[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fargo season 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 30

so what went wrong ?
>>
File: 1494717792041.jpg (69KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494717792041.jpg
69KB, 960x960px
>Nicki didn't get her revenge because of some nig state trooper
>>
>>84282916
vargas or danny rand was a complete joke. The worst aspects of Malvo and the Negro gangster from s2. Every time he came on screen it was like changing the channel to a bugs bunny cartoon. Not to mention his silly sidekicks.
>>
Noah trying too hard to be intelligent and make meaningful art, just like what happened with Mr Robot S2, Twin Peaks s3, American Gods,
>>
>>84282916
Nothing, very enjoyable season, I loved it and consider it better than season one but lower than season two.

Everyone who thinks different is a massive pleb and should be gassed immediately.
>>
File: 1497493061095.png (66KB, 223x215px) Image search: [Google]
1497493061095.png
66KB, 223x215px
squandered the god tier 9 episode set up (especially episode 8) for a "wink wink sometimes shit happens and the world isnt what you think" moment that renders nikki emmit sy and gloria's arcs useless

still 7/10 season overall
>>
>>84283727
ep 8 was amazing ep 9 was a huge let down thought it was building up to something crazy like the end of season 1 till I saw ep 9 ep 10 was still great though
>>
>>84282916

>tasteless neckbeards cannot appreciate good dialogue and acting the thread

pls euthanize yourselves
>>
>>84284039
ep 10 started off very strong but then quickly fell off starting at the nikki death scene. would have been a great scene except it completely nullified all the build up of the season and ray wise in the bowling alley. if they had to have her go like that, it should have either a) been gloria that killed her, who then went after varga or b) not had the ray wise interaction from episode 8
>>
>>84284194
>pseud thinks anything with a slow pace and subversive storytelling is intelligent and artistic.
>>
>>84284194
nobody criticizes those elements of this show ever you retard, because they are always consistently good. it's not even worth mentioning. it's like saying fargo has great camera work or a great soundtrack. no shit
>>
>>84284195
She died because she fucked up trying to get Varga and decided to go after Emmit instead. That's why she forgot the verse. She failed, and that's why she died.
>>
>>84284489
the reason she died is blindingly obvious. the choice to have that happen is what is stupid
>>
File: Dodd.png (142KB, 327x398px) Image search: [Google]
Dodd.png
142KB, 327x398px
Best character right here
>>
>>84284589
I liked it. She got what she deserved for trying to blackmail someone else and killing someone. She got her chance of redemption and failed.
Only thing I don't like is Emmit getting shot. He deserved a second chance.
>>
>>84284619
nah Mike Milligan was better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb814rfwOOE
>>
>>84284666
getting her chance at redemption and failing is the stupid part. that was her entire arc, and it went nowhere. sleezy criminal girl who we think is just using ray to get the money turns into girl who actually really loved ray and was just looking after him turns into girl avenging his death...oh except in the end she kills a cop and dies failing. no arc at all. thats why i said it was just in service of the "wink wink bad shit happens sometimes that you cant explain" theme of the finale and not in service of making her a good character

i also though emmit getting shot was pointless. he had even less of an arc than nikki. he started out as a bumbling good natured business man that got seduced by someone evil, but never fully sinks into evil nor rises back up to redeem himself. he just goes away and cries to his wife then he dies. fucking boring
>>
>>84283727

Are you me?

The last episode didn't ruin the show, but it failed to deliver on the promise of the rest of the season. Poor/pointless resolutions to a lot of the threads and a complete dropping of others. As an episode it was still on par with the others in terms of acting, cinematography, etc., but the story just wasn't there.

It's fine if other people liked it but I'm tired of people saying stuff like "you just don't GET it, man" or "you just need everything spoonfed to you" but that's BS. I understand that Hawley was intentionally telling an anti-story but that doesn't make it good just because it was intentional. "Haha, my joke has no punchline! Now appreciate how well I fooled you into thinking my joke had a point!" A lot of people are tripping over themselves to show how "zen" they are and how they'd appreciate any story just because "that's the story the creators wanted to tell." That's an incredibly low bar for writing standards.

Again, the last episode didn't ruin the whole season or anything. It had a lot of aspects to appreciate and the season in general was good. The ending was just a missed opportunity.
>>
>>84282916
this season was just dark the others was dark & funny
>>
>>84284194

Thread: The story just didn't pan out. Still a good season, though.

You: "WHAT A BUNCH OF PLEBS DIDN'T APPRECIATE THE ACTING"

Hey, dude, criticizing the writing is not equal to criticizing the acting. Everyone knows the acting is great so there's no need to go out of your way to praise it when the more relevant discussion point is the writing.
>>
shouldn't have killed scoot
a bumblefuck among bumblefucks
>>
it had its moments but at the end of the day it was actually just a garbage season. it was downright just not enjoyable like season 1 and 2 were.
>>
Everything about the ending was dumb as fuck outside of not knowing the fate of Varga. Nikki shouldn't have died and Emmit shouldn't have died. Everything before that was good though.
>>
>>84283057
Twin peaks is the best thing on tv by a wide margin anon. Comparing it to capeshit like american gods is telling of your intelligence
>>
this show hasnt been good since season 1
>>
File: fargo7-sy[1].jpg (118KB, 650x337px) Image search: [Google]
fargo7-sy[1].jpg
118KB, 650x337px
>The world. The world is wrong. It looks like my world, but everything’s different.

