[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Terror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: TheTerror.jpg (184KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
TheTerror.jpg
184KB, 900x470px
Why have I never heard anybody talk about Ridley Scott's latest endeavour into televisio ? Is anybody else hyped as fuck they might actually make a great adaptation of the book?
The cast already looks amazing as fuck.
>>
>>84206311
Is this the birth hour of Arctic Kino?
>>
>>84206311
I literally never heard of it, a quick run down?
Although after watching the new Alien im kind of dubious of anything Scott does
>>
looks like the thing on a boat
>>
I am cynic, let me guess:
Ridley Scott name's everywhere but he is just a producer who will still say that is the best thing ever on TV since color?
Like all those Spielberg productions (except from Band of Brothers)
>>
>>84206311
Is it based off the book of the same name? (book was really good)
>>
>>84206311
>Executive producer
>Depending on the medium, the executive producer may be concerned with management accounting or with associated legal issues (like copyrights or royalties).[1] In films, the executive producer generally contributes to the film's budget and usually does not work on set, in contrast to most other producers
Ridley Scott is an executive producer in this.
>>
>>84206311
I know the Hungarian guys shooting it here in Budapest. Honestly, they seem like a good bunch of second unit dudes doing all the work and getting none of the credit. Hopefully, it will be a stepping stone for some of them.
>>
>>84206311
Oh fuck, this could be awesome. The book was great.
>>84206413
"The men on board the HMS Terror - part of the ill-fated 1845 Franklin Expedition - are entering a second summer in the Arctic Circle without a thaw, stranded in a nightmarish landscape of ice and desolation. Endlessly cold, they struggle to survive poisonous rations and a dwindling coal supply. But their real enemy is even more terrifying. There is something out there in the frigid darkness: an unseen predator stalking their ship, a monstrous terror clawing to get in."
>>
>>84206311

>tldr its a magic eskimo polar bear

>everyone dies but Crozier who gets married to the eskimo woman.
>>
I'm not sure how the Polar Monster throat singing scene is going to work on film. It might be too fucking weird for normies to handle.
>>
the novel was fantastic but this being on AMC is a very bad sign
>>
>>84207386
the plot is pretty bare but the book does a great job with culminating this atmosphere of dread. Basically if the show doesn't have stellar production value it won't be worthwhile
>>
kind of bored of the arctic after Fortitude
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.