[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the Best and Worst Film-Related YouTube Channels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 18

File: fart.png (878KB, 1280x500px) Image search: [Google]
fart.png
878KB, 1280x500px
Hi, so I've just started getting interested in film recently and am looking for film channel suggestions to watch, as well as the shitty ones to avoid. I'm looking for both entertaining and informative channels. Here's a list of the channels that I've found so far, ranked roughly from best to worst:
-Ralphthemoviemaker
-Cinefix
-RLM
-Now You See It
-Wisecrack
-Lessons from the Screenplay
-CinemaSins
-Channel Crisswell
-Every Fram a Painting
-Nerdwriter1
-YMS
-Screen Junkies
-Nostalgia Critic
-JeremyJahns
-TheFlickPick
-Chris Stuckmann
>>
Is ralph dare i say /ourguy/?
>>
Watchmojo or Stuckmann is the worst
>>
>>84280132
Compared to every other channel, yes
>>
File: 1469405309830.png (288KB, 296x382px) Image search: [Google]
1469405309830.png
288KB, 296x382px
>Yms lower then cinema sins
this has to be bait.
>>
File: 1488785197052.png (154KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
1488785197052.png
154KB, 500x444px
>>84280117

>Ralph being the best

>RLM being third

>Jeremy that low and after Nostalgia Critic.
Shit taste.
>>
File: charles stiles.jpg (29KB, 471x471px) Image search: [Google]
charles stiles.jpg
29KB, 471x471px
Charles Stiles Mystery Diners?
>>
>>84280248

Sum shush concerns?
>>
>>84280117
Stuckmann is good actually. Unpretentious, knows what he likes, doesn't only review mainstream block busters, and keeps his reviews short. I assume you only listed him there at the bottom because you have some kind of personal vendetta against him.

But no point even replying to this thread I guess. It's obvious you're a 14 year old faggot. You obvously think Every Frame a Painting and Nerdwriter make good """video essays""". I mean why else would you have even listed them in your post?

I'd point you to some great film-related video channels, but somehow I believe it would all be lost on a retarded kid like you.
>>
Folding Ideas is all right
>>
No Small Parts Productions
>>
>>84280283
>Stuckmann
>Unpretentious
I guess you haven't read his BvS script
>>
>>84280117
The best is RLM but even they are boring and formulaic at film criticism. Their skits have also lost a lot of their spontaneity, that type of humour where they make Tim and Eric faces is done to death.

Which is fine, I can usually just skip the skits and watch the reviews but a lot of it is just the same talking points.

> Superhero movies! They're everywhere now!
> But I actually kind of liked this one
> Ah it's schlock complete schlock! But it's the type of schlock that seems self aware... yeah they definitely knew what they were doing and i was in on the joke
> Yes this horror movie was terrible, it should be about a fear of the unknown! The less you see the better
> Ghost movies are shit though, it's all a trend! Fuck Hollywood

Their cynicism was once endearing but it's clear their actual analysis is shallow. They can identify trends but they can't properly evaluate a film in its entirety without some sort of mention of tropes. Mike I know has the ability because of Pinkett, he just seems lazy now.
>>
>>84280283
Tell that to Zods snapped neck.
>>
>>84280117
>Hi, I'm getting interested in films, but instead of watching fucking movies, I'll waste my time listening to the uninformed opinion of fat, ugly American whose audience is made up of teenagers, so I can pretend I actually know shit about a medium I genuinely don't give a fuck about but my peers do.
>>
>>84280117
Jeremy Jahns should be at the absolute fucking bottom as far as I'm concerned.
>>
If you watch youtubers regularly you are the cancer
>>
>>84280782

I'd say Stuckmann know more about film in general, but he's such a fucking cuck. Jeremy Jahns may be the epitome of normie but at least he's assured in his answers and doesn't pussy out like a little bitch with his opinions on capeshit.
>>
>>84280840
I don't trust any reviwer who I ironically thought suicide squad was "fantastic." Fuck that movie and fuck anyone who liked it (i.e. Jahns).
>>
I like RLM just fine but I feel that Jay is the only one who actually knows shit about movies. Mike is a better entertainer and has a better sense of humor but... I dunno, he reminds me a bit of my dad in that his taste is not outright bad but a bit pedestrian. Also, kinda stuck in the 80s.

