[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was this about?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: what the fuckery.jpg (75KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuckery.jpg
75KB, 600x338px
What the fuck was this about?
>>
>>84286346
That's up to your interpretation. I'll just say that Christian imagery is prevalent and at the end it zooms out so show a huge boat (ark) capsized.
>>
>>84286346
The existential crisis one faces when they lose their faith in christianity and their subsequent world view collapses.
>>
If you want to take away all of the religious undertones, you could just see it as a story of ghosts of a forgotten world trying to remember that they were forgotten But the director was a fervent believer of christianity and he was going though a dire situation that was making him question his faith while working on this movie, it would be silly to ignore the connections.
>>
>>84286346
It's a criticism of the Japanese fishing industry.
>>
truly patrician movie
>>
>>84286346
what is it?
>>
>>84288870
Tenshi no Toboggan
>>
>>84288870
angel's egg 1985
>>
>>84288870
Persona 4 "final" boss
>>
>>84288870
Monsters vs Aliens
>>
>>84286346
nobody knows, not even Oshii
>>
>>84289921
>>84289890
>>84289866
>>84289470
fuck you guys
>>
>>84290007
Angel egg
>>
File: angels-egg.png (513KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
angels-egg.png
513KB, 853x480px
Would you crack her egg?
>>
>>84290731
Of course the egg was empty and long since dead.
>>
File: dance of the heathen gods.jpg (32KB, 327x323px) Image search: [Google]
dance of the heathen gods.jpg
32KB, 327x323px
>>84286346
Why are the nips so good at capturing the horor and epic scope of christian mythology?
When we see the room with the fossils in the ark with the haunting choir it makes me piss my pants. Is this a result of a literal reading of the old testament from a non-european perspective where the rougher passages have not been softened by early schooling and reading children's book version of Noah's ark and shit?

https://youtu.be/8a9X57xv6vo?t=45s
>>
File: what is his problem.png (60KB, 392x110px) Image search: [Google]
what is his problem.png
60KB, 392x110px
Is he RIGHT?
>>
>>84292510
yes
>>
>>84292510
>masterpiece
yes
>>
>>84288870
The hottest new meme show
>>84286346
Why is this making the rounds all of a sudden?
A friend of mine heard about it through her anime club in norpsville and a couple weeks later it starts popping up on /tv/
Anime only does that when it's fucking Princess Mononoke or Akira

I'm sure we're looking at primo material here but fuck me i thought i had been given something SPECIAL
>>
>ANGEL EGGS ARE IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
>>
>>84292159
>s this a result of a literal reading of the old testament from a non-european perspective where the rougher passages have not been softened by early schooling and reading children's book version of Noah's ark and shit?

Definitely
And the torturing and execution of early japanese christians
they've gotta be more cynical about it than anything
>>
>>84292510
>>84294532

of fucking course
here we go

now it's going to go straight from "i never heard about it" to "THIS IS THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER" simply because it's rare
>>
>EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME
>AN WE GON MAKE YOU LOSE YA MIND
>WE JUST WANNA SEE YOU
>HATCH THAT
>>
>>84286346
I watched this over a year ago and I don't remember. I just remember it being really weird and bleak.

Also, I remember a lot of people had it in their 3x3s.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.