Sy did nothing wrong and didn't deserve anything that happened to him
>>
Shitty villain, shitty protagonist, no retribution for protagonist, too much symbolism again, thin characters...
>>
>>84285306
You're nowhere near as smart as you think you are.
>>
>>84284926
it's like Hawley was so in love with the anticlimactic ending of No Country For Old Men he has to do some version of it in every season finale
>>
>>84286382
going into a coma and getting brain damaged/paralyzed seemed excessively cruel, I don't get why his arc petered out in such a depressing way
>>
>>84283727
I mean at some point you have to blame yourself. >>84286382
A good chunk of it is his fault.
Not to say he deserved to be turned into a cripple though.
>>
File: fargo.png (229KB, 880x550px) Image search: [Google]
fargo.png
229KB, 880x550px
So what is he an angel or some shit?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTK8torOylM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
I think this season had 2 major issues:
>Gloria doesn't feel as part of the main plot as much as the main police character did in the other seasons, plus it seems like she only advanced in the case when it was handed to her (Emmit confessing and the IRS call)
>The ending was lackluster, all the action in episode 10 should've been at episode 9. It almost felt like they ran out of time to complete character arcs
>>
>>84287054
> The ending was lackluster, all the action in episode 10 should've been at episode 9. It almost felt like they ran out of time to complete character arcs
This is every Fargo finale though.
>>
>>84285355
season 2 was better though
>>
>>84287101
the finales of both the previous seasons have been great. just because s2e10 wasnt action packed doesnt mean it isnt an excellent conclusion to the story
>>
File: stranger[1].jpg (48KB, 510x408px) Image search: [Google]
stranger[1].jpg
48KB, 510x408px
>>84286902
Maybe it was a Big Lebowski reference

>>84287101
Not really, the episodes with the most action in the previous seasons weren't episode 10.
>>
it took a bunch of interesting characters and decided to do nothing with them
>>
>Yuri will never wreck your boihole

why live
>>
>>84286902
He's supposedly the Wandering Jew.
>>
>>84286738
Read a book you nigger.
>>
I dunno, I liked Varga.
>>
>so what went wrong ?
nothing comes to mind quickly
it was pretty good
>>
>>84287728
He was effective on me.
When I first saw him I thought he was a patsy or a trick or something. He looked like some homeless guy they threw in a cheap suit and I mistook him being elusive as him not knowing anything.
>>
>>84282996
there was nothing to avenge with emitt
the glass thing was an accident and just as much rays fault as emitts
>>
s2 > s1 > s3

disagree = reddit
>>
>>84289368
S1 is superior to S2. Remember that S2 ended with that Hanzee plastic surgery "bridging le gap between past and present" bullshit
>>
not enough scenes of MEW to fap to.
>>
>>84288931
He didn't explain it and she was mad and probably would've believed it to be his fault anyways for leading to it.
She already hated Emmit. She already blamed him for ruining his life. She blamed him for the things Sy did.
Really them listening to Sy and Nikki is what made their feud become so much worse.
>They could've been brothers again if Nikki didn't HAVE to be a gross cunt.
>Sy HAD to be a complete asshole and act as though it were Emmit's exact wishes
>>
>>84289606
I wanted Emmit to explain to her that is was an accident and that he didn't mean to do it. He would cry and get on his knees in the middle of the road and shit.
And she would accept his apology, understand that Varga had been fucking everything all along, and she would just leave and go after Varga again.
>>
Guys, GUYS. I think I know how to make the next season great!

>have this somewhat innocent man getting caught in the middle of a crazy the drama and mix-ups of the Fargo cartel
>have him go to extreme lengths and come strong but morally corrupted out of it
>a totally incompetent police force with only one good cop, preferably a woman
>chief of police is a massive moron
>add one symbolic thing that leaves the viewer thinking WTF
>add two somewhat incompetent henchmen employed by Fargo
>main villain is an intellectual who goes on lengthy monologues

Rate my pitch, guys.
>>
The focus more on actors and not on writing.
>>
>>84282996
But she did.

