuracy and patriotic bias for Anglos like the Patriot is for Americans.

Wish Nolan would have covered something a bit more unique and with a truer testament to Allied courage, like Operation Chastise or the Battle of Castle Itter.
>>
>>84289220
>Hitler orders Panzer divisions to halt advances, doesn't want to wipe out Nigel because he wants some sort of autistic arrangement with him.
>believing Nazi propaganda in 2K +17
>pretending you're enligthened for it
>>
>>84288484
he went through decent trouble to making interstellar somewhat accurate in terms of physics, so he might do this in terms of history,
>>
>>84289275
Indulge me, Monty, how did it really go down? You give Jerry a proper thrashing and then head back home for tea?
>>
>>84289763
I'm French, but there's a bastion of things to account for in why Hitler didn't immediately launch the offensive. Firstly, the Germans, their commanders, and Hitler among them, were hampered by the fear that they'd had it too good, and that the French were going to launch a counter-offensive, like there had been at the Marne in 1914. Hitler forced his army to wait for their flanks to be neatly reinforced before they'd even be allowed to proceed with anything.

Second off, in attacking France, the armored units had raced ahead of the infantry, and Hitler didn't want to throw away his tanks against the well-entrenched French units, since he hoped to keep them healthy and sound for the next offensive against the French positions on the Somme.

Thirdly, he wanted it to be a victory of "him" over his generals: making his generals wait was something he did so that his generals would have to concede they were his bitch, and he wanted to bequeath the laurels of victory on the Luftwaffe and by proxy Goering.

tl.dr: you're a butthurt German
>>
>>84288417
My grandfather died on that beach. Better do him a justice
>>
>>84289763
Well... Anything else to say?
>>
>>84289275
>>Hitler orders Panzer divisions to halt advances, doesn't want to wipe out Nigel because he wants some sort of autistic arrangement with him.

Sure he did, any other compitent person would have continued the panzer advance, encircled the BEF and held them to ransom in exchange for a peace treaty/non agression pact
>>
File: reee.png (346KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
reee.png
346KB, 858x725px
There will never be a grand epic movie about the Battle of Stalingrad
>>
Hitler stopping his armies as a gesture is a meme

>>84290141
These are more legit reasons
>>
>>84290879
>These are more legit reasons
Well I'm pretty foggy on the details but these are the ones I remembered. What were the others?
>>
>>84288417
I'm really really annoyed that in 2017 a WW2 flick still can't get historical details right.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.