[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 34

File: IMG_20170622_101346.jpg (141KB, 758x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170622_101346.jpg
141KB, 758x1200px
>>
Gonna be epic!!!
>>
What kingdom?
>>
>>84179992
Magic Kingdom
>>
>>84179926
>It's real

Jesus
>>
Dinokino is coming
>>
>>84179964
The Chris Pratt & Bryce Dallas Howard characters from the first movie are two of the worst characters ever created
>>
>>84180057

Also JW was worst Jurassic movie...
>>
File: IMG_5092.jpg (125KB, 640x1055px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5092.jpg
125KB, 640x1055px
>>84179992
I think it might be hinting towards taxonomic rank, like what we see in biology perhaps ?
>>
>>84180057
They are not characters, they are 2 dolls.
>>
>>84180135
Dennis Nedry is more memorable than both of them combined. I can't remember any of their names, nor do I have any reason to. Trevorrow is such a fucking hack god damn
>>
>embers and ash
Is this the new blue and orange? It's fucking everywhere
>>
>>84180769
I don't want to be that guy but you remember all the Jurassic Park characters because you saw it as a kid, liked it, and have seen it several times since. If you had only seen it once you wouldn't remember anything about it.
>>
>>84180086
JW was good though.
>>
>>84180901

Yes.

But I really like all JP movies. Very entertaining movies. But JW is worst. Still entertaining, but characters were not good. Didn't like any of them. Main two very just ok to tolerate.
>>
File: 1482789222514.jpg (96KB, 540x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482789222514.jpg
96KB, 540x1080px
>>84180057
>Bryce Dallas Howard characters from the first movie are two of the worst characters ever created
You might have a bad case of gay, son
>>
>using the meme catchphrase when his character is coming back to the saga

hmmm it really makes me think
>>
>>84180135
I think I'd unironically enjoy a dinosaur movie with dolls. Like Team America with dinosaurs
>>
>>84181233
>tropical rainforest
>she's walking around in all white
Was a stupid character the entire way through
>>
>>84181233
Those feet

HOLY FUGXD
>>
>>84181322
Any other fashion complaints you got, fag?
>>
>No feathers not even on velociraptors in which being covered in feathers is as factual as having bones.
Fuck this worthless ass movie pandering to highschool dropouts

Read a book you retards, this entire movie is inaccurate on every level

Even the sensationalist news about T rex having scales (In the same places feathered dinosaurs have scales you fucking retard) can't save this dumbass movie.

Call me when they properly have an island of giant avians
>>
>>84181233
Nigger, he said she was a terrible character, not that she was unattractive.
>>84181322
She didn't have time to change, apparently. Also, walking around a jungle in heels.

Which BDH unironically did by the way.
>>
File: jurassic.png (409KB, 599x605px) Image search: [Google]
jurassic.png
409KB, 599x605px
>>84179926
the fuck? wasn't it going to be called Jurassic O- something?
>>
>JW was bad because the characters were bad
>watching Jurassic ____ for the characters

fucking retards
>>
>>84181643
>Characters get 80% of screentime
I would tolerate shit characters if the filmmakers stopped pretending the movie was about them
>>
>>84181643
The original Jurassic Park film has great characters.

Also, Jurassic World is bad for many reasons. Most of it having to do with the script playing it super safe and not taking full advantage of it's setting/premise.
>>
>>84181741
>Most of it having to do with the script playing it super safe and not taking full advantage of it's setting/premise.

Oh, so we needed MORE regular park screentime?
>>
>>84179926
>Jeff Goldblum is gonna be in it
>Colin Trevorrow is gone, this time they've gotten a director who has some actual talent and style
Could be good.
>>
>>84181487
They felt obligated to put a spin on Lost World instead. Marketability, Goldblum being MC again, that stuff.
>>
>>84181781
This
The original JP had characters most people liked. So dont try and replicate it, one of the things ruining all the other films is the shoehorned bad characters.