The quote she was given and spoke was twofold. She murdered that criminal with Ray. She was unjust and was killed for it and the events drove Mr. Wrench to kill Emmit.
>>
File: raykot.jpg (153KB, 1536x768px) Image search: [Google]
raykot.jpg
153KB, 1536x768px
Ewan McGregor fucking nailed this part.
>>
>>84286902
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandering_Jew
>>
>>84289475
>Hanzee plastic surgery
that's just a theory that reddit made up
>>
>>84290382
seems like shit, unlike season 2
>>
>>84290736
>It's just a theory

Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>84284991
I found it funnier than previous seasons until about halfway through, when people start dying.
The whole McGregor vs McGregor feud was funny
>>
>>84290707
(MEW)
>>
the henchmen were awful, but still better than le mute jewish twins

>asian guy listens to classical music during a combat situation

the show was decent to watch but shows the state of TV desu. Just random references and quotes to sound deep and the interesting scenes are pretty much ripped from old movies and TV
>>
File: 1498403215542.png (515KB, 800x857px) Image search: [Google]
1498403215542.png
515KB, 800x857px
>>84290889
yuri was the best henchman of all 3 seasons and that's an objective fact
>>
>>84282916
Nothing. You plebs just don't appreciate art.
>>
Nothing went wrong. Plebs got filtered.
>>
>>84290969
no thanks tucker, I hear enough dude russia lmao on every other TV channel
>police being too scared to raise their voice or their gun when threatened by trackpants man

on another note I feel like the TV series has too many jewish references in it and caricatures of what they think white people are like. The movie was much more genuine and relatable
>>
The issue with season 3 was that unlike season 1-2 where Molly and Lou gave the cop angle some much needed charisma you had Gloria who was flat and a boss who was a asshole but didn't really have a reason to be a asshole, unlike season 1 and 2.
>>
>>84290686
> Mr. Wrench

Holy fuck I had completely forgotten about this character from season 1.
>>
>>84291078

Basically this. S3 was pure kino
>>
>>84291078
>Nothing went wrong.
explain Chief Moe Dammik and how he wasn't wrong.
>>
They chose to go back to being like Season 1 instead of Season 2.
>>
>>84284800
Maybe that's the point in saying "this is. true story" cause there is no character arcs in real life, no ones perfect, people can get taken advantage of, or seek revenge or redemption or something, but it's not always going to turn out the way it does in movies.

Also can someone explain the point of the beginning of the season with it being in Russia, I forgot what the dialogue was really about, I just remembered they apparently captured the wrong man for a crime, and I saw someone pointed out the guy was wearing the same slippers as emmit
>>
>>84291457
Yuri killed the girl the guy went to jail for.
>>
>>84291427
Literally the only things season 1 and season 3 share are the close setting and female protag.
>>
>>84291399
Chief Moe is the worst character in the show
>>
>>84291169
>police being too scared to raise their voice or their gun when threatened by trackpants man

>Not understanding who that Police man was
It made sense. I just wish it was Moe instead.
>>
>>84291557
Not disagreeing, by far the worse of any character who showed up for more then 1 episode in the entire run. Just curious on those who think season 3 is great to defend it.
>>
>>84291457
It sets the arc of the seasoning - mis-identification.
>>
>>84291706
I loved Season 3. but I'm not oblivious to its flaws. I think the biggest problem was having Gloria have so much screen time. Cut out 30% of her stuff and give it to the others would have made the season better
>>
>plebs not realising Chief Moe worked for Varga
>>
File: varga.jpg (83KB, 944x619px) Image search: [Google]
varga.jpg
83KB, 944x619px
>>84282916
There's a chinese proverb, Mr. Stussy. "Swap children, make food".
You see, during the cultural revolution, the farmers had their grain confiscated by the Red Guard military. When they had to resort to cannibalism to survive, they found it easier to eat the children of others rather than their own.
Now, Mr Stussy, are you the grain or the children?
>>
>>84291784
The main theme is Truth Vs Narrative. Thats what it set up. Identity was just a sub theme that I don't think actually went anywhere. Especially disappointing since they made Ray and Emmit Ewan(Not even twins) for no reason at this point.
>>
>>84291557
he kinda plays it in the same way as in true detective and boardwalk empire
>>
reminder that varga represents the show itself
>is shown eating three meals
>the first is a collection very beautiful foods, which he horks down and vomits back up into a complete mess

>the second is a pleasant family meal, nothing too special, but prepared well
>he horks down a ton of it and vomits up a complete mess

>the third is just short order cook, crap no one would really enjoy eating, but still not bad
>he vomits it back up into a complete mess

>three seasons of fargo
>three binge-purge sessions
>the first had the most to choose from
>the second was limited but still carefully prepared
>the third was just shoveled out, shoveled down, and vomited back up
>>
>>84291856
Yeah but like, he was an obstacle with no payoff. Season 1 had Bob Odenkirk, but atleast he had a good reason. All Moe had was mashed potatoes
>>
>>84291876
>Acting like fargo isn't one of the best TV shows from this decade or the last
>>
File: anonfargo.png (22KB, 1878x175px) Image search: [Google]
anonfargo.png
22KB, 1878x175px
>>84291457
Anon had an insightful explanation about that part (too). Also, it was East Berlin not Russia.

