[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Hate Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 31

> Origin story by the numbers
> Quip
> Love interest
> Quip
> Weak ass villain hamfisted in for forced conflict
> Quip
> Forced world building
> Quip
> Big climax action scene
> Post credits scene/Quip

What's that? the character arc is incomplete?

That's why you watch the next 12 movies and wait for the season finale in 2019.
>>
>>84204208
>That's why you watch the next 12 movies and wait for the season finale in 2019.
The exact reason I can't get into marvel.
>>
>>84204208
>Forced world building
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>84204208
I never feel like I've watched a complete film with Marvel.

Its always consistently "meh" movies.

Avengers 1 was great though.
>>
File: 1483429181135.jpg (373KB, 1920x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1483429181135.jpg
373KB, 1920x1602px
They literally hired TV directors to make their films. This isn't cinema. This is weekly TV marketed as cinema. I can't believe people are falling for this.
>>
I HATE COMICBOOK MOVIES! SO CORNY!!
>>
>>84204241
Sprinking Thanos and Infinity stones everywhere, even when the story has no use for them.

Its like every Marvel film you watch is an advert for the next one.
>>
File: strange no mister.jpg (147KB, 1383x1391px) Image search: [Google]
strange no mister.jpg
147KB, 1383x1391px
Bravo Kevin Feige!
>>
>>84204263
The shadows dont match on warhammer, he looks like he was pasted on top in MS Paint
>>
File: 1497939946257.jpg (423KB, 1860x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1497939946257.jpg
423KB, 1860x1400px
>>84204282
CBM used to be decent before Disney arrived and turned it into a fucking factory of shitting out rushed clones undergone way too many focus tests.
>>
>a streaming show is more cinematic than the cinematic universe

Huh really gets those synapses a sznipin an a sznapping.
>>
>>84204263
Welcome to capeshit, the bottom of the barrel of cinema.
Although it's funny that you consider IM1 not garbage.
>>
>>84204263
So from the looks of it, the early MCU movies actually are well directed. Which one should I stop at if I want to escape "Marvel Now"?
>>
>>84204332
Avengers
>>
File: 1483817636111.webm (1MB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
1483817636111.webm
1MB, 1280x528px
>>84204307
Everyone looks out of place. Look at Spidey. It's like they realized Sony was going to let them rent him so they just forced him in there last second.

It fucking tells you something when Spider-Man 2 from almost 15 years ago beats modern Spidey in convincing visual effects.
>>
>>84204332

Winter Solider isn't very well directed but it's the last decent movie they made. Haven't seen GotG2 yet so don't know about that. Oh and skip Iron Man 2 and both Thors.
>>
>>84204308
>capekino
Is there a bigger oxymoron in cinema?
All superhero movies are garbage with terrible plots.
No, pretty shots won't make them stop being the embodiment of everything wrong with Hollywood.
These movies are never born from a creative spark, or a desire to make them, they are born from a bunch of 50 year old suits wanting to make easy money with cheap garbage based on a medium and stories exclusively made for children.
>>
>it's another "redditors are butthurt that people like superhero movies" thread
>>
>>84204351
That's literally what happened.

Feige asked the writers to prepare a version with spidey, incase the deal goes through.
>>
>>84204377
but reddit is the pillar of superhero craze

what exactly are you trying to say?
>>
>>84204377
But only redditors watch capeshit.
>>
File: im1.gif (52KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
im1.gif
52KB, 480x270px
>>84204332
It's pretty much only Iron Man 1. And then Disney bought Marvel and it all turned into kiddy garbage.

But if you want to watch one film that feels like an actual director made it and not a comittee of Disney execs, I guess Iron Man 3.

Also typical of Disney to drop the almost politically incorrect attitude of Stark.
>>
>>84204351
It's a guy with a retarded costume, there's no way to make manchildren wearing bat costumes convincing.
It's fucking retarded, everything about superheroes is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>84204366
>All superhero movies are garbage with terrible plots.
This is what cynical MCU drones actually believe. You can keep scream and shout how everything is as bad as your shitty TV-show movies but it won't change what an utter embarrasment the MCU is to this genre.
>>
>>84204332
>the early MCU movies actually are well directed
No, it's not.

>Which one should I stop at if I want to escape "Marvel Now"?
How about you stop right now and watch good movies instead?
>>
>>84204208
Why isn't' this a DISNEY hate thread?