Why not a film ABOUT the dinosaurs? The creators clearly dont want to write anything character driven, and so far no one wants to see anymore characters in a JP sequel
>>
>>84181855
Is Goldblum being the MC confirmed?
>>
>>84181781

Yes, actually. The concept of a exploring fully functional realization of Hammond's dream is far more interesting than anything to do with the film's actual conflict, and would have made the inevitable shit hitting the fan far more impactful if they'd focused on it more.

I would have cut out everything to do with the military guy trying to make dinosaurs into weapons, and had the Indominous been an accident brought on by the hubris of the scientists that created it.

>The problem with the scientific power that you're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you're selling it.

Would have worked well thematically with the "Verizon Wireless Presents: The Indominus Rex" thing. They got super successful, and that success lead them to getting cocky. That cockiness and lack of respect for what they've created leads to their downfall.

It would have been far more fitting of a Jurassic Park story, especially if they explored some of the themes explored in the book about the ethics of modifying and creating dinosaurs to make them as profitable as possible vs actually making them as scientifically accurate as possible. Doing it this way would have also added a bunch to the T-Rex conflict at the end, like the literal manifestation
>>
JW was a massive piece of shit and Goldblum is back to pick up another check. I see no reason why it won't be a spellbinding masterwork.
>>
>>84181977
Too bad they opted for zero feathers so nostalgic fucktards who never went to college dont get triggered
>>
>>84179926
>That tagline
Ian Malcolm confirmed?
>>
>>84181977
>They got super successful, and that success lead them to getting cocky. That cockiness and lack of respect for what they've created leads to their downfall.

That's exactly what happened in the movie
>>
>>84182043
>he doesnt know yet
>>
>>84182152
The Tyrannosaurus discovery only had scales in the exact same places its fluffy relative had them.

You fucktards only like internet journalists when their brand of stupid aligns with yours
>>
>>84181879
No, but it's doubtful. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed him off.
>>84182099
Are you retarded?
>>
>>84182043

The lack of feathers is fine in context of Jurassic Park, as they are genetically engineered monsters (with literal OS-style version numbers) designed to look like what InGen's geneticists assumed actual Dinosaurs looked like.

Considering Wu is now the head scientist, it makes sense they wouldn't update this despite modern paleontology has proven. In the novels, Wu was all for modifying dinosaurs heavily to make them more suitable theme park attractions and altering their DNA to meet consumer expectation. They're featherless because that's what the people running the park think people want to see when they go to a dinosaur zoo.

>>84182102

That is not what happened in the movie. Wu specifically designed it with Hoskins to be a super weapon, with the intent of eventually selling it. How did you miss this, it's literally the main conflict of the film?

A better way to execute this would have been to have them throwing in DNA from random sources without really putting too much thought into the side effects, and them giving it the camouflage ability that allowed it to escape without realizing it. Ironcially, a dinosaur that has that ability in the canon of the Lost World novel was on the list of DNA sources for Indominus. They had a perfect opportunity to work with it from that angle, but then threw it away for the generic WEAPONIZED DINOSAURS part.

Instead, Wu intentionally gave it Cuttlefish DNA and cloaking powers. It's lame.
>>
JP3 is the worst because it made zero sense.
>>
>>84182296

This explanation would be fine if twice in a row they did not excavate a fully preserved 8 foot velociraptor skeleton in the united states in these films
>>
inb4 military outfit comes in to capture dinosaurs and we end up with JP2 all over again
>>
File: 1411337722571.jpg (6KB, 167x250px) Image search: [Google]
1411337722571.jpg
6KB, 167x250px
>>84180086
>JW
>the worst
>not 2
how can you be so, so wrong. so bafflingly wrong. you absolute fucking monkey.
>>
>>84182517
Well the scientists working at the park wern't Palentologists.