I used to watch TGWTG quite a lot but he jumped the shark almost half a decade ago. NostalgiaCritic was actually pretty entertaining when he still reviewed stuff from the 80s and 90s and didn't rely on distracting sketches. I still occasionally watch his Out of Character reviews but again, his taste is pretty bland. He does provide an alright "Average bloke" point of view but not much more in terms of insight.

I think the best contributor on TGWTG was Kyle Kallgren. He rarely ever uploads now but he's still interesting once in a while. Same goes for Lindsay Ellis.

Stuckmann doesn't offer anything worthwhile neither as a critic nor as an entertainer. He seems like a decent guy but his actual content is dull and shallow.

Don't really watch any of the others regularily. At this point I honestly think there are more insightful and analytical video game criticson YouTube than there are movie critics. Which is a pretty sad state, really.
>>
File: 1485703182819.jpg (72KB, 535x439px) Image search: [Google]
1485703182819.jpg
72KB, 535x439px
>>84280117
If I see one more faggot either holding a toy lightsaber or drawing themselves with one the dog is gonna get it.
>>
>>84280283
I find Stuckman is my go to for picking films to see with the lads, he's better than Jahns who parrots whatever is popular but he is beneath the depth of reviewers like RLM and YMS
>>
>>84280828
This

How do you find any of these appealing?
>>
>>84280828
>>84281960
Fuck off grandpa youtubers are the new dominant form of entertainment movies and television are outdated garbage. You seriously need to kys if you don't spend at least five hours a day watching youtube.
>>
YMS is pretty good but takes shit too serious.
>>
I like listening/watching Double Toasted and Brad Jones' Midnight Screenings. Perfect background noise.
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (239KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
239KB, 1024x576px
Nice thread Ralph.
Ralphthemoviemaker should be at the bottom of every list.
Literally no substance
>>
>>84280117
From the few Ralph videos I've seen he's probably one of the worst, he's pretty much rmovies brought to life, even said he wrote a paper on rlm. Flickpick is a dude bit he seems more genuine than most of the "nerd youtubers" and aware of what he's doing, though I haven't watched him in a while
>>
Cuckmann>>>>Jahns>>RLM

Chris comes off as pretentious and annoying but I do enjoy his hilariocity reviews, and he at least knows a little bit about film in general

Jahns is as normie as you can get, honestly stopped watching his videos when he gave SKWAD his second highest rating

RLM just isn't trying whatsoever. Their last video was literally two minutes of a """review""" with the other 20 being black screen
>>
I enjoy IHE's Search for the Worst series, but I think I just like hearing people shit on bad movies
>>
I don't watch any of this shit. None of it. The era of YouTube taking heads is over.
>>
>>84280117
RLM > old YMS > cenifix > ralph > stuckmann > new YMS> nostalgia critic > Jeremy > the rest
>>
>>84280117
Cinefix is literally WatchMojo tier, CinemaSins isn't much better.

CinemaSins has been going downhill ever since their videos started passing 10 miniutes long. They only ever complain about the same 3 things for 15 minutes.