They're the ones that took this shit way too fucking far, now we get 5 fucking superhero films every year and a Star Wars every year, poisoning both the box office and the two entities themselves. Hollywood just don't know how to let a good thing die. Iron Man 1 and 2 were fantastic movies and now are complete shit because of this stupid fucking cinematic universe, Star Wars was shit past the original 3 and same goes with the Hobbit/LOTR.
>>
>>84204351
Spider-Man 2 was just an amazing film all around. What it tells me is that very few directors can compare to Raimi's greatness.
>>
>>84204454
Yes redditor, your dumb as fuck joints with retarded main characters wearing terrible costumes are so good.
God, I love reddit.
>>
>>84204459
This.

+ Disney ruined Star Wars
>>
>>84204472
>Spider-Man 2 was just an amazing film all around.
How?
>>
File: orange slices.jpg (59KB, 564x566px) Image search: [Google]
orange slices.jpg
59KB, 564x566px
Can Marvel supporters really defend their choice of filmmakers, as risk-taking artists or even simply talented at making exciting action set pieces or memorable characters? Of course not. It really isn't surprising, considering most of them come from bottom-of-the-barrel Apatow-tier comedies or TV sitcoms.

Notice how the good/interesting capeshit filmmakers come from deeply visual genres (Raimi, Del Toro from horror, Burton and Bird from animation). They also seem to have a genuine love for the material, as it was part of the counter-culture when they grew up.

People like Nolan or Singer who come from solid neo-noir thrillers; while not visionary or creative have at the very least an elegant style of filmmaking and try to tell thematically meaningful stories, treat their characters/universes seriously and the audiences with respect. The MCU is the most cynical work Hollywood has ever shat out, treating its audiences like actual Downs children leaving no sense of substance or nuance.
>>
>>84204459
>Iron Man 1 and 2 were fantastic movies
They are if the only stories you've experienced until then are videogames.

Np superhero movie can be a good movie, that's a fact.
>>
>>84204456
Oh look, it's this guy.

Alright buddy, put your money where your mouth is. List five of your so-called "good movies."
>>
>>84204290
Quick rundown?
>>
>>84204534
>They also seem to have a genuine love for the material
Why?
Why would anyone love that trash?
Why would anyone love power fantasies made exclusively with children in mind?
Why would anyone love the retarded story of a guy who got bit by a spider and can suddenly crawl walls?
Why would anyone love all this pile of cringeworthy trash?
>>
File: strange.jpg (99KB, 983x435px) Image search: [Google]
strange.jpg
99KB, 983x435px
>That one MCU drone quoting everyone saying how all CBM are as bad as his shitty MCUs
No you fucking faggot. The MCU has set the bar so low that even a child could come up with something more dramatic and exciting. Truth is that MCU acts as polar opposite to its predecessors, being incredibly stale, safe and visually garbage. While Raimi, Del Toro, Burton and Nolan were all going wild with the source material, taking it in bold new directions, Disney has instead created a massive comfort space where they basically shit out the same film twice a year and watch as idiot manchilds eat that shit up.

Anyone who defends MCU hates not only the genre but cinema as whole.
>>
>>84204534
Bottom of the barrel creatives for the bottom of the barrel genre on movies.
>>
>>84204290
I get the scene but not the two posts.
>>
File: dance off.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dance off.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>84204587
>why aren't all stories like muh Disney kiddy MCU

I will even add that the actual kids films Disney made in the 90's had better writing and took themselves more seriously than the MCU is. The MCU is basically one big giant joke where nothing is taken seriously and you're supposed to have a smug distance to everything happening because that's the era of non-sincerity we apparently live in now. So shut the fuck up next time you try to defend MCU's infantile writing that is an insult to even Disney's animated films.
>>
>>84204590
>were all going wild with the source material, taking it in bold new directions

This is what the manchild audience of capeshit believes.
You will never be anything but laughing stock of Hollywood.
>>
>>84204587
Because it's a kids genre and they grew up with it as kids? It's one thing to be a capeshit basher which I currently agree with, but you're being autistic if you can't comprehend why people watch superhero films.
>>
>>84204552
You try to make sense of this forced as fuck quip.
>>
>>84204619
I'm not defending the MCU, i'm attacking superhero based media as a whole, which is a cancer that, of course, comes from comics, the second worst storytelling medium ever.

>>84204639
I don't, I seriously don't comprehend why people watch all this retarded trash with characters who wear garbage that wouldn't stand out in a LGBT parade.
>>
>>84204628
Again desperately attempting to devalue geniune talent into same category as your shitty MCUs. Your act is very transparent and nobody is falling for it. Had OP been speaking well of the MCU you'd be posting about how much GoTG2 made you ROFL. Very transparent and dishonest MCU drone.
>>
>>84204671
>homophobic /pol/tard

That explains a lot.
>>
>>84204671
>I'm not defending the MCU
Yes you are and anybody with two brain cells can tell you're desperately trying to put all CBMs into the same category as MCU when in truth MCU is polar opposite to the works of its predecessors.