Hense why they invited Grant and Sattler there in the first place, to get an expert's opinion on the park.
>>
>>84182502
JP3 is the worst because it made 10 year olds argue about if the dinosaur we have the most conclusive data for could win or lose against a dinosaur we have little to no understanding of
>>
File: 1465509100904.gif (641KB, 256x271px) Image search: [Google]
1465509100904.gif
641KB, 256x271px
Whyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>84182576
>>84180086

The jurassic park power rankings are even simpler than that:

1: Jurassic Park
Unnecessary shit: Every other film in the franchise.
>>
>>84181322
Well she planned to spend most of her time indoors I'm sure.

Also it's kind of a statement to wear white in the tropics, like that's how fucking collected you are. The weather means jack shit to you.
>>
>same fukn logo
aka no new big bad dino that will take over like spino
already off to a bad start
>>
>>84182576
>it's the "JP2 is bad" meme again

Jesus Christ...
>>
I'm only interested in this if they mean Magic Kingdom and they are putting dinosaurs in a Disney Park.
>>
>>84182704
except spino was trash
>>
>>84182704
Because nobody wants that. T-Rex is the mascot of the franchise and needs to stay that way. JP3 changed it. It's also terrible. That's not a coincidence.
>>
>>84182626
>weather means jack shit to you

Yeah say that when every day is 90% humidity including at night. Bullshit weather doesn't mean anything to you.
>>
>>84181487
That's Jurassic Outpost, a fan site that at the time was for Jurassic World news, but then had a name change as it now covers all things JP related.
>>
>>84182712
It's not painful but it's easily the worst and most bullshit, even the book has this "me too!" feel to it. It also curiously declares Malcolm not dead; I wonder if this was because the movie shows him escaping the island?

Vince Vaughn is terrible as some cringe anarchist and Julianne Moore is clueless, also bubble gum is really shitty adhesive. Typical Spielbergian nonsense.

Then a t-rex literally eats a city, I forgot which one. It's probably New York or something. And we are supposed to pretend the government doesn't quarantine and acquire every last cent of inGen and Hammond's estate in response to this clusterfuck.
>>
>>84182712
I hate JP2 but one point everyone gets wrong.
The hunters are not the good guys in anything but the eyes of the law.
There is no way you can hire that many people with no issue torturing wild animals and breaking their legs
>>
>>84179926

Jurassic World is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Same goes for Book of Henry.
>>
File: giv.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
giv.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>84182751
Well it matters to me but maybe not to BDH

maybe she has tiny pores

i want to sniff her tiny pores
>>
>>84181741
>The original Jurassic Park film has great characters.
Literally every complaint (minus the quality of visual effects) you people throw at Jurassic World was used against Jurassic Park by critics back in its initial release. The characters of JW weren't that bad and overall its a better film than the previous two. You want bad character drama? Look at Godzilla 2014.
>>
Are there seriously ppl in this world who don't like Jurassic World? Tell me so I can kick jur ass.
>>
File: 1498021223137.png (322KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1498021223137.png
322KB, 500x434px
>>84181367
>fictional creatures
>factual
>>
>>84182864
Breaking the infants leg was accidental, there's a deleted scene showing this, also it was in the novel.
>>
>>84181367
They already covered this; none of the "dinosaurs" in Jurassic Park are proper recreations of their genus. They have taken gross liberties with the genetics, even before Hammond. All the animals are chimeras.

Genetic material just doesn't survive millions of years, even in optimal storage conditions.
>>
Most Jp2 was awesome, at list everytime that took place on the island was. The baby trex scene, the velociraptors hunting, the compys chewing the the shit outta that taser guy. But then you get to the schlocky mess that is the last act with the trex running around a city. They blew that bit.
>>
>>84180861
Yeah I've been seeing it too
>>
>>84182921

Whoever complained about the characters in Jurassic Park is literal idiot. There's not a single character on that cast that isn't memorable thanks to both the excellent dialog and good performances all around, save for perhaps Dr. Harding. Some of them are a bit deeper than others and have stronger arcs, but all in all they each serve an important purpose in the film and are big part of the reason it's still so beloved today.

