[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the Lord of the Rings trilogy is per-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: The_Return_of_the_King_Poster_01.jpg (168KB, 810x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The_Return_of_the_King_Poster_01.jpg
168KB, 810x1200px
>the Lord of the Rings trilogy is per-
>>
>fect for a lazy weekend
>>
ghost army was the worst bit imo
just a dumb thing in general
>>
>>84239531
rotk had shitty moments
two towers was my dick and
john goodman was prefect
>>
>>84239531
is LITERALLY perfect
>>
What is wrong with ROTK? It was the perfect way to end the trilogy.

>inb4 the ending was too long

nigga this is a 12 hours movie trilogy, of course the ending was gonna take its time...
>>
>>84239622
>ghost army
>worst cgi in the series
>worst changes to the books
>>
>>84239531

Why didn't they come up with this plan at the council of Elrond? Surely Aragon's invincible army of the damned could have cleared a path to Mount Doom?
>>
>>84239692
Because the war had already started by the time he got to the ghost army. Had he arrived at the cave before Sauron invaded he probably would've walked into Mordor
>>
>>84239657
>ghost army
Is in the books
>worst cgi in the series
Debatable, there's some dodgy stuff in TTT as well
>worst changes to the books
For example?
>>
>>84239657

The ghost army and cgi were fine to me.
Some changes from the book, I have to agree on points. The ''I am no man'' scene was pretty lame and forced to me...
>>
>>84239773
>For example?
The ghost army in the books doesn't show up at the battle and kill everyone in seconds
Ruined Denethor
>>
juvenile shit. The books were legendary, universal timeless classics for adults and children alike. the movies were for nerds aged 14-28.
>>
>>84239692
Because it was clearly a big risk. Sending the one true heir of Gondor and your only chance to win the war into a cave full of killer ghosts on the chance that he might be able to win them over is one hell of a gamble. They only did it eventually because they were desperate.

>>84239809
>Ruined Denethor

Ah yes let's tack on several extra scenes of characterisation in an already overly long film.
>>
>>84239834
>extra scenes of characterisation
Just don't make him a prick until Faramir 'dies'. You don't need extra scenes.
>>
>>84239867
Not enough screentime to contextualise his descent into madness. He had to be a little crazy already when we meet him otherwise it would look stupid him going from normal to BURN ME ALIVE mode in like 12 minutes of screentime.

I'll concede that it could have been done a little better, but ultimately he's a minor character. Nobody would ever say 'Oh yeah my favourite character from LOTR is Denethor' anyway.
>>
>>84239891
My favourite is Faramir.
>>
>>84239918
Good taste. Faramir is the true hero of LOTR. His arc is like a Greek tragedy.
>>
>>84239809
Denethor was perfect, one of the best characters in the trilogy
>>
>>84239657
the elves at Helm's Deep will always be the worst change from the books desu.

I get Jackson's boner for them but that was too much.
>>
Is the extended edition better?
>>
>>84240041
Nah that was great. Added a whole new dimension to it, not just cinematically but also storywise. Just needed a bit more of a setup.
>>
>>84239941
>gets a snownigress waifu
>tragedy.
>>
File: 1446869136046.jpg (67KB, 680x687px) Image search: [Google]
1446869136046.jpg
67KB, 680x687px
>>84240157
>but also storywise.
>>
>>84240128
Yeah
>>
>>84240041
When I watched the Two Towers as a kid I thought the elves were awesome .
It sure made the battle better for cinema. Who cares about the autistic screeching by bookfags?
>>
>>84240041
The honoring their alliance part is kino
>>
>>84240174
Elves are totally unsympathetic dicks in the books. At least by showing up at the battle it demonstrates they actually care a little.
>>
>>84240174
>>84240240
To be fair, according to the Two Towers bonus features, the elves at Helm's Deep are supposed to represent that the elves were fighting at Rivendell and Lothlorien in the books, which were both under siege according to the appendices.
>>
>>84240270
>meanwhile at the Lonely Mountain
>>
>>84239773
>>84239796
The ghost army in the books clears the pirate ships and fucks off. Having them show up in the Minas Tirith battle is retarded, it makes rohirrim charge completely pointless.
>>
>>84240301
>The ghost army in the books clears the pirate ships and fucks off.

That would be massively anti-climactic though from a cinematic perspective. The Corsairs are not established as a significant enough threat to justify Aragorn and the whole Paths of the Dead bit. Literally everyone watching would go: 'Is that it?' If you're going to include the ghosts plotline at all it had to be significant enough to be worthwhile.

Jackson actually WANTED to cut it because he felt is was cheesy and undermined the sacrifice and bravery of everyone else. But he was afraid of backlash from book purists. Now he's being roasted for putting it in, but in the wrong way, which just goes to show you can't please all the people all of the time.
>>
>>84240351

Well he should have stuck to his guns. He cut the barrow downs because that was stupid ghost stuff and nobody cared.
>>
>>84240432
Probably, but it then raises the question of what do you do with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli between Dunharrow and Minas Tirith
>>
>>84240449
Send them to get the elves. Elves show up at Minas Tirith instead of Helms Deep.
Or better yet they track down the other rangers
>>
>>84239821
>Implying that the children of 2017 could read LotR.

Today's children are ADD monkey spastics. There's no fucking way any child today would enjoy LotR. They're pathetic.
>>
I can understand why they didn't bother to put it in, but I really would have liked the Shire stuff
>>
>>84240351
aww boohoo poor hackson
>>
>>84240531
Should've done it a short feature
>>
>>84239560
Literally the only thing I felt that was "wrong" was how cheap the Ghost Army made it feel.
However.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LGJ7evrAg
and many many more scenes are just perfect.
>>
>>84240531
I still maintain the Scouring was a poorly made story in the books and would have been worse for the movies.
It seems like Tolkien was worried that the apathetic isolationists in the Shire wouldn't have any sense of the giant war outside of a few more dangerous travellers, maybe they wouldn't even believe the Fellowship hobbits when they came back talking about their adventures.
So he made this slavery subplot that feels like a tacked on afterthought. It doesn't even make much sense, No1 hobbits are small and shit for industrial slaves and No2 how long was this really going to go on for considering the war was all but over?
>>
>>84240651
Gandalf literally told the hobbits that saruman was capable of being mean in a small petty way.
>>
>>84240651
The point was to contrast the new experienced hobbits to the ones at the begining of the book
>>
>>84240651
orcs don't enslave people because they need slaves, if they were the case they would just enslave some more orcs

orcs enslave people because they enjoy inflicting pain on others
>>
>>84240651
I understand why he did it, but he could have carried it through better to be honest. If Tolkien wanted to go for a 'sometimes things can never go back to normal' ending then that's fine, but the book does have a happy ending, it's just delayed.
>>
>>84240639

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBtzudk40pE

Literally perfect
>>
>>84240756
I just cried. I may have issues
>>
>>84240756
What really gets my is the final good bye at the ships.
I just can't handle how bittersweet it is that everyone lives happily ever after but that it's the end of all magic in the World.
That's it there's no more real elves/goblins it's just story's old drunks were told from their parents.
>>
how did gimli know what a nervous system is?
>>
>>84240973
Dwarfs are super advanced
>>
>>84240973
How did orcs know what a menu was?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.