MCU is complete garbage. It's not cinema. It's not even work of artists. It's safe and tired Disney money making machine with no risks or visual innovations to be made.
>>
>>84204673
True talent doesn't need to bow down to the cancer of capeshit.
No actor, no director, no composer puts any actual effort into these turds.

Superhero media is one of the biggest cancers that ever hit any industry.
>>
>>84204703
So what are your favorite movies?
>>
>>84204673
>you'd be posting about how much GoTG2 made you ROFL.
GotG2 is actually a very serious film. More than anything, it made me cry.
>>
>>84204693
It's not that i'm an MCU fanboy, it's that you probably ate up one of these movies and you have zero arguments to defend them, all you can try is force a cringeworthy, basement dweller fight between fanboys who eat up legitimately bad movies.
>>84204720
Sure it did, reddit.
>>
File: 1490798291541.jpg (384KB, 1669x689px) Image search: [Google]
1490798291541.jpg
384KB, 1669x689px
>>84204703
The term capeshit wasn't even a thing until the MCU happened. And it shows how desperate you are now because your bluff has been called. You weren't here during the era of The Dark Knight were people were actually talking about these films. But then the MCU came and the phrase capeshit was coined because that's exactly what the MCU turned a genre into.
>>
>>84204693
>#NotAllCapeshit
HAHAHAHAHHAHAH
PEOPLE ACTUALLY DEFENDING THESE HOLY FUCK
>>
>>84204727
>Sure it did, reddit.
Wow, absolutely epic reply. I tip my fedora at you, sir.
>>
>>84204727
I have already defended those previous films as well-made blockbuster cinema. The MCU isn't even that. It's glorified TV shows shat out twice a year by a committee of Disney suits who don't give a single fuck about artist vision so long as they can milk the kiddies.

And again, it's honestly baffling to me how stubborn you are in keeping this act up. And I'm starting to believe that you're underaged as fuck to believe the genre started with MCU.
>>
>>84204366
To call every comic book "children's entertainment" is just ignorant. Wanna bash capes? Sure, go ahead. But saying that all comics are capes is like saying all movies are Summer Blockbusters.
>>
>>84204732
Oh yes, The Dark Knight it's pure le kino, right?
The guy in the retarded Bat costume fighting le wacky clown made me think so much.
>>
>>84204758
Oh boy, not only capegarbage apologists, but comic manchildren are in here too.
Simply pathetic.
Do you also like le ebin videogames?

>>84204756
You know what's a well made blockbuster?
LOTR, not these forgettable capeturds.
>>
Just for this thread and all the posters in it, I'm creating five more Marvel-praise threads.
>>
File: the_dark_knight_7.jpg (587KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the_dark_knight_7.jpg
587KB, 1600x1200px
>>84204765
Yes it's a much better film than anything in the MCU with memorable performances and ton of iconic scenes. Something the MCU will never have because its directors are encouraged to just do what their big boss Kevin Feige tells them so they can rush their TV shows out in time for the next summer season.
>>
>>84204756
No, the genre began with laughable flicks like Superman.
>>
>>84204796
It's capeshit, it's automatically discarded.
No argument needs to be made because only obese manchildren eat these up.
>>
>>84204715
He's not going to name them because that would require him to make himself vulnerable to criticism.
>>
File: mary jane.jpg (403KB, 1400x2010px) Image search: [Google]
mary jane.jpg
403KB, 1400x2010px
Do you remember the music of the last Marvel movie you watched?

No you didn't. Because their goal isn't to make it memorable. It's to make it bland and forgettable and as inoffensive as possible. These people aren't artists. They're businessmen. And businessmen only see numbers. The music actually reflects the entirety of MCU films. Because the music is just one example of just how forgettable and boring these Marvel movies are.

They are focus-tested. They are reshot. They are studied and tweaked over and over and over again so that it has exactly filled all the boxes of its checklist. The director doesn't direct. He does what he's told from his corporate bosses that see him as a tool, a puppet, more than an artist. This isn't film. This is just mindless trash for the brain to passively consume for an hour and half.
>>
>>84204257
>Iron Man 1?
>Days of The Future Past?
>Logan?
>Captain America Winter Soldier?
>>
>>84204796
I like the Joker. He's a lot like me. Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>84204822
Criticism from manchildren who eat up superhero trash?
That would be a sight to see.