I was agreeing with you though. The story was more of an issue than the characters themselves, who are simply serviceable. Sorry if I worded you in a way that wasn't clear.
>>
>>84181367
Frog DNA patches prevented the formation of feathers.
>>
>>84183025
>Deleted Scene
Now thats just upsetting
>>
>>84183047
It's funny cause they've literally said this already twice on the series, once in JP3 when Grant is giving his talk and he says that the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are "genetically engineered theme park monsters", and again in Jurassic World when Wu tells Masrani that "if their genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different".
>>
>>84182576
You have abhorrent taste.
>>
>>84183151
Frog genetics actually accentuates a lot of traits
>>
>>84183118
Yeah even their clothic is iconic. This goes for every character. How many movies can say that?
The characters are perfectly fine for this type of movies and are played well. I don't know what people are expecting. Some kind of shakespearean ambiguity? At least Malcolm in the movie wasn't annoying like he was in the book.
>>
>>84181233
She is fantastic, but does not mean she is good, at last there.
I rewatched the first movie yesterday in an open theatre in Philly. It struck me how expressive and natural was Laura Dern and how the interactions with both Malcolm and Grant were better played.
I find Bryce more attractive than Dern but this dons't necessarily mean that I prefer the character and watch it more. If I want to fap there are other ways.

Characters from JP1 look like written by people that know people. When I think about JW or any other reboot/sequel, I think about what Miyazaki said about anime.
>>
>>84181367
I hate JW and this post is bullshit.
The point of the book was that those WERE NOT dinosaurs.Those were creatures recreated to look as similar as possible to the idea of dinosaurs that people had in that moment.
With the caveat that a lot of unpredicted shit could come out, see the Venomous Dilophosaurs.
>>
>>84181487
Jurassic Ouja
>>84182921

>Literally every complaint (minus the quality of visual effects) you people throw at Jurassic World was used against Jurassic Park by critics back in its initial release.
Citation needed. And I don't need critics, see the Thing or the praise to EP I, II and III.
>>
>>84183118
Muldoon was a stronger character with less screen time than the dumbass with the raptors..hell I can't even remember his name and I'm trying hard and they're literally the same character.
>>
>>84183286

I think the issue stems from having characters that are just okay. There's nothing WRONG with the characters in Jurassic World, but none of them are particularly memorable or interesting compared to it's predecessors. Save for maybe Claire if you're a waifufag.

Chris Pratt as Chris Pratt, D'Onofrio as cookie cutter military villain, kid as generic kid, etc.

This could be solved in a sequel by putting a bit more effort into fleshing out their personality and dialog, and by bringing in more character actors for the side characters that can bring a real charm to even the characters that don't get too much screen time.

This is something they're very clearly at least attempting to address, what with them digging up Goldblum's fossilized remains so that he can make an appearance.
>>
>>84183512
I mean the characters from Jurassic Park are sometimes said to be weak or shallow. It's coming from people who are somehow trying to justify the reason they don't rank JP as the best Steven Spielberg movie.
>>
>>84180769
>Trevorrow is such a fucking hack god damn

I hope that sniveling reddit darling suffers a prolonged agonizing death. Him and Gareth Edwards both.
>>
>>84183613

And those people are totally reaching. Jurassic Park isn't a character study, and each one of them serves their purpose just fine in context of the film's narrative.
>>
>>84181233
I don't care how many of my waifus they put in it. Nothing could ever make that movie watchable.
>>
>>84183490
>Citation needed
There's others. Too lazy to look it up right now though. But here's one of the kinder reviews of the time:

> "The movie delivers all too well on its promise to show us dinosaurs. We see them early and often, and they are indeed a triumph of special effects artistry, but the movie is lacking other qualities that it needs even more, such as a sense of awe and wonderment, and strong human story values." - Roger Ebert
>>
>>84183711
That's where you're wrong my friend. BDH makes almost anything enticing.
>>
>>84183739
Actually. One more.

