[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLOOD MERIDIAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: blood-meridian.jpg (68KB, 620x923px) Image search: [Google]
blood-meridian.jpg
68KB, 620x923px
Cast it.
>>
>>84238550
ooh grimey and edgy book so good
>>
>>>/lit/
>>
>>84238550
No.
>>
>>84238550
Needs to be highly stylized dark animation
>>
Mel Gibson to team up with Icon productions and direct.
>>
>>84238550
I'd go Rule 63
That would blow a few minds
>>
>>84238550
Idris Alba
>>
Marlon Brandon in Apocalypse Now as The Judge
>>
>>84239946
James Franco said the exact same thing
>>
>>84238550

Philip Seymour Hoffman as the judg...oh shit
>>
File: 51X2448H6SL.jpg (38KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
51X2448H6SL.jpg
38KB, 329x500px
cast it
>>
>>84240065
I think that's how most people imagine the judge when reading the book
>>
Matthew McConaughey
>>
>No 6 hour long Western kino full of long shots of a group of men on horse back crossing various Mexican/Texan landscapes that seem almost otherworldly with small scenes of intense & realistic violence thrown inbetween.
>>
>>84240155
because that's who inspired cormac whether he admits it or not.
>>
I have started and stopped this book twice now. I just think it's the prose that fucks with me
>>
>>84238550
If Malick had directed this it would have been his best movie. TTRL with cowboys and more blood.
>>
>>84242081
its not the prose, its the lack of plot that bores you, and me also

>make camp>sleep> set off>ride through desert>attack indians> attacked by indians> die>make camp>ride into town> plunder village>get bounty>leave town>kill mexicans>make camp>leave camp> travel desert

thats the entire book without the prose.
>>
>>84242081
>muh plot
>>
>>84239946
2002 internet shitposter Marlon Brando as the Judge
>>
>>84242144
>without the prose
But god damn that is some very good prose. Incredibly vivid, strong language throughout the entire novel.

But I agree without that the book doesn't have much, except maybe historical accuracy.
>>
Heres the real question.

Did he get raped in that outhouse?
>>
”The kid rose and looked about at this desolate scene and then he saw alone and upright in a small niche in the rocks an old woman kneeling in a faded rebozo with her eyes cast down. He made his way among the corpses and stood before her.
She was very old and her face was gray and leathery and sand had collected in the folds of her clothing. She did not look up. The shawl that covered her head was much faded of color yet it bore like a patent woven into the fabric the figures of stars and quartermoons and other insignia of provenance unknown to him.
He spoke to her in a low voice. He told her that he was an American and that he was a long way away from the country of his birth and that he had no family and that he had traveled much and seen many things and had been at war and endured hardships. He told her that he would convey her to a safe place, some party of her countrypeople who would welcome her and that she should join them for he could not leave her in this place or she would surely die.
He knelt on one knee, resting the rifle before him like a staff.
Abuelita, he said. No puedes escúcharme?
He reached into the little cove and touched her arm. She moved slightly, her whole body, light and rigid. She weighed nothing. She was just a dried shell and she had been dead in that place for years.”

The kid was years past the point of redemption.

He then killed the boy at the campfire sealing whatever fate he was working towards. Judge had his way with him in the end.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.