[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they do anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: orders sir.png (424KB, 956x421px) Image search: [Google]
orders sir.png
424KB, 956x421px
Why didn't they do anything?
>>
>>84274145

That officer on the right....

>survive fighting undead pirates
>survive Davy Jones bullshit
>survive ship exploding
>against all odds find the fountain of youth and claim it for Britain
>get gunned down like a bitch

Was I the only one that was angry as fuck?
>>
>>84274145
Wasn't good business.
>>
>>84274247
he was a brave man, someone should take note of that
>>
>>84274461
Based Spaniard
>>
>>84274247
I didn't realise that was him
>>
Their ship was fucking massive. had 3 flights of canons below deck and a fourth on deck. If they fired broadsides they probably would have AT LEAST taken both the dutchman and the pearl with them. Their firepower was absolutely superior, and so was their fleet. Why didn't they just return fire?
>>
>>84274145
They didn't have orders
>>
>>84274987
"It-it's just business"
>>
File: johnny depp.gif (490KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
johnny depp.gif
490KB, 500x309px
>hear that the Spanish are in this
>finally something not British, maybe they'll even include the French, Dutch, or even Danish
>Spanish are barely in the movie
One of the few movies that could use some actual diversity.
>>
>>84275013
"Y-You too..."
>>
>>84274247

Wait he was the guy in the 4th film who get's wrecked by the Spanish?
>>
>>84274145
>it's just a good business

Was this an allegory to the British Empire and colonialism in general?
All that shit done, just for shekels.
>>
>>84274987
I was mad at this too. They should have at least fired so we could have some epic scene.

They were going to lose against the fish people anyways.
>>
>>84274247
>>84275085
i was always bemused that he kept coming back. out of all continuity it seemed random but was decent
>>
>>84274987
Archctually ships this size didnt have enough personnel and guns to fire both sides
>>
>>84275747
The British East India company was basically state sanctioned pirates/mercenaries. They were used to conclude business when diplomacy was unwanted or 'not good for business'. The 'Pirates' portrayal exaggerated their evilness, but they were a ruthless para-millitary force used to plunder and kill on the far side of the world.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.