> "Colossal entertainment—the eye-popping, mind-bending, kick-out-the-jams thrill ride of summer and probably the year... Compared with the dinos, the characters are dry bones, indeed. Crichton and co-screenwriter David Koepp have flattened them into nonentities on the trip from page to screen." - Peter Travers
>>
>>84182576

1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>W

They keep finding new lows to sink to.
>>
Ok so it's not The Lost Park: Jurassic World but at least it's title with a subtitle. Still following the pattern. Everything's alright.
>>
>>84183806
TLW is better than JP3 in all possible ways with the exception of Sam Neill whose Grant is better to Goldblum's Malcolm but both weren't used too good in their sequels
>>
>>84183153
It's just like when Spielberg implied the Nazis gassed and burned the Jews

he just makes shit up to make the villains more evil and unambiguous.
>>
>>84181367
Don't listen to all these fags and their frog DNA bullshit, they just did it so that the dinosaurs would look the way they did in old Jurassic Park. The "DNA hybrid" thing is just a fucking excuse.
>>
>>84183849
And I miss those JW threads from 2014/15 when we came to this conclussion. Great threads and great raptorposting.
>>
>>84183739
>the movie is lacking other qualities that it needs even more, such as a sense of awe and wonderment

Jesus Christ.

Did Ebert even watch the movie? The Brontosaurus scene is like one of the most textbook examples of how portray awe and wonderment on film, period.

>strong human story values

I don't see how this is even an issue, give that the film is focused more on it's broader themes about science, creation, and ethics.
>>
>>84179992
It takes place in UK
>>
File: 2017-06-22 13_00_46.jpg (116KB, 660x943px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-22 13_00_46.jpg
116KB, 660x943px
Animatronics CONFIRMED
>>
>>84180861

where's the Trajan? ;_;
>>
>>84182626
>Also it's kind of a statement to wear white in the tropics, like that's how fucking collected you are. The weather means jack shit to you.

The lengths this guy is going to to stick up for Jurassic World...
>>
>>84179926
Can it be worse than JW?

>Lost World
>Fallen Kingdom

Sounds like a Transformers movie title. Yikes.
>>
>>84184069
That's not an animatronic. That's a foam model so the actors have something to interact with. It will be replaced with CGI in the actual movie.
>>
>>84182576
I kind of agree, but only in the way that JP2 gave me extreme hype and turned out to be a huge letdown

meanwhile I expected nothing from JW and I was still dissapointed

the worst fucking thing your movie can be is boring, and JW is all kinds of that
>>
>>84184132

The Lost World is a fine title, that works on multiple levels. As a reference to the Conan Doyle book it plays homage to thematically (at least in the novel), and as a literal interpretation of the plot.

Fallen Kingdom sounds like fanfiction though.
>>
>>84184228
I really see a lot of the original 1925 movie version of TLW in Jurassic Park: The Lost World. And King Kong especially in the soundtrack. It's really great.
>>
>>84181977
>The problem with the scientific power that you're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you're selling it.
that's one of the most retarded lines ever written. jesus christ
>>
>>84184594

What about it?

Also, it flows better in the film thanks to Goldblum's delivery.
>>
>>84184594
retard detected
>>
>>84184631
>>84184650
reddit brainletts ouuuuuuuut
>>
>>84184667
>That's retarded!
>What's retarded about it?
>REDDIT BRAINLET REEEEEE

Fuck off, cunt. You're the one that should be quarantined to Reddit.
>>
People who expect the same tone as the first one are either gonna be severely disappointed or very positively surprised. Bayona is no trevorrow. It's a very strange replacement choice, much more in line with Spielberg.
>>
>>84184723
you can read a wall of retardation and think "yeah that's smart and awesome". niggers like you should go back to Africa.
>>
>>84181367
regardless of any other argument against retarded comments like this (which is obvious bait but has triggered me enough to reply), the dinosaurs had already been set up in the 90s to look this way in the first film. People clamouring to have them suddenly look like birds because our scientific perceptions of dinosaurs have changed in the >20 years since the first film would rather have the canon of the universe thrown out than some mild inaccuracies in animals we've never actually fucking seen. Morons, all of them.
>>
>>84184776

