[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>muh social commentary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: the mist.jpg (163KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
the mist.jpg
163KB, 1280x1024px
>muh social commentary
>>
>>84210453
and?
>>
>>84210469
And it's so heavy-handed it ruins the film.
>>
>>84210490
In what way?
>>
It's a "OP didn't watch this movie until RLM told him to" episode.
>>
>>84210528
I don't watch that channel.

>>84210523
The Christian lady who uses religion to form a cult in the mall ends up going on a tirade about why abortion, stem-cell reserve, and science are the reasons for what's happening. That and the conversations the protagonists have about how weak and stupid humanity is (not that there's much to compare us to). Clearly the filmmaker wanted to talk about religious radicals stopping progress, but it just came off as a political lecture.
>>
>>84210658
Jerry Falwell literally paraded about telling everyone 9/11 was because of gay marriage, abortions, etc. as the attack was occurring. These religious nuts just don't understand that someone want to be left alone when they're about to die.
>>
>>84210528
>comment like this
>from a tumblrina

Shiggydiggydo
>>
>>84210658
Isn't it about how people turn to religion in times of fear and paranoia, much like the Salem trials. I haven't seen the movie in a while but it sounds a bit like you're a butthurt Christian.
>>
>>84210710
Just because a couple of million people across the entire USA think AIDS is a punishment for homosexuality doesn't mean one woman could convince over twenty random, everyday people to throw a man to his death within "two days" like she does in the film. The "dictator's rise to power" is, as usual, exaggerated due to the filmmakers contempt for humanity.
>>
>>84210805
>but it sounds a bit like you're a butthurt Christian.
I'm not. It just gets exhausting having media which is saturated in politics. Every novel or movie or tv show has to be a metaphor for "current events" or has to "say something" about the political landscape.
I'm all for deeper themes in fiction, but in my view they should be human themes which are universally relateable, not political themes which divide the audience and which probably won't be relevant in 20 years anyway.
>>
>>84210877
So if there was a movie where a radical atheist persuaded people to persecute the religious characters you wouldn't be acting like a "butthurt atheist"?
>>
>>84210658
Its based off a king book, and he is for sure not all against religion. Matter of fact, he has Done a gorillion books where the protagonist is Jesus
>>
>>84210658
Its based off a king book, and he is for sure not all against religion. Matter of fact, he has Done a gorillion books where the protagonist is Jesus >>84211182
>>84210658

And i mean literally Jesus, not just a Jesus arc
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.