[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BvS defenders btfo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: 1498236882793s.jpg (6KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1498236882793s.jpg
6KB, 250x241px
BvS is true garbage because Snyder simply isn't very smart.

His fundamental flaw is his obsession with moments. People say he's a great visual artist, well of course he is, that's where all the focus goes. People say his characters are flat and lack motivations, well of course they do because all character work is subservient to crafting moments meant to awe the audience. What we are left with is really pretty pieces of shit. If you don't see this you're just in denial or have bad taste, and you're kind of stupid like old Hack Snyder.

>Inb4 adurr movies are a visual medium. Adurrrrrr

Yes, no shit. But there's plenty of directors who have proven you can craft good moment and meaningful characters if you get your priorities straight.

The priority of a good filmmaker is as follows:

Movie first.
Scene second
Moments third

Hack Snyder's priorities are:

Moments first
Scene second
Movie third

He sucks. Accept it faggots.
>>
>A
>JAR
>OF
>PISS

I'm not surprised retards defend it, I'm surprised pretentious retards defend it.
>>
File: Griffith.jpg (76KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith.jpg
76KB, 639x479px
>>84245544
You seem frustrated. Are you frustrated?
>>
bruce motivation: sees 20 years fighting crime as insignificant, all he did, didnt change anything. Now heres a potential threat to the planet, hes gonna stop it, the only thing that will make his life worthwhile

supes motivation: failed in MoS where thousands died, now he is trying to save everyone he can. He helps because its his responsibility

lex motivation: pompous rich smart guy who got put several levels down in the food chain after supes appearance, now he wants to get rid of him because ego
>>
>>84245544
has green meme frog always had a butt for a head?

and is he african american?
>>
File: 1498239005853s.jpg (2KB, 125x97px) Image search: [Google]
1498239005853s.jpg
2KB, 125x97px
>>84245595
Yeah I agree. That's what blows my mind. They're brainlets in denial. Sad really.
>>
File: 1498148444589s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1498148444589s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>84245620
But besides Bruce these are poorly communicated to the audience because of his priority issues pointed out by OP.

Also, in MOS supes motivations are autism. First scene we see him saving people. Childhood flashbacks we see him saving people. The end we see him saving people. His motivation is literally I'm Superman so yeah. He learns nothing. Compare this to ramis spider-man or Batman begins where we watch our characters become who they are through learning from choices they make.

Snyder is a hack.
>>
>>84245544
>BvS defenders BTFO
>proceeds to post brainlet shit
lmao
>>
makes me go hmm
>>
File: 1498232351075.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498232351075.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>84245830

Good counterpoints. As OP said: BTFO
>>
File: IMG_8831.jpg (513KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8831.jpg
513KB, 1536x2048px
>>84245544
>I was always keen on the idea of narrative. My books always have a narrative. That is to say, cause and effect. That's what I like. But Stanley [Kubrick] was less interested in that and he said to me 'now forget about the narrative'. He said 'what you need to make a movie is six 'non-submersible units'. That was the phrase he used: 'non-submersible units'.
Plotfags BTFO
>>
>>84245968
Full quote:

>I was always keen on the idea of narrative. My books always have a narrative. That is to say, cause and effect. That’s what I like. But Stanley was less interested in that and he said to me ‘now forget about the narrative’. He said ‘what you need to make a movie is six ‘non-submersible units’’. That was the phrase he used: ‘non-submersible units’. And he said when we’ve got those we’re away. And I did actually produce one [a script] that he loved and was really enthusiastic about. It was the one time in our working relationship when he was enthusiastic and he said to me ‘Brian, I have the impression that you have two styles of writing – one is brilliant and the other’s not so good’. But when you think about this philosophy of the ‘non-submersible unit’ you can see it in action most effectively, I think, in The Shining. You have an episode and then it’s linked to another by a blackboard that would just say ‘Thursday, Four PM’. You know something bad is going to happen on Thursday at Four PM. It heightens the suspense and so in that respect it’s a very good device. But when you examine 2001, you can see the non-submersible units and they don’t actually quite link up. For instance, the last mysterious episode is almost complete in itself. And then there’s the episode on the ship with HAL. These are the units. And it’s because they don’t link up that we find 2001 so interesting. There’s something that our intellects can’t quite resolve and that’s an attraction in a movie.
>>
>>84245968
Yeah but Snyder is nowhere near as intelligent as Kubrick. Period.

Which is why his films are a mess with autistic character motivations.
>>
>>84245544
Snyderfags destroyed.
>>
File: 1498304237297.png (312KB, 608x546px) Image search: [Google]
1498304237297.png
312KB, 608x546px
Yeah, this is now a DCinèma thread

Brainlets fear what they don't understand
>>
>>84246423
Adurrrrrr
>>
>>84245544
The biggest problem about Batman V Superman is Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther.
>>
File: 1498057062426s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1498057062426s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>84246423
>>84246062
>>84245968
>>84245830

Killer Batman for an extended universe where Wonder woman and Superman are going to be his friends is such a terrible creative choice. For example, the scene where bats and Superman first meet. Bats just killed like 12 guys and all supes does is stop his car and say "no more". Total bullshit because supes would have taken him in. But Hack Snyder wanted a moment so we got autism. It's so bad. You know it's true too.
>>
File: 1497843033883.jpg (52KB, 250x392px) Image search: [Google]
1497843033883.jpg
52KB, 250x392px
>>84246423
>>84246062
>>84245968
>>84245830
>>
>>84245544
>People say his characters are flat and lack motivations

Clark's motivation is to use his abilities to their full potential while living up to the expectations of his father, conflict arises due to his father's fallibility and his own uncertainty as to the best application of his abilities. He's torn by the high stakes of his position; does he put himself at risk while saving people, when saving people may in turn put society as a whole at risk?

Bruce's objective is to ensure safety for Gotham from the violence that took his parents, but at this stage in his career he's having difficulty evaluating how much collateral violence on his own part that goal might be worth. Jaded by years of striving towards the unobtainable he sees in his perception of Clark as a threat an opportunity to meaningfully protect not just Gotham but the entire world, proving to himself that for all his faults he has been a force of good in the world. It's an interesting contrast that Clark's main failing is uncertainty whereas Bruce's main failing is a certainty that proves incorrect.

It's all in their OP, granted the movie doesn't set 5 minutes aside for the characters to explain in dialogue their own summary but if you watch the movie and you don't know why they're doing the things they're doing then you're probably retarded, sorry.
>>
>>84246911
How many fedoras do you own? I bet 6.
>>
>>84247170

I don't like wearing hats
>>
>>84246911
>Clark's motivation is to use his abilities to their full potential while living up to the expectations of his father

Clark's father wanted him to do absolutely nothing so as to never put himself in danger.
>>
>>84247287
Exactly. Papi Kent is so terribly written in these films.
>>
>>84247350
>>84247287

He's a well-written fallible character. He doesn't know what to tell Clark to do, how could he, he's just a farmer from Kansas. He's torn between teaching his child to be strong and brave and noble and protecting him from the unique position of danger that could put him in. That's why Clark doesn't know what to do either, he was never taught. If you prefer the version where Clark travels across the the infinite depths of space and happens to crash-land in a field right beside two people who while having no children of their own turn out to be the greatest possible parents anyone could have found, capable of raising their superpower alien foster-child to be a perfectly well-adjusted paragon of virtue and skill then maybe you should stick to cartoons.
>>
>>84247456
No.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.