[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noah (2014) was a big piece of shit, but some tiny portions of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: noah-sin.png (362KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
noah-sin.png
362KB, 1280x688px
Noah (2014) was a big piece of shit, but some tiny portions of it (namely the montages and the more somber scenes in the first ~30 minutes) were really great.
Are there any other movies that pull off that sort of weighty, bleak, biblical and reflective atmosphere? Preferably with weird visuals.
>>
>>84210721
I thought it was a screenshot from 2001 because of the thumbnail.
>>
>>84210721
The Virgin Spring
specifically the part where the father prepares sticks to ritually purify himself
>>
>>84210721

>dat intro/music

movie was a huge fucking letdown except for the parts you mentioned, but would they matter as much if not surrounded in the context of the whole, however shitty? i wonder that whenever i think of them.
>>
>>84210721
>Are there any other movies that pull off that sort of weighty, bleak, biblical and reflective atmosphere? Preferably with weird visuals.

Not quite biblical, but On the Silver Globe might be what you're looking for. Very weird movie. Hard to watch at times, but the visuals and the ideas it throws out are a good source of inspiration, even if incoherent at times.
>>
last years Silence
>>
>>84211159

once you have casted watson and the other young dude that cant act either, you cant go far.

but indeed the scene where noah explain the creation sort of based on the bible and science was just masterfull, and made the movie definitly worth watching
>>
>>84210721
aronofksy really let me down with this one
and now he is making a movie with JLaw

why are you doing this to me Darren, you were destined for greatness
>>
Begotten
>>
>>84211294
>the scene where noah explain the creation sort of based on the bible and science was just masterfull
Really? Because it felt really blatant and cheesy to me. "Oh, look at this generic Cosmos footage while some old guy narrates Genesis 1... ain't that thought-provoking?"
Not even an ardent atheist or anything, but trying to make some Iron Age creation myth and modern scientific knowledge gel will always feel forced to me.

I barely remember anything from Noah, but the one thing that did stick out for me were some of the earlier scenes, with Noah and his family in their tent, and the pre-creation-post-apocalypse landscapes. Basically everything before the CGI rock monsters were introduced.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.