Revised list

>Ralph
>RLM
>Every Frame a Painting
>Wisecrack
>NerdWriter
>YMS
>NYSI
>LftS
>NC
>Screen Junkies/Cinema Sins
>JermyJahns
>TheFlickPick
>Chris Cuckmann
>>
>>84283525
Every frame a painting is terrible. It's been 9 months since their last video, which was just "le marvel is bad now that it's popular", and over a year since the video before that. Yet they are still somehow hailed as one of the greatest film channels on youtube. Litterally the Egoraptor of movies
>>
>>84283729
Quality over Quantity.
>>
File: tonycuck.png (39KB, 728x260px) Image search: [Google]
tonycuck.png
39KB, 728x260px
>>84280117
>>84283525
>Every Frame a Painting
>>
File: 123456789.gif (14KB, 353x132px) Image search: [Google]
123456789.gif
14KB, 353x132px
>>84283971
>>
>>84280348
does he even talk about movies anymore? for the last few months he has just been railing about youtube inner politics
>>
>>84280117
Every frame a pointing is unironically good even if the guy himself doesn't seem to have any credentials whatsoever.
The people trying to imitate him like Now you see it or Lessons from screenplay are absolutely garbage tier though.
>>
>>84280117
RLM a kino
>>
/ourgirl/ Grace is the best.
>>
>>84280117
Double Toasted > All dem white bois
>>
>>84284495
grace is a bitch
>>
Rob Ager is probably the best

all the people in the OP are
>>
>>84284581
Their Transformers 5 review was supreme.
>>
>>84280117
mustseefilms doesnt update like he used to, but his analysis videos are solid and ive enjoyed his podcasts as well in my car
>>
I'm going to shill Rossatron now. If you enjoy action films check him out - only a few subscribers (10k ish) but not cancerous as a result
>>
>>84280117
>cinemasins that high
>>
Film Reviewers: Flicktube
Trailer Reactors: Kinotube
>>
It's a podcast but check out We Hate Movies. Also GoodBadFlicks does good exploring essays
>>
>>84280117
Check out renegade cut, they don't do reviews necessarily, but analysis and shit, but it's mostly pretty decent, defo top 3 for me
>>
>>84280117
>Ranking CinemaSins that highly

I thought you're better than that, anon.
>>
>>84283254
He's just as bad as Jahns and Stuckmann, if you watch his best of 2016 video, he constantly says things like "good writing" or "good cinematograpy". Which is ironic because he makes fun of Jeremy for doing the same thing.
>>
>>84280117
yms should be above cinemasins, cinemasins has fallen off pretty hard (although i guess yms hasn't put out much movie-related content lately)
>>
>>84280117
This is the best Youtube reviewer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aazkVxCGXgA
>>
Okay so from best to worst:

darthmauldog1125
Ralphthemoviemaker
Cinefix
RLM
Now You See It
Wisecrack
Lessons from the Screenplay
Channel Crisswell
Every Fram a Painting
Nerdwriter1
Cinemassacre
CinemaSins
YMS
Screen Junkies
Nostalgia Critic
JeremyJahns
TheFlickPick
Chris Stuckmann
>>
>>84285335
Are you talking about Ralph or flick, both I think are just as bad as the majority of YouTube channels
>>
>>84283971
But I never watched his shit in the first place
>>
File: deepfocuslens.jpg (173KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
deepfocuslens.jpg
173KB, 900x1200px
Is she the most patrician choice?
>>
File: E;R.jpg (14KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
E;R.jpg
14KB, 352x352px
>>84280117
Only one that is too hot for youtube
>>
>>84285890
Ralph
>>
>>84280218
>thinking the satirical channel is worst than the dog fucker, furry loving loser

Also Ralph is a shit talker who is garbage at filmmaking. He talks a lot of shit and can't deliver.
>>
>>84286120
>punished E;R

probably the only reviewer next to RLM that actually made me laugh
>>
All movie reviewers suck because they all voice their opinion and all their opinions are more or less than same.