>>84204828
What about them?
>>
>>84204820
>No argument needs to be made
That's because you are unable to make an argument because judging by this thread you are a mentally ill MCU apologist who can't cope with the fact that MCU is bottom of the barrel trash in a genre that used to be doing pretty well before Disney forcing their way in. Seek help you sad fuck.
>>
>>84204590
This,
why does marvel have such shit sense of """"""""""humor"""""""""""
>>
>>84204828
>Iron Man 1
Average.
>Days of Futures Past
Shit.
>Logan
If it were ANY more capeshit I would have discarded it, but it's ok
>Winter Soldier

fuck off
>>
>>84204845
So what are your favorite movies, then?
>>
>>84204850
Says the one who's only argument to defend these turds is force neckbeard fanboy fights.
>>
>>84204647
Makes perfect sense. Me as well as my normie family keked when we watched it together. Have you ever considered that you're a fucking autist.
>>
>>84204845
Notice how you still didn't name any movies? Because that would require you to make yourself vulnerable to criticism.
>>
>>84204850
Yeah, turds like X-Men 3, Iron Man, Spiderman 3, Spiderman 2.
They totally were not garbage.
>>
>>84204825
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSGNmaIBww8

What is the MCU equivalent of this?
>>
>>84204786
>I'm such a pathetic loser that I have to knock down everything I don't have any knowledge of

Jeez anon, I knew 4chan was full of autists, but I never thought it'd meet genuine retards. I gotta introduce you to my thrice-removed niece. She's got down syndrome so I think you'd get along jsut fine!
>>
>>84204796
when the best entry in the genre is TDK you've got to wonder

I like the film as simple blockbuster entertainment but let's not get ahead of ourselves the main gripe lies within the quality of the movies produced.
Western and Noir lasted for decades and in their time produced some of the best cinematic entries and left a landmark in history of film.

Now where is the superhero equivalent of that? It remains to be seen...
>>
File: dc-.png (576KB, 793x600px) Image search: [Google]
dc-.png
576KB, 793x600px
>marlel
>>
File: 1497997172722.jpg (143KB, 480x470px) Image search: [Google]
1497997172722.jpg
143KB, 480x470px
>>84204606
You have to realize that a lot of these people are fucking autists that cant understand simple jokes, and merely watch movies to nitpick and find things wrong with them rather than to enjoy them and be entertained.
>>
>>84204825
Nothing related to superheroes will ever be art.
Maybe the soundtracks of their movies, but anyone who has to put up with 2 hours of a guy wearing a costume that resembles an ant will fall asleep.
>>
>>84204914
So either le wacky comedy or cringeworthy melodramatism.
Remember when blockbusters used to be movies like LOTR?
>>
>>84204825
What is the MCU equivalent of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX3coWDnTrU
>>
People in this thread, what are your favorite movies?
>>
>>84204891
>M-MY COMICS ARE ART I SWEAR, THEY ARE SO SERIOUS, LIKE WHEN HULK BECAME A CANIBAL, REEEE
What did the manchild mean by this?
>>
>>84204828
>winter soldier
overblown garbage

It just goes to show how low the bar for action movies is nowdays when the aesthetic change of the Winter soldier is enough for people to celebrate.
>>
>>84204948
Either nobody will answer, or you'll get tons of responses featuring underground French & Balkan art-house with some British cinema thrown in. /tv/ is full of pretentious autists, and the sooner you understand that, the more laughable this place will become.
>>
File: hulks_mh_111212.jpg (41KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
hulks_mh_111212.jpg
41KB, 560x415px
>>84204956
>still butthurt over Ang Lee Hulk being miles about the cartoon kiddy shit in MCU
Shame we're past the era of filmmakers allowed CREATIVITY in this genre. Now it's all safe bland Disney garbage defended by its paid shills online.
>>
>>84204945
Better stick to soundtracks, don't wanna post the movies themselves unless you want retarded characters in retarded costumes fighting retarded villains with no motivation.
>>
>>84204969
>pretentious
Ok so that word is thrown around a lot and why is somebody who pick a nonenglish speaking film considered pretentious?

do enlighten me anon
>>
>>84204980
I never watched either Hulk movie because he seems like an even dumber character than usual

>AGGHHH SMASH
Dayumn, this is where art is born, right'
>>
File: look around nigga.png (497KB, 431x700px) Image search: [Google]
look around nigga.png
497KB, 431x700px
>>84204969
>implying it's not one MCU shill pretending he's above the genre when he's incredibly asshurt MCU is the lowest of the low
>>
>>84204948
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Drive
Equilibrium
Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain
>>
>>84204991
And which nonenglish speaking films do you like?
>>
except amazing spider-man is the best superhereo film of recent times
>>
>>84205011
>Kingsman: The Secret Service
Comic, so trash.
Nice try.
>>
>>84205006
>AGGHHH SMASH
He never says that in the Lee version.
>>
>>84204956
>can't seperate the medium from one aspect of it

Hey, I can do that too!

