[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth a watch? It would be my first silent film. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: nosferatu picture.jpg (60KB, 585x496px) Image search: [Google]
nosferatu picture.jpg
60KB, 585x496px
Is it worth a watch? It would be my first silent film. I have always thought it looked creepy and I have wanted to but never got around to it.
>>
>>84236539
Yes, it's a good film and a good place to start if you've never seen a silent film before.
>>
It's good. Better than the 30s Dracula movie. Not sure it's good for a first silent movie though. I'd say watch Metropolis but I've heard people say it's pretty slow so it might be hard to watch for you.
>>
>>84236539
It's good yeah. Metropolis is also recommended as a first silent film.
>>
>>84236572
I'm actually trying to watch the 30's Dracula, but I'm on a bunch of pills that are making me tired so it's hard to finish.
>>
>>84236539

Yes, genuinely unsettling at times, despite the gulf of decades and desensitization. If you watch it, watch it with an updated HQ musical score; makes it much more engaging.
>>
Start with the Cabinet of Doctor Caligari, the real first horror film and an easier entry point than Nosferatu. Nosferatu is great, but I feel a little on the slow side for the uninitiated.
>>
>>84236539
It's more unintentionally amusing than creepy. I can acknowledge its historical importance but it's lacking in entertainment value.

>>84236600
Comedy is the genre that works best in silent film. Watch "The General" or "City Lights". Those are both critically acclaimed and still entertaining to plebs like me.

https://archive.org/details/TheGeneral1926
>>
File: Nosferatu.jpg (45KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Nosferatu.jpg
45KB, 512x384px
>>84236539
Yes watch it at midnight in the dark. One of the only older films that has really spooked me

>when he's just standing near the door and the guy is trying to pretend he is asleep
>>
>>84236539
favorite movie
>>
File: 6050997_orig.jpg (25KB, 399x427px) Image search: [Google]
6050997_orig.jpg
25KB, 399x427px
The ending is so powerful for a silent era film. It amazes me that so many people never understood it.

The vampire, having sneaked into the room of the girl and fed on her, realizes that he will forever be a vampire and he hates himself for never being able to find love in his life due to the monster he is and so he commits suicide by letting the sun shine on him.
>>
>>84236784
White Zombie is way better check it out
>>
>>84242629
Agreed. WZ is great and a better role for Lugosi.
>>
This movie probably has the only remake i've ever been interested in. I can't wait to see what Robert Eggers does with it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.