>I just remembered they apparently captured the wrong man for a crime

Yuri Gurka commited the crime, who became Varga's hitman 22 years later. Remember when the Wandering Jew mentioned Helga Albrecht in the bowling alley? She was the victim.
>>
varga.jpg
83KB, 944x619px
>>84282916
>Let me tell you about the winged Hussars, Emmet. They were the pride of Poland, an elite troop of horse riders who spread fear and destruction wherever they went. Then of course, in 1939 the Germans blitzed them with their tanks and their airplanes. The Poles had no choice but to live on horse meat
>>
>lady shoes
>>
>>84291842
Why did Varga have a picture of Stalin on his wall? He was obviously not a stalinist and was likely not a fan of it considering his plans, so what gives?
>>
>>84292130
Varga posting should be the new baneposting tbqh
>>
>>84292217
It won't work
>>
>>84292217
too much effort required
>>
>>84286902
He literally tels you who he is. Are you faggots even watching the show or just looking at your phone every 5 minutes and then complain when shit flies over your heads?
>>
>>84286902
he's Leland Palmer
>>
File: giphy[3].gif (2MB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[3].gif
2MB, 832x468px
>>84292130
>Let me tell you something Varga, we used to be gorillas, there are no rules. Let me know if you're still an ape
>>
>>84292198
What?

It's one of those, "here's the theme, guys" sort of things. The entire show is a personalized view of totalitarianism. The main 'villians' are all about imposing their will on certain individuals. Normally we see totalitarianism as some sort of abstract 'state'. Here we see it manifest in Varga, the new chief, the churn of the 1950's scifi film boom, etc.

The Stalin poster is the same sort of nudge, nudge signifier as the Russian and Chinese henchmen...it's like the last 10 minutes of Fincher's Gone Girl. It's only there in case you didn't get it already.
>>
varga.jpg
83KB, 944x619px
>>84282916
Do you know what power is, Mr Stussy? The jungle tribes of Cambodia have a way of choosing a new leader. They gather the strongest candidates and set them off into the jungle. Now, letting the people decide who to lead them is like letting a pig decide if it's to be bacon or ham. Instead the jungle chooses for them, the last man to return from the jungle is the new leader and indeed the most fit ruler.
>>
>>84282916

nothing. it's pleb filter kino
>>
>>84292512
Got it, thanks
>>
>>84282916
Do you know what made Britain the largest empire ever to exist, Mr Stussy? It wasn't the fleet or the rulers or the firepower, it was the hunger. The Romans stopped expanding when the climate got too cold for them, and the French had too much work with their jewish problem. When they stopped eating, the wolves instead came for them. You can't be afraid of giving your troops some curry if you want to stay alive, Emmet.
>>
>>84282916
Does V.M. in Varga's name mean Verum and Mendacium (truth and lie in latin)?
>>
>>84293357
>Mendacium
Also defined as

A lie, untruth, falsehood, fiction.
An illusion, counterfeit.
>>
>>84282916
Yuri disappearing was kind of shitty, he was the better henchman by a mile. The series just took a left turn after episode 8. A servant of God giving her a second chance only for her to waste it on vengeance was pretty good, but her being cast as the counterpart to Varga and bringing his operation down was absurd and idiotic storytelling given everything we had seen about her. Even with the mute hitman.

The last two episodes where underwhelming, unbelievable, and lacked any sense of payoff. I don't mind that Varga ultimately won, which I believe he did, and the ending scene was fantastic, but the road there was underwhelming and just not good.
>>
>>84282916
The good guys won
>>
File: HvLWH[1].jpg (30KB, 745x428px) Image search: [Google]
HvLWH[1].jpg
30KB, 745x428px
>>84293395
Bad guys don't win in Fargo silly goose.

Fargo continues with excellent villains, no other show has one as good and they have three
>>
Objective opinion:
S3>S1
>>
>>84293522
It's extremely hard for me to rate them but I'd say that S2 was my favorite ever so slightly
>>
>>84291457
you dont make tv shows out of real life because real life is not worth making a show out of. movie and show characters have arc because if they didnt their character would have no purpose being played on screen. again, it's another case of hawley going for the "wink wink life is unpredictable life does weird shit" garbage that the coens do much better in a childish execution
>>
>>84293517
>milligan
>villain
plebs need to leave
>>
>>84293625
Dude Fargo is a true story, they just changed the names out of respect for the dead BUT they tell the rest exactly as it occurred out of respect for the survivors
>>
>>84283010
So you miss the point of Fargo entirely then
>>
File: IMG_2393.jpg (29KB, 210x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2393.jpg
29KB, 210x295px
Pic related is the man who saved season 3. If you disagree you are objectively a pleb.
>>
File: 1496974416002.png (1MB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496974416002.png
1MB, 1280x640px
>>84294074
all the characters were great until the finale. then youre right, it was really just him that was good. honorable mention to yuri, who had a great ending before they could ruin him
>>
>>84294219
I liked emmit until the end. Didn't care for coon and mew even tho they're fap material.
>>
>>84294219
Truth characters
>Gloria, Ray, Sy
Narrative characters
>Varga, Nikki, Emmit, Moe
I liked how all the narrative characters decided the story. I think that besides Sy, none of the Truth character really did anything or anything that was their own doing without the influence of a narrative character. Though I think this hurt Gloria the most, since she wasn't really involved in the story much despite her screen time
>>
>>84294362
>Gloria wasn't involved
Not to sound like an asshat but I'm pretty sure that's the whole point. There wasn't any justice this season.
>>
>>84294396
Yeah but she had so much screen time it feels like a cheat. I think they followed the theme to much when it came to her. If they cut her down like 30% and didn't make Episode 3 all hers, I'd be fine with it. Sadly they felt they needed a cop character to fill screen time
>>
>android story
best episode of the series
>>
>>84294362
>Sy
>Truth
He was absolutely a narrative character, just a weaker one.