>M-MY MOVIES ARE ART I SWEAR, THEY ARE SO SERIOUS, LIKE WHEN BEN AFFLECK THE DRILL GUY GOT TRAINED TO BE AN ASTRONAUGHT AND BLOW UP COMMETS, REEEEEE

Huh, easier than expected. Let's do another one.

>M-MY MOVIES ARE ART I SWEAR, THEY ARE SO SERIOUS, LIKE WHEN SETH ROGEN MADE A WEED JOKE AND THEN FOLLLOWED WITH A FART JOKE, REEEEE

Goddamn, that's fun!

>M-MY MOVIES ARE ART I SWEAR, THEY ARE SO SERIOUS, LIKE WHEN ICE CUBE HAD TO TAKE HIS GIRLFRIEND'S KIDS TO THEIR DAD, REEEEE

What did you mean by this you pretentious, retarded faggot?
>>
>>84205029
Then he says
>AGHGGGGG

It's so deep, so dense, capecrap has so many things going on.
>>
>>84204983
>This is your brain on MCU garbage
>>
How do we fix Marvel?
>>
>>84205025
Stop pretending to be me, please.
>>
>>84205043
>i-i swear, supertrash is good

>>84205050
Close it down, move on from superheroes.
>>
>>84205040
I thought you said you haven't seen it? Why are you suddenly pretending you have? Honestly MCU shills always do this transparent fake act that is so easy to call out.
>>
>>84204991
I'm not from the US, and I'm not saying foreign films aren't good. I'm just saying that the "auters" here will pick the worst foreign films just to be all "you just don't understand it pleb".
>>84205008
Maybe.
>>
ITT: Comic book haters argue with themselves

It's pretty funny, you both clearly despise Marvel and yet you're wasting all your time arguing with each other.
>>
>>84205070
So what does he say?
Do tell, what did capetrash tell you, how to kill retarded villains?
>>
>>84205013
well my favorites are wages of fear, yojimbo, high and low, fallen angels, sonatine and the red circle
>>
>>84205095
No you don't get to back away now you cocksucker. Why were you first pretending you were too smart to watch Hulk and now you've pretended you've seen it? Why are you being such a two-faced lying cocksucker online? What do you and your shitty MCU gain from this? Your act has been called out a hundreds time already.
>>
File: cmon.jpg (17KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
cmon.jpg
17KB, 600x315px
>>84205091
>they're having a discussion about things they don't like
>suckers!!
>>
>>84205091
No, I despise superhero media.
The others unironically eat it up and think they are above anything because they don't consume it's lowest form.

>look I don't snort coke, I only take pills
>>
>>84205071
> I'm just saying that the "auters" here will pick the worst foreign films just to be all "you just don't understand it pleb".

true to an extent sometimes people do go for most obscure stuff they can find
>>
>>84205119
I gain a lot from the death of superhero genre, the entire industry does.
>>
>>84205126
See
>>84205008
That's you. And this whole thread has been a giant dildo up your MCU shilling ass.

>b-but all capeshit is as bad as muh MCU
Eat shit you lying fuck.
>>
>>84205122
No, they're flinging shit at each other trying to ruin this thread, meanwhile there's a highly successful Marvel thread going on right now that they could be shitposting to death but no, they're wasting time here.
>>
>>84205148
>Y-YOU ARE LYING
The poor capeshitter trying to defend the bottom of the barrel of Hollywood.
The MCU has been shitting in an ocean of piss.
>>
>>84205170
He's still doing it. This is your brain on Disney wages, everyone.
>>
>>84205149
It's a superhero thread, there's nothing to ruin.
You don't belong in /tv/ in the first place.
>>
>>84205192
>in /tv/
>in
And you're still trying to mask that you're anything but a third-worlder MCU shill. It's hilarious seeing you desperately damage control the state of the MCU this hard. Not even Marvel fanboys are this delusional.
>>
>capeshitters think ANY of their movies have anything against Lord of the Rings, Skyfall or Terminator

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>ITT
>look mom, I'm ridiculing something, I'm mature
>can I have tendies now?
>>
>>84205219
>Skyfall
You mean the Skyfall that directly copied TDK's tone?

