[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Force really that important?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Okay so lets list what the force can do why it actually isn't that great

For the Jedi:
>Can't use to attack because muh Jedi way
>Can make you jump a bit higher than the average being
>Useless because there's jet packs and shit, also people can still shoot you from a distance
>Can make you sense an upcoming attack
>Useless because it doesn't work when you're even a little bit distracted
They demonstrate this in Episode II when Anakin and Obi Wan track down and almost kill the bounty hunter. Jango actually kills her, but he could've easily killed them instead and they were surprised when it happened
>lets you control the weak minded
>Useless because they only show this three times in the whole series
This gives us the impression that most people in the galaxy are strong minded, so pretty much anyone important you would need to control this would not work on
>Let's you feel "disturbances" that are extremely vague such as fear and anger
>Useless for obvious reasons
>Lets you pick shit up
>Useless because anything bigger than a small rock takes a considerable amount of effort despite there being "no try, only do"
Also this makes you very vulnerable to attack, demostrated when Yoda was saving Anakin and Obi Wan in Episode II, Count Dooku could've easily killed Yoda in that moment, instead he ran off like a fucking asshole

This brings us to the Sith
>stop blaster bolts
>Useless because they could just keeping shooting at you
>Can mind read
>Useless because this would basically be like beating a lie detector test, which anyone can do
>Can attack, i.e. lightning and choking
>lighting is useless because just wear a rubber suit, also can be deflected and you'll end up like pic related

Choking is pretty much the most useful thing you can do with the force, so it's about as useful as a chicken bone.
>>
how about using it to destroy an entire space station?
>>
>>84265129
t. midochlorianlet
>>
you sound fun at parties
>>
>>84265155
Fucker had a targeting computer he could've used to do that
>>
No its space magic and anyone into these movies over the age of 20 needs to be gassed
>>
>>84265129
This post much have been a lot of effort for absolutely no reward.

Unless your goal was to be laughed at and ignored
>>
>>84265129
>>Can't use to attack because muh Jedi way
literally an entire galaxy spanning war where the jedi used the force to attack
>>
austist star wars defender here

>Can't use to attack because muh Jedi way
yeah they can they do this in like every episode of the clone wars

>Can make you jump a bit higher than the average being
>Useless because there's jet packs and shit, also people can still shoot you from a distance
those are expensive and not widespread and its harder to aim pointing a rifle muzzle upward

>Can make you sense an upcoming attack
yeah i like to not know if im getting attacked
>Useless because it doesn't work when you're even a little bit distracted
so surprise attacks are surprising just like if you werent using the force?

>lets you control the weak minded
>Useless because they only show this three times in the whole series
it was pretty useless when obi wan used to it convince stormtroopers to ignore the droids that contained the plans to destroy the death star. also its called a 'jedi mind trick' and not 'jedi mind influence and take complete control of cognition ability' it just there to serve as a little nudge along other factors

>Let's you feel "disturbances" that are extremely vague such as fear and anger
not quite but over simplifying. its hard to say because they aren't really explained but its more like the 'weather' of the force. for example the council knew there was something blinding them but didnt realize it was palpatine deliberate suppressing his dark side signature

(1/2)
>>
>>84265129
You left out super speed which is actually so good that they stopped using it in the movies because it made shit too easy. Also correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that whole deflecting blaster shots thing that jedi do actually connected to the force?
>>
Why did Yoda agree to Anakin's training if he foresaw grave danger in it? He could have just threatened Obi-Wan with expulsion had he done it in secrecy
>>
I could have cared about this a decade ago. Alas, I cannot... Have a good thread guys...
>>
>Lets you pick shit up
keeps your hands from getting dirty, stop stuff from falling on you/others, can lift bulky/awkward objects

>stop blaster bolts
>Useless because they could just keeping shooting at you
its good for stopping a lone shooters single bolt when he spergs out and shoots at large group of armed individuals. also in theory you stop a large bolt and prevent it from destroying a large piece of equipment that may be a deciding factor in a battle

>Can mind read
>Useless because this would basically be like beating a lie detector test, which anyone can do
not really. it literally reads your mind. kylo found out very specific useful info from poe. may-rey sues can resist and even reverse it according to there strength in the force but that doesn't negate it's usefulness

>Can attack, i.e. lightning and choking
>lighting is useless because just wear a rubber suit, also can be deflected and you'll end up like pic related
rubber suits are expensive and not practical to wear everywhere. the force choke is really just force pressure from two opposing sides. theoretically you could break bones, crush the heart or brain. its just the precedent is set by vader preferring choking because the first person we see him choking is a high ranking imperial general so he can't just snap his neck and kill him so he needs a less severe way to show the force is real and can be used effectively

youre also forgetting force pushes/pulls, breath holding, resisting pain, being good at fixing shit, impressing queens/senators with flying fruit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.