[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cast your votes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 4021706-4097278905-Aku_I.png (392KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4021706-4097278905-Aku_I.png
392KB, 1024x768px
http://www.strawpoll.me/13257849/
>>
Episode 1-3 were phenomenal. It got worse and worse after that. What went wrong?
>>
File: Samurai Knack.png (557KB, 1000x532px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Knack.png
557KB, 1000x532px
Episodes one two threeno
>>
>>84192560
I think every episode could've been extended to 45 minutes. It could've fleshed things out much better.
>>
>>84193667
Also should have not gone with a gurren laggan ending
>>
Poll seems accurate so far. Show dropped in quality hard and fast.
>>
>>84193944
It's mostly that episode 2 was so unbelievably good that it was too hard to top.
the rest of the season was mostly fine aside from pacing troubles, and it wasn't until the finale that it completely ruined the entire show.
>>
File: 1480914696582.png (428KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
1480914696582.png
428KB, 558x744px
>>84193902
>watching animu
>>
>>84194274
>As apposed to watching western animu.
>>
>>84194274
I didn't watch gurren laggan.
I'm criticizing Genndy for ctrl+c/ctrl+v an animu
>>
>>84193220
This.

It was way to rushed after. They didn't need to ad Ashi since it ended up taking up all the limited time and ended up jam packing the rest into the last episode.
>>
>>84193902
Stop claiming Guren Laggan owns that type of ending. Its been a trope since Greek Tragedy.
>>
>>84194623
Greek tragedies own the concept of your superpowered fiance succumbing to nonexistence while walking to the altar as a direct result of killing the antagonist?
>>
>>84194680
yes look up Orpheus.
>>
File: (You).jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
49KB, 480x480px
it was fine just way too rushed

there didnt need to be 5 episodes dedicated entirely to the development of jack and aishis relationship

there was more time spent on the spaceship battle than both aku fights and the epilogue combined. It almost feels like a storyboard error looking back at it
>>
It was okay, the problem was that it wasn't as exciting as episodes 2 and 3.
>>
>>84194814
I said succumbing to nonexistence not getting a snake bite and having a failed resurrection.
While it's true that every story in existence has inspirations from some kind of work, whether it's greek or not, it's up to them to provide a unique portrayal.
comparison; Star Wars did not invent the heroes journey, but if an unrelated movie ended with the hero flying a starfighter through a trench to blow up a planet sized spacestation that had a planetbuster, I would accuse it of ripping star wars off.

side note, it's ironic that you bring up orpheus when the point of it is that you shouldn't dwell on the past or try to change it
>>
The ending should have been:

>Jack and Ashi go back in time to before Aku attacked Jack's homeland
>Defeat Aku in a legit battle, no side character orgy of reinforcements
>Go to his village with the intention to return to his old life
>Sees a young Jack playing in the streets with his friends, maybe even a girl
>Contemplates his place in this world for a second, looking around at the peaceful bustle of the city he was forced to leave behind
>Realizes that this is what he was fighting for, so that his people could have the life that he never got to enjoy
>accepts that he can never return, and that his younger self must grow into the Emperor he was born to be
>Jack and Ashi live happily ever after in a remote location as a paradox, the only remaining artifacts of Aku's reign

Perfectly bittersweet without the over the top tragic wedding bullshit
>>
>>84194274
reminder that 4chan is an otaku board and any faggot who doesn't watch anime stinks of reddit
>>
>>84192560
Eh, it was good enough. I had no problems with the plot, but it was way too rushed. It should have been double length or split over two episode. Had similar problems with the finale of Death Note.
>>
File: orpheus5125.jpg (323KB, 602x720px) Image search: [Google]
orpheus5125.jpg
323KB, 602x720px
>>84195320
>I said succumbing to nonexistence

Yeah, she disappears when Orpheus looks back, this is after she dies. But fine you got me the defeating bad guy and the wedding didn't happen when she disappeared.
>>
brraaaap
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.