Obviously it sounds like giberish when taken completely out of context, you fucking spastic.
>>
>>84181367
>he believes he knows how creatures from 60 milion years ago looked
look at him an laugh people
>>
>>84184228
Lost World is damn fine, greenlit it to show how retarded naming convention got.
>>
>>84184817
even in context it is retarded
>>
>>84184817
and I want to add that almost all of the plot in jp is retarded
>>
>>84184830
No one believes that but jurassic park fanboys.
Actual scientists dont point at a picture of a dinosaur and say that its the real deal, they say its accurate

Because it has all the parts we KNOW about.
If you take the feathers off of a velociraptor, why even bother calling it a velociraptor?

Accuracy isnt about getting it right, its about including the facts
>>
File: 1495497323114.jpg (196KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495497323114.jpg
196KB, 900x900px
>>84182576
>Jurassic World
>AND THEN THE CHICK DROPS INTO THE WATER DINO'S MOUTH ITS FUCKING EPIC BRO JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO
gg no re
>>
>>84185002
The line is essentially "Why are you marketing the greatest discovery in the history of mankind?"

If you dont understand that I dont understand why anyone's engaging you, this is an 18+ site
>>
>>84184977

I don't see what's retarded about it, specifically. It's basically just Malcolm's mumblecore, fedora tipping way of telling them that they screwed the pooch by fucking with nature and hastily created something they can't possibly hope to maintain.

He comes across like an asshole because he is an asshole.
>>
File: 1477713856753.jpg (26KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1477713856753.jpg
26KB, 306x306px
>>84185062
>Jurassic Park
>AND THEN THE TREX SAVES THEM FROM THE RAPTORS AS DINOS RULED THE EARTH FALLS DOWN ITS FUCKING EPIC BRO JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO
gg no re
>>
>>84185115
Stop arguing with him, at what point did it appear that he was trying to make a point?

"This is stupid fuck you" is just feelings
>>
>>84185147
>Random pointless scene vs climax in tandem with the greatest leap in special effects in human history
>>
>>84185150

I'm aware, I just really like debating about Jurassic Park.
>>
JP2 is unironically my favorite JP movie, and I'm old enough to have seen the original during it's theatre run

there were some genuinely shit parts like the parallel bars, but I love the storyline of the humans coming back with a vengeance, only to get blown the fuck out and then again defeated by their own hubris
>>
>>84185187
Wouldnt it be more fun to debate about why the raptors started to sprout feathers in only one gender in 3
>>
>>84181233

I want her to give me a nursing handjob
>>
>>84185319
I don't get all the hate JP2 receives. For me the fist two are both super great movies.
>>
>>84184817
It's stupid because all work is done on the shoulders of predecessors. Even Malcolm's mathematical work and chaos theory is shit someone else came up with.
>>
>>84181643
The reason the original movie is so damn good while the others are so damn forgettable is because of how well handled the characters were then.

>fucking retards
Projecting.
>>
>>84185320

I always it assumed it had to do with genetic mutation, after a few generations of unstable and not-Park ready Raptors were left to their own devices for however many years. A recessive gene passed that passed on or something that caused them to start sprouting feathers.
>>
>>84185062
I feel like Treverow was just trying to one-up Spielberg for horrible unjust deaths

Eddie dying in 2 is still the worst for me, I don't care as much about a roastie temp.
>>
File: connery.jpg (123KB, 634x793px) Image search: [Google]
connery.jpg
123KB, 634x793px
imagine if these movies were R-rated
>>
>>84184069
Look at that guy on the left with the fedora telling them the dino doesn't have feathers.
>>
>>84185396
Because JP1 is the better movie ultimately, but to a minority (including me) JP2 is the more fun Jurassic Park movie, if that makes any sense. It misses the mark when it comes to levity due to coming off as too goofy, but everything past that was great. The tension of the T-rex scene and with the baby rex in the trailer rivals the kitchen scene in the original, imo.
>>
>>84185472
The original came close, iirc. The lawyer basically being bitten in half, Sam Jackson's body being mutilated, etc. Obviously though the marketing had such huge potential it was an impossibility.
>>
>>84184069
>dinasour
stay in school kids
>>
>>84185563
>JP2 is the more fun Jurassic Park movie
Might as well go for 3 then.
>>
>>84185629

yeah it was awesome. a much scarier, much more tense film where the dinos were actually the bad guys.. sigh
>>
>>84185408

