[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Lovely Bones (2009)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: the lovely bones.jpg (37KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
the lovely bones.jpg
37KB, 351x500px
I gave this a re-watch (I was kind of a fan of the book as a teenager), and I see that it actually has potential despite some of the afterlife sequences that really feel like they belong in a CGI effects reel rather than the final product.

I was looking at the making of (nearly three hours on the blu-ray), and it looks like, what actually was filmed, could've made a much better movie than the one that made it on screen. Nearly all of the moments with the family that were in the book were there (only small parts of the scenes exist on the making of...of course...there wasn't a deleted scenes reel)

>tl;dr what the fuck peter jackson?
>>
>>84216315
>tl;dr what the fuck peter jackson?
He just made a water-down film version of book that wasn't really good to begin with.
Though honestly the main problem is he try to make it to much like Heavenly Creatures instead of it's own thing.
>>
>>84216615

Regardless of opinion over whether or not the book was good, the book sold 10 million copies, you would think you would try to please the readers who enjoyed it instead of making a CGI-sizzle reel.

To me, it's even more frustrating, knowing those scenes were actually filmed only to have them cut out and not even include them as a bonus feature or something.
>>
>>84216737
That's why I said water-down. Jackson version isn't that far from the book but pg-13 rating and bloated cgi makes it bad enough that even bookfags won't like it.

It also important to remember Jackson was tacked on as a director after Lynne Ramsay got kick off the project.
>>
>>84216887

Actually, I would beg to differ about it being not that far from the book. Rachel Weisz's character was completely gutted from the final cut (which again, all of her scenes were filmed but because a test audience had a bad reaction to her character, they chopped it out).

Lynne Ramasy surely would've done a better job.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.