Emmit was weak minded and influenced narrative characters constantly. Initially Sy, who was replaced by the more powerful Varga, and then Nikki.
>>
>>84294627
Sy is the exception, but for the majority he is absolutely Truth.
>>
I love Nikki at the elevator.
The Truth was that she killed Varga and gave him the speech, the Narrative was that he got away.
>>
>>84294671
no he isnt. and like i told you in the last thread, just because the major theme is truth vs narrative doesnt mean all the characters are either truth or narrative. gloria is truth and varga is narrative, and the others are somewhere in between, you huge mongoloid
>>
>>84294451
Good point
>>
>>84294716
You can absolutely categorize them. Gloria and Varga are the extremes, yes, but just because the others are in between does not mean they don't fall on one side or the other.
>>
File: IMG_2252.png (147KB, 249x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2252.png
147KB, 249x386px
>>84294696
Shouldn't it be the other way around
>>
>>84294778
no, you can't. gloria and varga yes. moe is barely a character, he doesnt even deserve to be on the list. sy nikki ray and emmit are all a blend of both
>>
>>84294780
No. Doesn't matter what the Truth is the Narrative is the dominant
>>
>>84294826
You're being dumb. Yes they can have features of both, but they fall on one side or the other. Ray and Sy are majority Truth characters
>>
>>84294876
youre the one that tries to fit characters where they dont necessarily fit just because two characters at the end of the show are meant to symbolize the two parts of a theme. there is absolutely no reason to categorize the other ones other than to act like you get some 2deep4u part of a very easy to understand season.

how is emmit more narrative than ray? just because of one incident that happened when they were children that doesnt affect their characters at all?
>b-but it made them into the people they are today
sure, but it didn't make them into deceitful or truthful people. in fact, after all the superficial differences were stripped away, they were not as different as they appeared
>>
>>84290889
When nikki was describing the henchmen why did she say russian and some kind of oriental? Why did she automatically assume he was russian, he could've been any eastern european guy based on the accent.
>>
>>84292217
It requires non brainlets so it's dead on arrival.
>>
I THOUGHT WONDER WOMAN STOPPED ARES
>>
>>84294970
Calm down. This season can have a many number of interpretations.
>>
Entire season felt like it was 2deep4u shit every two seconds. Which is why MEW felt weird as fuck as she was just a normally written character with very normal actions and desires.
>>
Why didn't the jew god just tell her about the true narrative so that she wouldn't misinterpret it?
>>
>>84294970
Sy is a truth character, you asshat

>"The world. The world is wrong. It looks like my world, but everything’s different."
>>
>>84295175
I think it was 2deep only 4u
>>
wasted carrie coon's talents for a whole season.
>>
>>84292217
it will die just like Vinceposting, which is a shame, they're both really good
>>
>>84295339
>one line after 6 or 7 episodes of being deceitful
>does nothing after that
bravo
>>
>>84295489
He was never deceitful. Ray was trying to leech off of Emmit
>>
>>84295623
in the end emmit admits what he did was wrong and that he shouldnt have done it, meaning he was wrong all those years. but more importantly, the two could and should have reconciled because they still deep down loved and cared about each other, but sy kept clouding emmits mind by saying ray was walking scum and that he had to completely cut him off, not because it would benefit emmit, but because sy didnt like ray for whatever reason
>>
>>84295687
Emmit would absolutely be better off without Ray. Ray was obviously walking garbage, just really nice.
>>
>>84295734
>emmit would absolutely be better of without ray
you mean the absolute emotional mess he was that eventually led to selling his company, getting his best friend vegetablized, and eventually getting himself murdered?