For some reason everybody loved Force Awakens even though it was a cynical cash grab and race mixing propaganda and this was when I stopped caring about review shows
>>
>>84286186
>All movie reviewers suck because they all voice their opinion and all their opinions are more or less than same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
>>
>>84286120
>>84286237
E;R is great.
>>
>>84280132
>jerks himself off to his 10-minute movie, and thinks he's better than anyone in Hollywood because he got an award over it
>start every review with "well because I'm better than [director of movie he's reviewing], let me [...]
No thanks
>>
>>84286174
I can't believe his fans actually defend his shitty short films. It just shows they're uncapable of forming their own opinions.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
9KB, 480x360px
Filmo99> everyone else. That no one has mentioned him just confirms what this place is..
>>
>>84283971
Why does he support femfreq though? That's what I want to know.
>>
>>84286377
>gay mulato
>>
>>84286376
it's 99filmo pleb
>>
File: WO87hRqL.png (144KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
WO87hRqL.png
144KB, 250x250px
Who /good bad flicks/ here?
>>
>2017
>Watching this youtube crap

No thanks.
>>
>>84280117
>I'm looking for both entertaining and informative channels.

Most informative is by far GoodBadFlicks. He's genuinely passionate about movies.
Unlike the cynical critics like YMS who made a career out of pointing out mistakes in terrible movies or talentless critics like Stuckmann who can't articulate how a movie is good or bad to save his life.
>>
>>84286824
>mfw jumped on the GBF train at 10,000 suscribers
I love a guy that's as passionate as his. I don't even care for the movies most of the time, but he's infectious in his glee for them.

Also he replied to my comment once :3.
>>
Why the fuck do you care LMAO ROFL! Just watch it yourself
>>
>>84285009
his comment section is pretty funny because hes such a dick to his fans just for asking questions
>>
>>84286868
>watching Stuckmann
>he wants to say a movie is bad because that's what everybody's been saying on RT
>can't articulate what about it he supposedly minded
>"uh... at parts, it was tonally imbalanced"

Is "tonally imbalanced" the new 'get out of jail' card for trying to explain hating a movie?
>>
File: ....jpg (85KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
85KB, 454x453px
>this thread
>>
>>84280283
>>84281941
t. Chris
Remember what he said about The Amazing Spiderman 2
>>
>>84280117
I can't watch Screen Junkies anymore aside from Dan Murrell and Joe Starr they are a bunch of crooks.

Especially Andy Signore. That fat piece of shit pretends to understand film but gets upset when anyone disagrees with him. He got lucky by stealing his best friends idea with Honest Trailers monetized them and almost wholly cut his old best friend out.

And now he is becoming the Weinstein of youtubers. He's banging Jenny Nicholson, banged Roxy Striar. He's a cuck.
>>
do any of these channels discuss kino or are they *all* about capeshit and blockbusters?
>>
>>84287225
>He got lucky by stealing his best friends idea with Honest Trailers monetized them and almost wholly cut his old best friend out.

Who was that?

>banged Roxy Striar

H-how? W-when?
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 450x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 450x444px
>>84280117
>YMS that low
>Ralphthemoviemaker, RLM and Wisecrack that high
>>
>>84287329
YMS is a furry faggot, which completely discredits everything he says. Nobody can take him seriously.
>>
>>84283179
>Double Toasted

ayee my favorite, the actual review is secondary to the laughs
>>
>>84286237
>skip randomly to watch different segments
>hear something about the prequels being bad
Couldn't close the video sooner
>>
>>84284488
why is Lesson from a Screenplay garbage?
>>
- RLM
- Every Fram a Painting
- Channel Crisswell
- Now You See It
- Lessons from the Screenplay
- YMS
- Nerdwriter1
- Wisecrack
- Cinefix
- Ralph
- Screen Junkies
- Chris Stickman
- Nostalgia Critic
- JeremyJahns
- The FlickPick
>>
>>84287473
I like him too, but between us, he doesn't bring a lot to the table.

