[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alita: Battle Angel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: ALITA.jpg (503KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ALITA.jpg
503KB, 2560x1920px
> Director: Robert Rodriguez
> Producers: James Cameron and Jon Landau
> Budget: $175–$200 million

By deciding to only produce it did Cameron doom this movie? Are the Avatar sequels that important?
>>
>>84187336
This are threee of the big names in 80's to today cinema, I guess they can make the movie and no one really cares about the original work anymore, they can probably do a better movie than Gits.
>>
>>84187336
Honest question, what was the last good Robert Rodriguez movie?
>>
>>84188475
Sin City? Though I guess you could argue Predators.
>>
It really is fucked how two of the most effects-heavy directors in the industry with all the money in the world are almost guaranteed to produce a flop just because it's not built off of name recognition associated with toy brands like Marvel and Star Wars. Regardless of how good or bad the movie is, it doesn't even stand a chance. No recognizable actors in the lead (though even that isn't a I draw anymore). As short as 20 years ago this would have been a massive success specifically because it was an unknown original story, whereas nowadays that same aspect would be one of its biggest detriments.

For the next several weeks until pretty much the end of the summer you have an original or otherwise ambitious film coming out almost every week, and the ONLY one guaranteed to draw attention is Spider-Man. What have we done to get to this fucking point?
>>
>>84189498
There are a billion other means of escapism. Only the names people already have some degree of familiarity with will register on the average person's radar. Cameron's name being attached to this project might do it some favors.

Plus Cameron prefers to work with non-recognizable actors anyway. Though Rodriguez is at the helm and he is no Cameron. That's what I'm most concerned about with this project.
>>
>>84187336
This breaks my heart on so many levels.
Ironically I remember reading about cameron doing alita for real before seeing sin city and being all hyped up but also thinking "oh man 2008, that will be a long time from now".

Even if you had you told me rodriguez will do the movie I'd have fucking looked forward to it.

Now rodriguez is washed up and hasnt done a good movie in over 10 years and it looks like cameron is bailing because he wants to spend the rest of his life tweaking pubic hair on giant smurf native americans.
>>
The intro sound is nice

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1498166800573.webm
>>
>>84188722

>Predators

>Eric Forman: "You are a good man after all."
>The Pianist: "No. I'm not...but I'm fast. "

Fucking no way!
>>
>>84190137
>it looks like cameron is bailing because he wants to spend the rest of his life tweaking pubic hair on giant smurf native americans
To be fair, he seems to want to have his own massive franchise under his belt before he kicks the bucket. I'm sure both Terminator and Alien are tainted beyond repair in his mind. Alita at most would probably only offer one or two additional sequels and it isn't his original property.

Scott expressed similar sentiment with his goal to turn Alien into a Star Wars-sque franchise and keeping other directors away (shutting down Blomkamp's Alien 5).
>>
>>84190163
> Harold Allen Ramis never will plays Dr. Daisuke Ido role

;_;
>>
File: 010_1497967387.png (748KB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
010_1497967387.png
748KB, 1114x1600px
>>84190312
>Alita at most would probably only offer one or two additional sequels and it isn't his original property.
Technically the manga is still running.
>>
>>84190560
Yeah. But he probably wants his own brand out there.

I'd love to see Cameron put his touch on Battle Girl. I trust him to adapt anime/manga well. He hasn't made a bad film yet.
>>
File: kahlan sad ttt.jpg (46KB, 528x604px) Image search: [Google]
kahlan sad ttt.jpg
46KB, 528x604px
>>84187336
I lost all hope in the project after cameron left as director. rodriguez simply doesn't play in the same league.
cameron was planning on doing alita instead of avatar, using the same motion capture tech. would've been awesome :(
>>
>>84192879
Rodriguez wrote and directed pic related

But on a serious note, at least Cameron wrote the script and is taking a supervisory position for Battle Girl. Rodriguez can't screw it up too much can he? He just needs to color between the lines.
>>
>>84189498
>flop

I fucking hate people like you who gauge success based upon income and not quality.
>>
>>84193276
Income is important. A film's success or failure influences whether or not we'll see other things like it.
>>
>>84188475
Machete
>>
>>84187336
>Avatar sequels
Those movies are never happening. I've been hearing about them since the first movie came out, and that was almost a decade ago.
>>
Rodriguez is best for action movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQE9eEmu1b4
>>
>>84193815
Not even kidding, that ten minute film school is really inspirational.

Also Rebel without a crew is fantastic
>>
I NEED IMAGES NOT ONLY THE POSTER REEEE
>>
Is El Mariachi good?
>>
File: Rosa Salazar.jpg (103KB, 668x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Rosa Salazar.jpg
103KB, 668x1000px
> Pic related is our titular battle angel
wew... can she act?

Jennifer Connelly and Christoph Waltz are in this. Maybe there's hope yet.
>>
>>84187336
>By deciding to only produce it did Cameron doom this movie?
Yes. It likely won't be a success anymore without Cameron directing.
>>
>>84187419
>they can probably do a better movie than Gits
And what was wrong with GITS. Also, studios need to stop giving big or ambitious projects to no name and lackluster directors.
>>
It's an adaptatsion of an anime. It was never going to be good.
Not even James Cameron could save it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.