In the case of Hammond, he was literally just buying up a bunch of tech in order to achieve his dream iirc. He didn't care about the how it was done, how many shortcuts were taken, the ethical repercussions, or even the cost of human life. He only cared about results, and threw around his massive wealth to get them. He was blinded by ambition, and couldn't comprehend the kind of power he was toying with. The end result was a ticking time bomb that was a disaster just waiting to happen.

That's what Malcolm was talking about.

It comes across more clearly in the book admittedly, where he's a bit more sinister of a character.
>>
>>84185629
How long do you think you would remain aware after getting bitten in half.

The brain-half would have at least a few moments inside the t-rex mouth I'm guessing. Can they even chew? probably not, so you might last for seconds or more.

How fucking awful is that.
>>
File: Jurassic World.jpg (65KB, 1116x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic World.jpg
65KB, 1116x600px
More information.

What are your expectations, /tv/?

>Directed by J.A. Bayona ("A Monster Calls").

>Written by Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly ("Jurassic World").

>Cinematography by Óscar Faura ("A Monster Calls").

>Score by Michael Giacchinno ("Jurassic World").

>Chris Pratt as Owen Grady.

>Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing.

>B.D. Wong as Dr. Henry Wu.

>Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm.

>James Cromwell as Benjamin Lockwood, John Hammond's former business partner, co-founder of InGen Corporation and co-creator of the dinosaur cloning technology. He aligns with Owen and Claire.

>Toby Jones, Rafe Spall, Ted Levine, Geraldine Chaplin, Justice Smith and Daniella Pineda in major undisclosed roles.

>Plot reportedly centers on InGen's cloning technology becoming open source after the events at Jurassic World, leading to dinosaurs being mass-produced and abused as everyday commodities until they begin rebelling. The movie will heavily feature a group of dinosaur rights activities mounting a "rescue mission" on Isla Nublar. Despite this, the movie will reportedly not take place majorly in the island.

>That concept of weaponized hybrids for military purposes will only be briefly touched upon. According to Trevorrow, it was meant to be "the ramblings of a madman" rather than something that the military would actually do. Actual uses rumored to be in the movie include domesticated dinosaurs commercialized by toy companies and the creation of professional dinosaur-related sports such as competitive racing and fighting leagues.

>The tone will be darker than JURASSIC WORLD. Trevorrow has described it as "less adventure, more horror". They'll also use more dinosaur animatronics.

>There's a "Jurassic World 3" in early development.
>>
>>84185669
Someone could make that argument but I think some of it boils down to the actors. Sam Neil just doesn't carry the charisma of Jeff Goldblum, and 3 also suffered from major child actor annoyances.
>>
>>84185728
I recall, vaguely, from the book a line about how in the early days of his genetic engineering pitches, he had a miniature elephant. i pictured it as the size of a cat, who knows. but what he didn't tell any of his investors is how it was incredibly unhealthy animal that would die young.

that was like almost 20 years ago so I could be wrong. the movie paints him as a childish man with naive beliefs.
>>
>>84185753
You'd just have to hope that the trauma to your spine would be enough to knock you out, otherwise hope one of his teeth catches mercy on your head quicker than your torso.
>>
File: 1409439231745.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1409439231745.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
>>84185820
>major child actor annoyances.
Am I the only person that enjoys seeing model-quality kids in films.

Film and TV lets you bask in the glory of human perfection.
>>
>>84185629
>bitten in two

You fuck, that was Eddie in TLW!
>>
>>84185869

Yeah, the elephant was also very aggressive and liked to bite. I believe it was described as rodent-like in behavior.