>here's X scene
>now let me make you see the obvious

Of course, I don't shy away from his videos, but I get the feeling they'd be very entry-level to anyone who knew anything about the art/business.
>>
>>84280117
anyone who puts anything below CinemaSins is automatically invalid. literally one of the worst channels ever.
>>
>>84280117
RLM used to be great until TFA incident where they outed themselves as plebs
>>
>>84286994
Stuckmann grew up with tonally balanced films, give him a break.
>>
>>84286824
Him and Oliver Harper are the K I N O YouTubers.
>>
File: 1488389510238.gif (3MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1488389510238.gif
3MB, 280x280px
Ralph comes of more of a know it all than all of them because he made a few shitty movies. Some of his content can be decent.

I would watch Lessons from the screenplay from time to time. But I would always have a habit of googling the authors he talks about. Every Frame is a painting is good too.

RLM is kino.
JermeyJohns is alright

I stopped watching YMS because he thinks dogfucking is okay.

I fucking hate those youtubers who make an easter egg video right after the trailers. You know, those ones with an arrow pointing at nothing.
>>
>>84287463
he actually defends the prequels..
>>
>>84287774
Fucking this. Never seen Harper mentioned here before
>>
>>84280117

Imagine if Armond White had a channel...
>>
I actually enjoy Flickpick quite a bit. His reviews are shit but I find his vlogs and QnA's entertaining.
>>
>>84288890
>Our guys forever and ever tier
RLM

>Comfy tier
Nerdwriter
Every Frame a Painting

>Autistic Manchild who occasionally gets it right tier
Dogfucker

>Autistic Manchild who occasionally gets it right but still has his head firmly shoved up his anus tier
Ralph

>Really wishhes he wasnt doing this and probably wanted to do more dumb skits nobody likes tier
TGWTG

>Assembly line garbage tier
Screen Junkies, Cinemasins

>Jump Cut Cancer
Jahns, Stuckmann
>>
>>84287541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfaGm6XlpGQ
>>
G R A C E - beyond the trailer
>>
>>84292063
Stuckmann's shitty movies really ruined my image of him. Its just cringey.

>>84286824
Real kino here
>>
>>84280283
Chris Stuckmann is shit tier
>>
>>84283525
Cinefix has pretty patrician lists though. You'd learn a whole lot more from them than watching trash like CinemaSins
>>
>>84280117
>Nostalgia Critic
Suffers from seasonal rot because of those poorly done clipless parody reviews and other reasons.
>>
>>84286120
>it's another movie channel that talks exclusively about blockbusters and capeshit
pass
>>
>>84280348
he's fine when talking about movies but he keeps insisting on whining about social justice
>>
Really surprised no one is shitting on Nerdwriter1 or Lessons from the Screenplay. By proxy it makes me think theyre the best.
>>
>>84283254
Ralph reminds me of when I started really getting into movies when I was 12.
>>
>no one ever mentions Welcome to the Basement
You all remain disappointments
>>
>>84286120
>le edgy /pol/ user who only parrots contrarian opinions

no thanks, i'd rather watch someone who develops an opinion outside of what they read on 4chan
>>
>>84280117
Not that informative but a very enjoyable perspective: MoviesWithMikey (Chainsaw Suit Original).

Also forgot to mention that deaf guy.
>>
>>84294805
Nerdwriter1 basically takes the first paragraph of the wikipedia article of whatever he's talking about and stretches it into a ten minute stylized video. He's a pseud
>>
File: grace.gif (4MB, 493x310px) Image search: [Google]
grace.gif
4MB, 493x310px
embrace the grace
>>
>>84280117
Goodbadflicks should be on that list.
>>
File: backtoformula.jpg (10KB, 175x197px) Image search: [Google]
backtoformula.jpg
10KB, 175x197px
>>84280117
>YMS that low

Fucking nigger
>>
I think Cinefix might be the best they have a pretty good taste in movies
GBF would be my second choice
His exploring series is great
>>
>>84287225
>He's banging Jenny Nicholson, banged Roxy Striar. He's a cuck.

How is he a cuck if he is fucking two girls you like? Wouldn't that make you the cuck?
>>
File: 5452564666.jpg (78KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
5452564666.jpg
78KB, 900x900px
Whats the stance on CinemaWins?
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.