[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it As good as everyone says ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4761.jpg (16KB, 475x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4761.jpg
16KB, 475x346px
Is it As good as everyone says ?
>>
>>84221075
I don't know I haven't seen it
>>
As obnoxious as people are about it yeah it's pretty good, and gets better on rewatches
>>
>>84221075
Yes. Just ignore the propaganda. If youre polack you will get triggered many times
>>
>>84221075
Good but it starts to lag later on and they jump the shark pretty good.
>>
Bunpb
>>
>>84221075

Fuck
>>
>>84221075
absolutely. I still haven't found anything that compares. You probably won't see what's all the fuss about it on the first episode, but the show is amazing. Not everyone likes season 2 because it's the slowest but it's still worth it
>>
Do I have to watch the seasons in order
>>
>>84222005
http://shiiiit.com/
>>
>>84222005

.Fucketi-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck. Fucker.
>>
>>84222569
Yes

probably my favorite show ever, but it has that HBO problem of throwing like two dozen characters at you at once really quickly as soon as the show starts. In my opinion it gets more enjoyable as you go and i even like season 5
>>
needs a cut of only the gangsta shit nom sayin
>>
It's good, if slightly overrated. The Sopranos is the best television show ever created.
>>
Season 4 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 2
>>
Easily the best character development in any show, ever.
Season 5 is so awful though. Don't expect it to be anything special.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nywAi9F137Q
>>
>>84222569

well, you don't have to. but you are supposed to
>>
it's unintentionally one of the most redpilled shows made, showing the decay of working class, niggers genociding each others for 20 bucks, kike lawyers doing laundry for crooked demorcats etc. fascinating considering david simon is a bleeding heart libshit bald kike.
>>
>>84223016

>loyalty
>>
>>84223154
okay
>>
>>84221075
i've only seen the first season and its good but for some reason i just don't feel like watching the rest of the series
same with deadwood
>>
>>84222569
4-1-2-3-5 is the patrician order
>>
It's even better.
>>
>>84222673

Aw fuck, aw fuck.
>>
>>84223154
Nice interpretation Trumpcuck
>>
>>84223367
make the first two picks equal and we agree
>>
>>84223418
oy vey
>>
2 = 4 > 1 > 3 > > > 5
>>
the show is garbage

>>84222959
imagine being this much of a retard for you to believe this. there is literally no character development that happens naturally. it's completely sudden and takes place over 15 minutes at the end of a season
>>
>>84223469
Let me guess, you watched five episodes of Season 1 and stopped.
>>
>>84221075
Yes, took me 3 tries to get into it though
>>
>>84221134

I'm o Polack and I only got triggered when Stan Valchek tried to cast a spell in some Tolkien language, only for me to realize that was his attempt at saying 'rest in peace' in Polish.

They should have either cast a Polish guy or he should just have spoken English all the time.
>>
>>84222268
because you're a faggot. the sopranos shits all over this shit tier show

the wire made me angry. it made me physically sick. it was so fucking terrible. the acting, the story, the characters. it was all garbage. it was the same thing every episode, just circular writing where nothing happens and it's the same plot over and over again until the writer decides to quickly rush in some sort of plot development because they remembered they were writing a show
>>
No even Law and Order is better
>>
>>84223556
*Annexes you*
>>
>>84223532
i watched the entire thing and i'm so fucking angry that i wasted my time with this putrid shit. season 2 is also the best season and the fact that you retarded wire niggers don't acknowledge this proves to me that you're all a bunch of brain dead plebs
>>
>>84223567
Holy shit its so clear you have never seen the show or read a book
>>
>>84223602
>I watched a show I hated

You sure we're the "brain dead plebs," anon?
>>
>>84223625
the show sucked. the ONLY reason it's held in high regard is brain dead libtards who believe it's some dramatized documentary based on real people and events. it's not. it's all fake. it's boring, fake shit
>>
>>84223154

I did find this funny that they show all state-run institutions as inherently, unrepairably corrupt and broken and yet the writer somehow claimed that was an anti-capitalist story.
>>
>>84223602
I watched a show I didn't like the premise to because other people told me to. Holy shit people like you actually exist.

Since you're listening to what other people tell you to do why not jump off a bridge
>>
>>84223664
You mean to tell me this scripted HBO show was FAKE!?
>>
>>84223664
>fake shit
>likes Sopranos
>>
>>84223154
This is true
>>
>>84223664
No its the character development. Its the fact that one season someone can be an asshole and suck at his job but in later seasons you can see the growth.

I mean look at Prez goes from being a horrible cop, beating up people and even shooting a fucking cop to becoming a teacher finding his place and actually helping people. This is why people like the show so much
>>
>>84223664
im so glad i have a healthy mentality and don't get triggered by people with darker skin than myself
>>
File: 1378808977789.jpg (21KB, 377x325px) Image search: [Google]
1378808977789.jpg
21KB, 377x325px
One thing that bothers me is The Greeks. Avon has his supply from some Central/South American guy from New York and since The Wire tries to be as realistic as possible, you'd think Prop Joe would have his dope from Colombians/Mexicans/whoever from Latin America, and not some unidentified European guys who spend their time dealing with stevedores.
>>
>>84223907
Is it really that unrealistic? Eastern european organized crime operates on the east coast
>>
>>84223567
If you think The Wire has circular writing and nothing happens, how is Sopranos any better? That show is so episodic. Aside from deaths, very little from the previous episode affects the next and you could almost watch them in any order.
Melfi scenes were the same over and over, and nothing ever came of it. She didn't go to the cops and no one came close to finding out Tony sees a psychiatrist. I like Sopranos but your criticism applies to it too.
>>
No.