did you even watch the show? it does a pretty good job of making it obvious that the season goes from quirky brothers quarrel to everything is dark grim and shitty right after ray dies
>>
>>84295802
Without Ray doesn't mean killing him. Its obvious Ray was a leech before Nikki even happened. Its not good to have someone like that in your life. Family or not. Sy was right
>>
>>84295802
Do you think Sy wanted to kill Ray?
>>
File: shuffle.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
shuffle.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>84295489
>Sy
>deceitful
>>
>>84295068
To Americans, an "Eastern European" accent is Russian. So in a sense, when she said "Russian" she was being just as broad with her description of Yuri as she was when she described Meemo as "oriental."
>>
>>84295890
if he could get away with it he definitely wanted to. "shackles off?" but he never had the sack to actually go through with anything like that so he just did petty things. until varga came around and actually started fucking shit up, which put him severely off
>>84295863
emmit himself admits anything that happened to ray was his fault. it's the reason you put emmit in the narrative category originally, because he admits his side of the story is a lie. the point isnt whether or not ray was shitty, it was whether or not he and emmit had the capacity to reconcile and put the grudge behind them etc and love each other. whether or not they still cared for each other. and its very obvious that no matter what sy tried to do, they both cared very much for each other. ergo, sy trying to make ray hate emmit due to all the stuff sy did to ray supposedly on emmit's behalf and all the shit sy told emmit about ray in order to prevent that reconciliation, when in reality without him the reconciliation could have occured, makes sy deceitful
>>
>>84295068
>Why did she automatically assume he was russian

yuri asked
>have you ever been to siberia
and goes into all that historical shit

>accent
>talks about siberia
good bet the guy is russian
>>
>>84296024
>if he could get away with it he definitely wanted to
No he didn't. Nikki's beating showed he didn't have the heart.
>>
File: FAR_S3_InsideLook_Varga.jpg (21KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
FAR_S3_InsideLook_Varga.jpg
21KB, 600x337px
>You know in 1994 they had a lack of people of color on TV. So a lot of people of color, blacks, hispanics, asians, you name it were getting quite upset. Well the president of HBO Maurice Goldstein decided to start a new series with the then famous black actors. The show starred Wesley Snipes and Denzel Washington and was called 'The Niggers'.
>>
>>84296225
>Now you must ask yourself, Mr. Stussy. Are you Maurice Goldstein or Denzel Washington?
>>
>>84296190
i literally said that you fucking idiot
>>
>>84296225
womp womp
>>
http://www.vmvarga.com/
>>
File: 200_s.gif (50KB, 412x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
50KB, 412x200px
>tfw the widow Goldfarb wasn't from the Kansas City mob.

>tfw Varga wasn't a just henchman from Rundle Realty like Malvo.

>tfw when we don't get new hints and connections about almost supernaturally high level organized crime..
>>
>>84296225
>>84296307
> barely managed to vincepost
> still too dumb to vargapost

Dammit.
>>
3>2>1

but the entire series is a fucking masterpiece
>>
>>84293395
episode 8 was honestly too good for this season, but yeah him just disappearing and never being mentioned again was complete horse shit
>>
>>84297505
Patrician taste
>>
>>84297505
Liking Season 3 the best is trying to appear like you're cooler.
I love all 3 seasons, but S3 is undoubtedly the worst
>>
>>84298047
yeah i definitely didnt like season 3 most of the time it was airing. i guess it being the last season makes me look at it a little more fondly though

2>1=3
>>
>>84298251
Season 3 is still fantastic man.
>>
File: shiggy varga.jpg (86KB, 851x851px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy varga.jpg
86KB, 851x851px
2>1>3
this is indisputable. do not respond to this post.
>>
>>84298838
hi
>>
File: FargoOkayThen.webm (1MB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
FargoOkayThen.webm
1MB, 1920x1078px
>>84298838
>>
>>84296225
This is retarded because of the amount of black sitcoms in the 80s, which Varga has lived through

Don't ever try vargaposting again
>>
>>84291022
>television
>art
>>
vargaposting doesnt work because nothing varga says is stupid. thats the point of all his stories, theyre complicated and interesting and have a moral, it's just he only uses them to confuse or soothe emmit. vinceposting worked because half the lines vince vaughn delivered sounded like some random shit an anon on /tv/ could shit out in a thread on page 3
>>
File: 1.jpg (168KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
168KB, 1920x960px
How did the mute and Swango justifying massacring the henchmen? What did they ever do to them? If they were after the money, were those lives really worth less than said money? It makes them the real villains of the story.
And here are some major plotholes:
>nikki and the mute manage to take out the henchman at the car without even one of them radioing back to Varga's group, not the group hearing gunfire
>nikkie and the mute manage to acquire weapons/firearms somehow, with their means of funds never explained, nor the mute's motivation for helping her
>emmit's wife leaves him without even verifying the video
>emmit's kids claim to have seen the video as well, so neither his kids nor his wife can tell him apart from his overweight brother in a cheap wig whose color doesn't even match that of Emmit's hair
Certain aspects of the writing felt incredibly contrived.
>>
>>84299476
there are a lot of things to gripe about with this finale and season. you listed zero of them
>>
>>84299574
Swagno learning sign language overnight is pretty impressive.
>>
>>84299574
>you listed zero of them
You addressed none of my points. Not an argument. And I could go on, etc.
>>
>>84299630
she had 3 months to be fair
>>
>>84299633
none of them are plotholes, why the need to counter argue?
The last two are stupid, but we don't know enough of the wife and kids to say its a plothole. Again, those characters are stupid (Huh, like most characters in the universe)
the first is because when your getting shot at, you will usually try to fight first.
The second is kinda legit. Though Wrench was a fucking hitman, so he has connections (Presumably)
>>
File: pepe varga.jpg (30KB, 353x331px) Image search: [Google]
pepe varga.jpg
30KB, 353x331px
>>84299633
swango and wrench were not supposed to be heroes, i dont know where people are getting this idea. they were supposed to deliver a message to the wicked. varga and his men are wicked, they extort and kill people. any one of varga's men can be reasonably assumed to be on the same level of brutality as meemo or yuri. killing them was not wrong at all

