[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shutter Island

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2698.jpg (133KB, 501x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2698.jpg
133KB, 501x755px
This movie is comfy as fuck. Anyone else enjoy it? Did you see the twist coming?
>>
>>84211746
yeah, it was pretty comfy. I figured out the twist once his clothes got wet and replaced with the patient stuff.
>>
>>84211746

Very comfy but the twist was incredibly obvious, saw it coming from virtually the opening scene.
>>
Yeah, I saw him being a real marshal trapped in a brainwashing experiment coming.
>>
Color of Money was pretty comfy
>tfw no adopting father figure to teach me how to scam people in games of pool

Didn't even know it was a Scorsese movie
>>
>>84212897
It's one of those "twists" that's pretty obvious even from the trailer.

Honestly, one movie which threw me recently was Split. The "obvious even from the trailer" twist is that the girls are also identities in his mind. The actual twist was pretty well done.
>>
File: 1498194498310_0.jpg (78KB, 1024x956px) Image search: [Google]
1498194498310_0.jpg
78KB, 1024x956px
> tfw bad at foreseeing twists

Am I stupid or do you guys actively search for one?
>>
>>84213057
Cool. Didn't see it yet. Guess now I won't need to
>>
>>84213159
Most of the time, when a movie has a twist, it's clear that it's that kind of movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhBTlYQcBC0
Already we see there's a further mystery about the 67th patient, we see the island staff acting suspiciously towards the hero, ordering him around, giving him pills, dressing him up as a patient. It's an easy connection to make.

Another example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8tHgGncPA0
This one very nearly spells out the plot in the whole trailer, showing us scenes even from the finale of the movie.

If you know a twist is coming, it's usually easy to tell what it will be because most writers are hacks and just repeat a few of the same ones (false allegiance/identity, secret relationship, split personality, dead all along, all an illusion) over and over. Lucky Number Slevin, Oldboy, Identity, the Others, the Village. The Usual Suspects, Empire Strikes Back, Fight Club, the Sixth Sense, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. It just cycles through over and over.

>>84213455
I wasn't clear, lemme rephrase: I thought it was that obvious twist, but it's not. It's actually a really clever, interesting twist. See the movie, especially if nobody's spoiled it for you yet.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.