The Wire is great, and better than most TV, but it doesn't do much outside conveying each season's theme about institutional dysfunctionality. That is, the characterization is simplistic, the acting is often mediocre, and overall, the themes are repetitive and beaten over the viewer's head a bit. Great show, but a few leagues inferior to The Sopranos, and not as good as Deadwood or Rome either. So if it's the first "good show" you've seen, you'll love it, but if you've seen the others I mentioned, it'll just be "good."
>>
>>84224278
FYI the entire show is an extended PR showcase for the surveillance state.

http://davidsimon.com/we-are-shocked-shocked/
>>
>>84223567
I legitimately believe you haven't seen the show.
I don't make it a point to fellate The Wire constantly but the attention to detail in the storytelling is one of the major points of the show's praise, literally every scene has a purpose in the story.
>>
>>84224278
>Not as good as... ...Rome either.

Oh, man.
>>
>>84221075
no

the sopranos is better
>>
>>84221075
if it had mexicasn instead of blacks as the main characters it wouldnt have been popular

t. juan
>>
>>84224726
If they did a season 6 they were actually gonna focus on the hispanic community
>>
>>84223567
>it was all garbage
almost too specific to be taken seriously
>>
>>84221075
Season 1 is great.
Season 2 is fucking phenomenal, but people tend to not enjoy it as much as S1 on their first watch.
Season 3 is pretty good.
Season 4 is one of the most massively overrated pieces of television media ever but still pretty good.
Season 5 gets a lot of shit but in my opinion it's only a little bit weaker than S4, though I'm slightly biased being a big fan of Clark Johnson/Homicide.
>>
>>84224936
>Season 2 is fucking phenomenal, but people tend to not enjoy it as much as S1 on their first watch.
these people are called "plebs"
or niggers
>>
its very engrossing, especially the first 3 seasons when it mostly focuses on the inner workings of the police, and then gets a bit bloated and loses focus a lot in 4 and 5.

I only watched it all once though, and this was like 7 years ago. I feel like watching that shit again desu.
>>
>>84223677
>>writer creates show about bicycle being hit by car

>I did find it funny they showed all bicycles that are broken yet the writer somehow claimed that it was a show about why not to hit a bicycle with your car.
>>
>>84224726
yeah breaking bad's quite obscure these days
>>
It's literally the clear 2nd best TV show of all time behind Breaking Bad.
It would be a close 2nd but season 2 brings the average down.
>>
>>84222959
Few opinions, even here, are so wrong.

The Sopranos has easily the best character development of any show. Not even close. The Wire's characters are mostly just vessels to convey the show's themes, rather than fleshed-out lifelike people with unique, varied responses to life.
>>
>>84223154

Imagine thinking like this.
>>
>>84221075
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
>>84226601
In the highly acclaimed court scene the irreverant african american man implies that while he is bad, the jew lawyer is also bad, and everybody gasps
>>
Read Simon's book "Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets". Its fucking fantastic. Even if Simon is a faggot himself.

I really enjoyed the show. Pretty damn good. I'm from the Baltimore area and it was super accurate
>>
>>84221075
It's the favorite show of people who generally don't have any opinions on tv shows, but a friend of theirs said it's the greatest show ever and they join the chain.
>>
WAY DOWN IN THE HOLE
>>
>>84225901
>Season 2 brings it down
I honestly cannot understand what people's problem is with S2, I thought it was one of the high points of the series. 3 and 4 were much less interesting to me.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>84227439
Manual labour fucktards having their own fucktardy side story that really has no impact on the main theme.
Apart from a nice pair of tits I couldn't care less about them being given any screen time.
>>
>>84227682
>Death of America's working class has no impact on the main theme

You're a fucking retard
>>
bruh its better
>>
>>84227819
not only that but it shows how the drugs are getting into the country which has lots to do with the "main theme".
>>
>>84227400
>1 and a half minute intro starts playing
>>
>>84221075
very smart show, interesting characters, 10/10 dialogues and sometimes just pure fun to watch
>>
>>84222569
yes
>>
>>84227819
All characters are shown as being a victim of the society and prejudices they experience Their actions are somewhat justified by their perspective.
The dock workers they focus on are just fuckups and scum with a life filled with poor decisions of their own.
The normal hardworking ones in the background would have been sufficient for the storyline.
>>
>>84221134
like when?

despite Simon being a faggot on twitter now, I can't think of many bleeding heart moments
>>
>>84229303
they WERE the "normal hardworking ones". what part of death of america's working class don't you get.
>>
>>84221075

Yes.

It's amazing.
>>
File: thisgameisrigged.gif (499KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
thisgameisrigged.gif
499KB, 250x188px
Yes it's maybe the greatest show ever. Personally I would place The Sopranos ahead of it but I certainly think it's the most ambitious show ever made
>>
>>84226441
>The Sopranos has easily the best character development of any show

It's one of the best shows ever made, but the writing sags in the middle. It's just a fact. It finishes strong though.
>>
>>84229303
>The dock workers they focus on are just fuckups and scum with a life filled with poor decisions of their own.

Which was accelerated by the economics of automation. They ended up victims of capitalism, which made the dominos fall to where they ended up. Sure they drank and swore, but most blue collar workers in America are like that. The majority were normal hardworking ones, but it wouldn't be a particularly good drama if it was only on the average joes.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.