there were only two or three hitmen in the car, it would not be easy for nikki to kill all three of them without any of them being able to react due to the element of surprise. they were shown to be in an elevator while this was happening, ie a metal box encased in a metal elevator shaft inside a metal building with concrete walls. it is completely plausible they didnt hear gunfire while inside the elevator

yeah, i really wonder how an excon that has been shown throughout the entire season to be extremely crafty and resourceful and a hitman on par with lorne malvo could have acquired a handful of weapons in three months time of preparation

emmit's wife was in emotional shock, she saw what she thought she saw, and after seeing something like that you aren't going to go back frame by frame and verify it. the real plot hole you should have mentioned if you werent such a dummy was that emmit didnt just go to her house and say "look carefully, it's ray, not me." but he was under tremendous stress, so I'm okay with letting that one go

in the episode where they shoot the video, nikki literally explains that they are going to shoot in sketchy lighting and a messy angle so that they can't get a clear enough picture to really tell them apart. the overweightness is easily hidden by a combination of clothes, bad lighting, and specific angles, as is his hair. their faces look very similar, especially under the above conditions. like i said, and like they say in the show, it was convincing enough to do it's job, but not to hold up under careful scrutiny, which they counted on the wife not doing

next, dummy?
>>
>>84292198
>picture of Stalin
>references proletarian revolution(peasants with pitchforks)
>ruins the life of a wealthy business owner
>employs a Russian and Chinese man
Varga was a commie through and through
>>
>>84294074
I disagree because season 3 didn't need saving. It was literally perfect.
>>
>>84282916
It needed to have a real nude scene, not that cocktease of a scene.
>>
>>84302010
Gloria getting railed at both ends by her ex and his boyfriend
>>
>>84284619
i can rewatch season 2 100s of times
>>
How come Emmit's car magically started working again?
>>
>>84303691
god. but unironically
>>
>>84287310
>tfw no cossack bf to fuck you and then strangle you afterwards and leave you by the Spree
>>
>>84303825
didn't Rust shoot God or was that not canon or what
>>
>>84303878
seek help

are you me?
>>
>>84282916
https://youtu.be/wwL5Q02uwDE
season 1-3
>>
File: 1494863830297.png (253KB, 449x496px) Image search: [Google]
1494863830297.png
253KB, 449x496px
It's like every season, the finale gets worse and worse.

S1:
>Lester falling through the ice and dying because BAD GUY!
S2:
>Aliens! And let's build up Hanzee chasing the Blumquists. Nevermind, he just shot Ed, disappeared and got white people surgery! Brilliant!

And now this shit. People will just fap over the ending because it's a shaggy dog story, but that shit is getting old.

Gloria's entire plotline was pointless. There was an entire episode dedicated to her stepfather's death (a death we, the audience, already knew about), and while the episode itself wasn't bad, it served no purpose to the overall plot. Gloria did nothing. Her entire arc was "Electronics didn't work for her, but now they do." She basically was just a worse version of the Tommy Lee Jones in No Country For Old Men.

Emmit dying made no sense, thematically or in terms of the plot. That last scene with his family and Sy was beautiful, up until Mr. Wrench shows up and ruins it. Emmit's death was lazy, eye-rolling writing. Why would Wrench show up FIVE FUCKING YEARS LATER and shoot Emmit IN HIS FUCKING HOUSE with several potential witnesses? Why should he give a shit about fulfilling Nikki's quest? People are saying that Wrench was in love with her--something not conveyed properly by the show--so that's why he killed Emmit, but I don't buy that shit. It wasn't even revenge, since Emmit didn't kill Nikki.

Nikki's death, at first glance, could be waved away. From a more supernatural angle, she was going after the wrong guy and fate punished her for it. From a nihilistic angle, she just got unlucky. I'm fine with the latter, but with the former, if her targeting of Emmit was so bad that a cop was sent out to stop her, why the fuck was Emmit killed anyway five years after the fact by Mr. Wrench? The same goal was reached regardless.