Also
>>84205192
>>84205219
Same person.
>>
>>84205214
Any superhero apologist is a schyzo, what are you talking about?
There's literally nothing to discuss in these movies.
They don't have depth, they don't cover themes, they don't have anything.
Piles of people in stupid costumes.
>>
>>84205223
For the hundredth time, it's the same MCU shill going all out damage control. He always does this when his shitty TV show films are called out. It's scripted as fuck.
>>
File: 1490345092786.png (16KB, 399x176px) Image search: [Google]
1490345092786.png
16KB, 399x176px
>>84205230
What?
Both Casino Royale and QoS had serious tones.
Except QoS and TDK sucked.
>>
>>84205245
>This is your brain on Disney wages
>>
>>84204956
>>84205034
Still waiting for an answer you faggot.
>>
You all sound like the idiot from this thread.

>>84201568
>>
>>84205272
You read comics, you have nothing of value to say about anything.
>>
File: SO DEEP AND EPIC.jpg (639KB, 2496x1920px) Image search: [Google]
SO DEEP AND EPIC.jpg
639KB, 2496x1920px
>>84205267
>This is your brain on capeshit
>>
>tony is a douche
>learns his lesson
>goes back to being a douche in the next movie anyway
This happens in every fucking movie, too.
>>
>>84205286
You shill on 4chan and then act like you're anything but a desperate MCU apologist with this damage control attitude. You as a human being have literally zero value to anyone.
>>
File: 1497626548364.jpg (62KB, 640x763px) Image search: [Google]
1497626548364.jpg
62KB, 640x763px
>>84205286
HAHAHAHAHA

The faggot literally bailed out! HAHAHAHA... Here, have an Iron Pepe you triggered retard!
>>
File: ART.jpg (398KB, 879x1085px) Image search: [Google]
ART.jpg
398KB, 879x1085px
>>84205308
Says the comic manchild.
>>
>>84205263
Skyfall did copy TDK just google it and get some information from Mendes's own words
>>
I stopped watching their movies after cw. Too formulaic and too long. Avengers 2 was the worst offender 2,3 hrs of quips and predictable plot.
>>
>>84205330
>he has that image saved pretending he doesn't read comics
Literally the same shills saying Kevin Feige is the best because he's "loyal to the comics".
>>
>he keeps ignoring the MCU apologist accusation
You know what, I believe you. His posts are so repetitive and scripted.
>>
>>84205336
Well, good thing he was a much better director than Nolan.
Then again, talent does't fall for capeshit.
>>
>>84205349
Dunno what you were expecting.

people like to shit on the transformers movies but they're in the same league
>>
>>84205367
well Nolan can't film action for shit that's for sure

and TDK was mostly inspirational in the terms of the tone of the film but Nolan kind of accidentaly gave birth to the dark brooding hero we see so often nowdays or better yet to the "dark and serious" remakes we see
>>
>>84205358
I know they are stupid precisely because I use to read them.
I wasted 2 weeks of my life on The Dark Knight Returns and some comic about Spiderman and Silver Surfer.
>>
>>84205336
Now watch him backtrack and pretend he didn't say Skyfall or it was ironic or something.

This is their act. This is the MCU shill modus operandi. Every thread. Every day. For years.
>>
>>84204287
>even when the story has no use for them.
When have they ever been used when the story had no use for them?
>>
>>84205401
How the fuck does it take two weeks to read a single comic book? Are you retarded?
>>
>>84205401
>2 weeks
>to read TDKR
>the comic only r/eddit likes

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>84204534
>or even simply talented at making exciting action set pieces or memorable characters? Of course not.
Why not? As much as it triggers the autismos on /tv/, the airport scene is widely recognised as one of the greatest CBM action sequences ever. Marvel are busty turning C and D list characters into fan favourites while their competitors can barely make Batman or Superman bearable.
>>
>>84205336
Skyfall has much more than tone.
The only thing TDK has is that, that it's a superhero movie with a serious tone.
The plot isn't anything special, the Joker wanting to create chaos is a dumb as fuck motivation no matter how you put it, Batman's voice is fucking retarded, the action scenes are awful, and up until the end it doesn't even feel like a Batman flick, it just feels like a boring cop movie.
>>
>>84204647
You don't appear to know the meaning of the word.
>>
All right, I'm bored. You guys are boring. Night.
>>
>>84205434
So what comics does /tv/ like, the Marvel one where two heros commit incest?
The one where Batman morphs into a flying blade?
The one about how Iron Man is suddenly a strong and independant black woman who don't need no character development?
>>
>>84204825
>Do you remember the music of the last Marvel movie you watched?
Yes. The GotG theme is great.
>>
>>84205523
Now this capeshit apologist thread can finally die.

