[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adam Curtis - HyperNormalisation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 624.jpg (38KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
624.jpg
38KB, 624x351px
What does /tv/ think about this documentary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz6u7xRznjY
>>
adam curtis is a moron
>>
File: guy-debord.jpg (244KB, 541x600px) Image search: [Google]
guy-debord.jpg
244KB, 541x600px
>>84250083

DUDE LETS REPACKAGE OLD IDEAS AND CLAIM THEM AS NEW
>>
the only remotely accurate thing he touched upon was why the soviet union collapsed. His reasoning was still absurdly reductive and simplified to the point of near meaninglessness due to the number of factors he was determined to ignore or downplay.
>>
>>84250145
meaning?
>>
i like watching his documentaries but you really shouldn't take them seriously, the guy is honestly a complete loony
>>
>>84250116
lmao

4ch doesnt take him seriously bc he exposed drumpf lol
>>
>>84250498
What did he say?
>>
>>84250627
he exposed him as a failed businessman and a con-artist who became president piggybacking on the backs of rural and suburban retards

watch it
>>
>>84250758
I've only seen the All Watched Over... doc but it seems like he would focus on bigger geo-political and social causes rather than just "lol retards voted trump".
>>
>>84250835
its not the whole documentary you fucking retard
>>
>>84250893
I know but if he actually exposed Trump in the documentary he would likely fit his rise in the context of bigger trends and movements.
>>
>>84250950
he does

fucking watch it already geez
>>
>>84251036
No fuck you
>>
>>84250083
I listened to his interview on Chapo.
Very interesting man and a great docu, especilaly on the subject of wars in the Middle East.
>>
>>84251045
this is funny because Chapo fanboys really are that stupid
>>
>>84251044
why the fuck are you discussing it then
>>
I know its classic /tv/ to criticise something you haven't seen but shit, come on lads.

Hypernormalisation I see as bringing together the ideas in a lot of his other films.

Bitter Lake I liked a lot. The point of that one is not his argument - that the Middle East is just the Cold War by another name - but that everyone used to accept this as so obvious as to need no explanation but because it doesn't fit the narrative, its seemingly being memory holed and is treated as a whacko theory.
>>
>>84250145
Wait until next year Joe College, you'll find out it wasn't a new idea then either.
>>
>>84251162
I don't have any friends
>>
File: icon.jpg (141KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
icon.jpg
141KB, 308x308px
>>84250083
nobody tm did it first with nothing but some cheap editing software
>>
>>84250262
He means read "The Society of the Spectacle"
>>
>>84251290
>reading marxist trash
>>
>>84251118
kulak detected
>>
>>84250758
the problem with that has to do with how that's not even the worst story of a republican president from the last 40 years.

reagan was a failed actor who became president piggybacking on the backs of rural and suburban retards, who've voted for regans party in every election for the last thirty years.

Trying to act like trump is some new force in politics is idiotic.
>>
>>84251521
You literally just googled the book, saw "Marxist critical theory" and dismissed it because you're less than a psuedo-intellectual
>>
>>84251521
>french self hating marxist
>in any way equivalent to marxism in the us
>>
>Let me take some different events, state that they're causal as gospel (without any counter arguments), and intersperse them with some shitty pop music and bizarre, vaguely related clips
Curtis is the biggest fucking hack
>>
its rlly good
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.