[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this better than the Godfather?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Is this better than the Godfather?
>>
The unnecessary rape scene ruins the entire film.
>>
>Is this better than the Godfather 3 ?

There, it's up for debate now.
>>
It's literally the greatest film ever made.
>>
>>84282026

Army Dog
>>
>>84281968
At least better than Godfather II & III
>>
Want to check this out. What are some other classic organized crime movies? I just saw Eastern Promises last night, really liked it.
>>
>>84282161
Arguably this, it is at least in my personal top 5
>>
>>84283225
Be prepared for the unnecessary rape scene, which actually exists in the film. Fuck that Army Dog memer. It ACTUALLY EXISTS IN THE FILM.
>>
>>84283286
Which the bank one? Honestly I was bored as fuck by that point of the film, I don't understand where the substance is.
>>
>>84283286

>Unnecessary

How? Did you not even watch the movie?

Are you not used to a movie being about people who are LITERALLY horrible people? The point of the rape scene is its gratuity you fucking pleb.
>>
>>84283317
Bank one wasn't rape. She was in on the robbery and wanted it
>>
>>84283349
Oh right, in that case I don't know the one. Is it even worth watching all the way through?
>>
>>84283442

Yes. Few films deal with the themes of nostalgia, the passing of time, and family the way this film does. Specifically, the way that every friendship or relationship we have is subject to the tides of time, and without doubt, they will all fall apart. There's something so haunting about the early scenes in NY, where they're all innocent kids trying to scam for a few bucks. That spliced with Noodles present day, looking through the window of the empty deli, it creates a weird feeling that I've never seen in a movie like this before.

It's a masterpiece. You should watch it.
>>
>>84283442
It has a lot of good scenes and you can make the intermisson as long as you like desu. The highlight is the score though
>>
Fucking rape culture scum.
>>
File: Leone (7).jpg (38KB, 511x384px) Image search: [Google]
Leone (7).jpg
38KB, 511x384px
As much as I love Goodfellas/Godfather & Scorsese/Coppola, Leone was just so many different kind of leagues above them as a visionary filmmaker. Goodfellas is a typical American film, it's really well done, really entertaining, perfect pacing if you're passive viewer but rather soulless. It's like a good rock and roll song. It's great when you listen to it but it leaves you with nothing more. Godfather is a well-made shakespearian story about power and family, but kinda hollow. Now something OUATIA is just a completely different beast tonally, it may be about gangsters but it's not a gangster film. It's a film about passing of time, memories, etc, it's really Proustian. It has a very European soul and plays like a sad opera, and if you connect with it on an emotional level, it stays with you forever. The music especially is haunting. Leone and Morricone were made for each other.

All the films from the trilogy have a rape scene.

>Frank and Jill
>Juan and the train bourgeoise
>Noodles and Deborah

The ambiguity in those rape scenes is what makes them so brilliant and troubling though. Juan, the protagonist and hero of the film, is introduced by raping a woman, and that somehow still makes him seem sympathetic. Absolutely unthinkable nowadays. Jill's is the most ambiguous. There's an incredible character strength to her, she's not just a victim. She hates him for killing her husband, but on a primal level that makes her want him. Deborah's rape is actually a love scene, which is why it's so tragic and beautiful and disturbing. Again, no one would get away with making a scene like this today.
>>
File: Leone (2).jpg (41KB, 452x302px) Image search: [Google]
Leone (2).jpg
41KB, 452x302px
>Leone: At the Cannes Festival, an idiot accused me of complacency towards misogyny and antifeminine sadism because of this sequence. She had understood nothing. I told her I was not antifeminist but if all feminists were like her, I was going to apply myself in quickly making a film against feminists! I was really furious because her accusation was too absurd. This rape scene is a cry of love! Noodles has spent fifteen years in prison. He never stopped thinking about this woman who was on the outside. He was always madly in love with her. To the point of leaving with her when he regained his freedom. To the point of telling her everything he is... All that he has done! He is a professional gangster but his love is so great that he cannot hide anything from this woman. He took her to a great place that he rented for a fortune... Just so that she could choose a table that she liked. And so they could be alone and happy... He loved her so much he behaved like a prince with her. He transformed the evening into a fairy tale. He confessed all his love for her. He said she was the light which got him through fifteen years of imprisonment.
>>
>>84283546
>>84283545
Ahh you guys have convinced me, the score was definitely what I was focusing on when I first tried to watch it. I was younger then though so perhaps I'll enjoy it more now?
>>
>>84281968
I couldn't even marathon the first 30 minutes of this before I fell asleep
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.