>>84205536
Sure it is, reddit.
>>
>>84205530
>hasn't read anything besides capes
>hasn't even read any good capes
>regards edgy Miller's Daredevil reheated scraps as the pinnacle

BOI
>>
>>84205308
>projecting this hard
>>
>>84205555
>unironically even mentioning Miller
It's like you want to prove him right.
Might as well recommend one of the many comics Bendis spent destroying Scarlet Witch as a character.
>>
>>84205554
I'm sure your heart pounds with each post as you feel that adrenaline rush you get from internet arguments. You just can't get enough. You have to be the last word.
>>
>>84205577
That would imply yours has any value, capeturd.
>>
>>84205554
It is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isl7vY5FjAE
>>
>>84205587
This sad as fuck MCU apologist can't stop.
>>
>>84205572
He brought up TDKR. Miller wrote it. I can't call it "TDKR by... that guy". Much of a hack as he is, it is his book. The pleb needs to know who wrote it.

>Bendis
All Bendis books should be burned to the ground anon.
>>
>>84205606
I love how you keep trying to force that I'm an MCU shill because you are too afraid that you like a cancerous genre such as capeshit.
>>
>>84205606
Keep him going, it's funny. And then create a new thread when this one hits 300 so that he can't stop.
>>
>>84205606
You seem butthurt that everyone else has fun with MCU movies but you can't.
>>
>>84205587
By that logic it's pretty pathetic that you get so excited about arguing with a capeshitter.
>>
File: marvel-bob.gif (41KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-bob.gif
41KB, 300x225px
>>84205632
You have been destroyed numerous times, starting with >>84204308
and you're still at it. Face it, you simply can't admit that MCU is the lowest low of the genre. It pains you to admit it. So you'll keep up this act. You'll pretend it's not MCU that's the problem, it's the whole genre. Maybe that will fool you into accepting Feige's literal feces but even there comes a point where you're looking at a CGI airport and thinking this isn't right. Even then.
>>
>>84205606
>>84205633
Hey capeshitters, still waiting
>>84205219

Oh wait, you can't reply?
Because every single superhero movie is about beating a dumb, undereveloped, motivation-less moustache-twisting villain?
Because the main characters can't be taken seriously since they spent the entire time in dumb as shit costumes in what should be our modern world?
Characters that are NEVER developed at all and always follow the exact same arc of "status quo, get beaten, then beat the villain"?
Thought so.
>>
>>84205669
>This is your brain on Disney wages
>>
>>84205666
trips of truth
>>
File: 1484364661523.jpg (389KB, 2000x1389px) Image search: [Google]
1484364661523.jpg
389KB, 2000x1389px
>>84205666
>You have been destroyed numerous times, starting with >>84204308
What about it?
The only thing I see there is cinematography, and even then you still have literally no examples that get close to this.
>>
>>84205685
>when you run out of arguments so you can only follow a cycle of repeating the same post over and over again
Poor thing has watched so many of these formulaic, repetitive movies that follow the same structure so much that even his personality has become repetitive.
>>
>>84205666
MCU are by far the lowest of the low in cinema.
The thing is that the superhero genre, as a whole, is the lowest genre in media, too.

You think that because you prefer 2/10s to 1/10s, you are superior to anyone?
>>
>>84204590
I legitimately do not understand this joke, or understood it in the theatre. Nobody even laughed. It made no fucking sense at all.
>>
>>84204590
>While Raimi, Del Toro, Burton and Nolan were all going wild with the source material
What?
In what way?
>>
File: 1478102880998.jpg (3MB, 2220x3435px) Image search: [Google]
1478102880998.jpg
3MB, 2220x3435px
>>84205688
Nigger, when was I ever arguing against Skyfall? I enjoyed it like I enjoyed TDK, Raimi Spider-Mans, Snyder Superman, Burton Batman. Lee Hulk. Del Toro Hellboy.

Do you know why? All those things have something MCU doesn't. Do you know what that is? An actual artist at the top making the decisions that will further his own vision for the film. That's the very core of filmmaking. That there is an artist behind it. There is no artist behind MCU. It's anti-art. It's anti-film. It's even anti-entertainment unless you are entertained by the visual equivalent to McDonald's. Anyone that is this eager to pull down the works of artists to the assembly-line productions of Disney is a simple shill. There is no way a reasonable man would argue for this.
>>
>>84204208
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Funny/DoctorStrange2016

This is your brain on Marvel.
>>
>>84205752
If you can't understand why people enjoy MCU movies more than Snyder's Superman or Ang Lee's Hulk then there's a chance you're on the spectrum. There's more to the art of storytelling than cinematography.
>>
>>84205801
I can understand people enjoying MCU the same way they enjoy McDonald's. I never claimed otherwise.
>>
>>84205752
No, there's a difference: Skyfall is not capeshit, the characters have actual development, the villain has, although simple, clear motivations.
What do the others have?
They have nothing.
They are movies about people wearing stupid costumes beating stupid villains wearing other kind of stupid costumes.
You know why they are bad?
Because they are based on material made for children.
They are power fantasies, they are supposed to always win, they can NOT run into any danger.
You will never fear for the lives of anyone in these movies because nothing will ever happen to them, the only lives at risk are the ones of the villains.