The first season was the best, because, while its finale had a thing or two I didn't like, the show didn't completely shit the bed. The next 2 seasons did.
>>
>>84296787
>the Kansas City mob.
Hanzee's syndicate wiped out the Kansas City mob at some point after Season 2.
>>
>>84304173
She was always fated to be useless. She is an allegory for the robot. And just like the robot, she still got credit for trying at the end.
>>
>>84286382
Sy was a main character and then (episode 8) they dropped him completely. Funny enough, it was episode 8 when show jumped a shark with bowling alley bullshit. Yuri, the second most interesting antagonist of this season, is abandoned as well. And remained characters got very unsatisfied endings. Emmit could have been have a good ending, but Hawley decided to kill him out of nowhere in the last minute.
>>
Why the fuck did Wrench wait 5 years to kill Emmit?
>>
>>84304173
Not a fan of the previous two endings but I enjoyed this one
>>
>>84304611
why was he in season 3 at all?

he just happened to be there on the prison bus

do they really mix female inmates with male inmates during transport?
>>
>>84304611
He spent the last of the money and was all like "Oh yeah fuck, the brother."
>>
>>84290382

I would not have even called Emmit morally corrupted, since he was repentant for his actions. That's what makes his entire plotline so pointless:
>"tricks" his brother into settling for the car instead of the stamps
>pays his ungrateful, loser brother off several times through the years
>his brother tries to ruin his life because he isn't getting more money.
>even then, after Ray drives Emmit's family away, Emmit forgives him and gives him exactly what he wanted.
>that's still not good enough for Ray, and he dies in a freak accident.
>sure Emmit sure have called the cops at that point, but he was scared. He does confess to the cops his crimes.

How am I, an audience member, supposed to take the finale? Am I supposed to see Emmit's death as karma? Am I supposed to see it as tragic? His brother was ruining his life personally and gangsters were ruining his life professionally. He actually managed to come out of that shit situation a better man, BUT WAIT, EVERYBODY WHO ISN'T A COP OR RELATED TO A COP IN FARGO HAS TO DIE OR HAVE A SHITTY LIFE! So Mr. Wrench shows up to shoot Emmit in the head, because the writers are fucking lazy!
>>
File: yikes.png (351KB, 543x539px) Image search: [Google]
yikes.png
351KB, 543x539px
>>84304173
season 1 and 2's endings were great you huge pleb. and youre right about the thing youre angry about but youre angry for the wrong reason.

gloria was perfect up until the finale, where she would have been great if she had actually made a big difference and had that conclusion to her character arc. but she didn't, and her character was a big nothing as a result.

emmit dying made sense from a plot perspective. wrench would have needed time to find out nikki was dead, find out who the brother was, find out he was alive, and find out where he lived. five years is a stretch, but whatever. i agree emmit's death was incredibly boring because a) he didnt have a character arc at all, and it felt like this was the big "WOW" conclusion we were supposed to love, but it came across as unecessary, and b) nikki's death causing wrench to go after emmit felt weightless because in the end, emmit was not even as bad as lester. plus his lack of character arc took all the weight out of his death. if he had, over the course of the season, fallen completely into evil and then redeemed himself, it would have been a lot better

nikki's death was very good in a vacuum, but the big issue is that it just threw away all the god tier ray wise set up that would have made for an amazing conclusion with her delivering her message to varga, and THEN succeeding/failing and dying. but as it is, she just ruined her own character arc of going from seedy excon to righteous deliverer of the message all in service of a nihilistic, "lol sometimes shit just happens thats hows shit is" ending that was totally unnecessary

the second season was the best
>>
>>84290736
>didn't watch the show
leave
>>
File: hanzee.jpg (43KB, 715x403px) Image search: [Google]
hanzee.jpg
43KB, 715x403px
>>84289475
reminder that hanzee = tripoli is LITERALLY the only flaw in the entirety of season 2.
>>
>>84305853
You dudes forgot how Emmit was sort of excited when he learned from Varga how much money he can make and he actually tried convincing Sy about the plan.

Emmit was corrupted by wealth acquired through illegal means (even though he couldn't actually profit from it) and was then killed by the hand of God, the Justice representation in the show.

Five years because after a massive shootout where was most definitely been filmed by the elevator camera he needed to lay low, it's also possible that Emmit went into protective custody and was harder to find, not sure if the house he was killed in was already familiar to them.

S2 > S3 > S1
>>
>>84304649
yes, though they attempt to separate them a bit better than that
>>
>>84306075
sort of excited by some money is not enough to make him a morally evil character. other than that he was not nearly bad enough to be described as "wicked." Wicked = varga, the show made it very clear. Especially in Nikki's death scene, it is made clear that Varga is wicked, not Emmit. That's what makes his death from wrench so pointless. It's supposed to recapture the feeling from the end of the departed where mark wahlberg kills matt damon after you thought matt damon had gotten away from everything and youre super happy he got shit on in the end. This is especially obviously what hawley wanted to go for when you see that the last thing emmit sees is his "just desserts."

Except in that movie matt damon was the fucking worst, and in this show all Emmit did was get taken advantage of ajnd shit on constantly by everyone and panic
>>
>>84306075

Don't even try to defend the shitty writing. There is no logical reason that Wrench would go after Emmit after five fucking years. None. And he certainly wouldn't do it in in Emmit's house.
>>
File: 1450511828153.jpg (292KB, 1529x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1450511828153.jpg
292KB, 1529x1200px
>>84286382
>>84286791
He was responsible for driving a wedge between the two brothers

el oh el
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.