[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is film dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: anxiety.jpg (54KB, 629x382px) Image search: [Google]
anxiety.jpg
54KB, 629x382px
I want to pursue film/ being a filmmaker, but literally nobody goes to theaters anymore except to see blockbusters and marvel movies. I'm going to become a filmmaker of some sort, but it seems the most realistic option is to make a non-linear tv show like Black Mirror, ect. As opposed to making feature films. What's going to happen to movies in the next 20 years? Thoughts?
>>
Maybe there'll be a cinematic movement similar to french new wave where a bunch of shitposters from /tv/ make it big
>>
File: image.jpg (477KB, 1424x2016px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
477KB, 1424x2016px
>>84181926
As long as it's creative and interesting, I'm sure people will see it. If film is what you want to get into, then go for it. Who knows, you might make the next big sleeper hit. Good luck, man.
pic unrelated
>>
people still watch movies at home
>>
>>84181926
I am gonna sound like an asshole but the idea that you think it's realistic to have your own tv show is hilarious. I am just being real. This is the same as some teen in Arkansas wanting to be an actress and the most realistic thing is to get on a hit show.
>>
>>84181926
no, its changing a great deal though. You can either go for the terrance malick style, where you make "art" (and have to pay for it yourself) thats actually quite good but never makes any money because mass audiences are simple minded folks and want to see guns and explosions and fast cars and another fast and furious movie. Or you can make those michael bay type movies that have little integrity but almost always break even. Its always been this way more or less, hollywood is about making money and the industry has become so watered down these days you might have to sell your integrity to get your foot in the door
>>
You have to keep up with technology, kid.

Theaters and movies are a dying medium and tv shows and the internet are the future. If you really want to do this then forget about theaters and focus on doing quality shows, start with Youtube which is free and if you're good you can move up from there.
>>
>>84182800
Anything is possible nowadays. There are assholes out there making big money just for being a fucking meme. in the age of social media, all he needs is the right connections and a good fan base and anything can happen.
>>
>>84183122
I am not saying it's impossible. I am saying that calling it the "most realistic option" is reaching. The most realistic option is short movie on youtube. Reaching your own tv show is almost impossible,just because there is a lot of popular shows today,it doesn't mean that every one got made. In fact for every show that airs,there is 100 that didn't.
>>
>>84182800

It's less 'my own' TV show and more just giving me the means to tell the stories I want to tell. I never said it would be easy, but I think in comparison to wanting to be an actor, if you have genuine talent and the willingness to put a fuckton of time into it, it's accomplishable.

>>84182899

Yeah, Malick is one of my favourites actually. But I wasn't aware he pays for his own films. I thought he was just really popular with a handful of super rich people in hollywood that like his films? I heard he's wealthy on his own

I kinda want to find a compromise between integrity and art. I think I can make something that's unique, but the mainstream is drawn towards it because of that particular individuality. Think Wes Anderson or Stranger things.
>>
>>84183179
My apologies, I thought you were just shitting on his dream of being a filmmaker.
>>
Your youTube channel has no content. Film makers make films.
>>
>>84183277
>I think I can make something that's unique, but the mainstream is drawn towards it because of that particular individuality.

Don't tell us, show us. But good luck out there, anon. I plan on going into acting sometime this year and running a YouTube channel for short films made by local directors. I don't know where it'll take us, but hopefully I see you at the top.
>>
>>84183825

I'll show you one day. And I hope to see you there too man.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.