The only thing you managed to post was cinematography, because that's the only thing these movies are capable of delivering.
They don't have interesting plots, or interesting characters, there's nothing interesting about superheroes, they are simply excuses for dumb superpowers to happen.
Their entire personality revolves around that superpower, they don't have identities of their own.

What does Batman do?
He beats people while wearing a dumb Bat cosplay.

What does Spiderman do?
He crawls and throws webs, like a spider.
Oh wait, because he's called SPIDERMAN?

What does Captain America do?
He's a soldier, and he has nothing more than that.

Don't you see here what's wrong with these movies?
The characters don't have anything else but beating the bad guy.
>>
>>84204208
Are they ever gonna stop making money?

Like when are they gonna run out of movies to make, and only have stupid shit comics to source from?
>>
>>84205813
You typed all that shit out while being so blatantly false from the start

>What do the others have?
The same merits for Skyfall that you just mentioned. Keep up this act of intentional retardation though.
>>
File: Legion3x3.jpg (3MB, 5752x3232px) Image search: [Google]
Legion3x3.jpg
3MB, 5752x3232px
>>84204263
>TV directors
>>
>>84205807
No amount of artistry will make a turd sandwich more appetizing than a Big Mac.
>>
>>84204647
>>84204290
it's actually the same as DC's
>-it wouldbe painfull..
>-you're a big guy!
>-...for you
>>
File: 1475132405999.jpg (52KB, 570x466px) Image search: [Google]
1475132405999.jpg
52KB, 570x466px
>>84205829
>I-IT'S NOT TRUE
Oh boy, the arguments of these capeshit apologists REALLY makes me think.

I'm going to ask you one thing.
Look at this picture and tell me you can take a movie starring this dumbass seriously.

>The same merits for Skyfall that you just mentioned
This fucking picture is why you can't even compare them.
It's the embodiment of why superhero movies will always be the laughstock of Hollywood, and why no actor or director will ever take them even remotely seriously to make a movie accurate to comic books, because if they were to put 100% what the comic books show everyone would laugh at them.

One thing I find it very funny is that a lot of people tend to like Batman because he is "very human".
Who the fuck goes out to the streets in a dumb as fuck bat costume to beat criminals?
How the fuck can anyone watch these movies and not laugh their ass off all the way through?
The very concept of movies like TDK, or that shitty Fantastic 4 movie, or the first Iron Man, that they try to be even remotely serious, is fucking hilarious.
You can see in these movies that even the makers that lowered themselves to make this trash are absolutely embarassed of making them.
>>
>>84204308
>capekino
you mean copykino
>>
File: superman's world.jpg (65KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
superman's world.jpg
65KB, 480x480px
>>84205911
The merit you wrote for Skyfall

>the characters have actual development, the villain has, although simple, clear motivations.
Applies just as well if not more so to the superhero films I mentioned.
>>
>>84205930
No, not at all.
The character development superheros in movies have is
>oh boy, this guy has beaten me in beginning of the second act, just HOW will I beat him at the end of this act so we can go back to the status quo?
>>
>>84205940
Now you're being intentionally retarded again.
>>
>>84204732
Is that from a finished movie? Nothing on those special effects sit right there.
>>
>>84205949
Don't worry, it'll only be worrying when I start liking capeshit.
By the way, I love how you posted Snyder because he's the biggest case of
>LOOK, SUPERHEROES ARE NOT A FUCKING JOKE, LOOK HOW BADASS THEY ARE
when what I got was a dude in a cape beating another dude into the ground and calling him a motherfucker.
Truly sad.

Even more sad is that his capeshit is the only one that got the ratings they deserved.
Looks like with WW DC followed the Marvel formula of bribing everyone.
>>
>>84206001
Wow, how could you tell?
>>
>>84204647
ahahahahaha

i couldn't stop laughing! GET IT? IT'S A FUNNY MEME! FUNNY JOKE QUIP, 9/10 ON ROTTEN TOMATOES NEEDS MORE DIVERSITY THOUGH
>>
>>84205666
>>84205686
this blatant samefaggery
>>
>>84206544
stay bootyblasted
>>
File: fuckoff.png (7KB, 425x205px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.png
7KB, 425x205px
>>84206544
you were saying?
>>
File: 1491028689552.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491028689552.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
>>84206631
>booty
>>
>>84206715
Yes that's you.
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.