But yeah, in the book Hammond is an asshole who gets what's coming to him. In the movie, he's more of an ambitious old fool.
>>
>>84185761
I expect nothing and will likely be let down.

>Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm
Didn't even help the ID sequel.
>>
>>84185761
How big is Goldblum's role is what I'm wondering. That paired with a stronger horror angle has a lot of potential.

Mostly being off the island gives me hope too. They need to nail that scenario down.
>>
>>84185890
I remember Nedry's death is a lot nastier in the book.

It's still a lot of confusion and he gets blinded, but the narrative explicitly states he gets disemboweled and he is aware of it, and hopes for a quick death.

I am so terrified of fucking animals, fuck that shit.
>>
>>84185761
>dinosaur fighting leagues

G E T H Y P E
E
T

H
Y
P
E
>>
>>84185761

I am excited for it

Directors solid and the cast are good.

I am more worried about the script
>>
>>84185761
>>The tone will be darker than JURASSIC WORLD. Trevorrow has described it as "less adventure, more horror". They'll also use more dinosaur animatronics.

But they won't break a PG-13 so it won't actually be horror and it's still for kids.

>>That concept of weaponized hybrids for military purposes will only be briefly touched upon. According to Trevorrow, it was meant to be "the ramblings of a madman"

Retconning the stupidity out of the last movie.

> Actual uses rumored to be in the movie include domesticated dinosaurs commercialized by toy companies and the creation of professional dinosaur-related sports such as competitive racing and fighting leagues.

So someone read Dinotopia as a kid and thought "AWESOME".
>>
File: Cunnysseur.jpg (32KB, 600x626px) Image search: [Google]
Cunnysseur.jpg
32KB, 600x626px
>>84185919
>Am I the only person that enjoys seeing model-quality kids in films.

No you are not.
>>
>>84186186
Kids are humans that just rolled off the factory line

They are so perfect before the ravages of time and drugs.
>>
>>84183739
>The Eternal Ebert
You both have shit opinion, m8
>>
>>84186100
Nigger you don't need violence and gore to create an atmosphere
>>
>>84183941
Just another evidence of how film critics are just useless hit and Ebert in detail was an hack.
>>
>>84185454
this
He didn't deserve to get ripped apart jesus
>>
>>84179992
HELP! HELP! THE KINGDOM HAS FALLEN!
>>
>>84186348
The film-makers said the reason they killed off a female character in Jurassic World was because male characters got the short end of the stick in last three movies. Is this not equality? Feminists should be happy.
>>
>>84183941
>Brontosaurus
>>
>>84186348
He was the only one cognizant of the dangers and he dies trying to save people who made his life incredibly hard

Literally a hero, fuck the rest of those morons. He should have made it.
>>
>>84180901
It was alright.
>>
File: l.jpg (8KB, 360x409px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
8KB, 360x409px
>>84186230
>>84186186
>>
File: 600px-JP2600nitro-1.jpg (67KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
600px-JP2600nitro-1.jpg
67KB, 600x327px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M5jxuuOlRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sogtv5xxK_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJiNQJEWN4

Dont mind me posting the most based character in any JP movie
>>
>>84185761
>dinosaur fighting leagues

If there's a scene in this movie where a T-Rex and a Spinosaurus fight in an arena with thousands watching, I will go see this at least 3 times. I do not give a shit.
>>
>>84186646
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVhDk1wlELE
>>
>>84186801

Fuck the haters

Lost World is great, also has one of John Williams best scores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EvANywUcrk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5B24Up7czE
>>
>>84186405
I once saw Youtube video that put down Jurassic Park for using a fake dinosaur like Brontosaurus.
>>
Who knew that Jurassic Park had fetishists

https://www.youtube.com/user/TRexFeetAreGod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBPi6lri7fk
>>
>>84186796
And the T-Rex best win.
>>
What's with the sparks on this poster? I keep seeing this
>>
come on you guys make it more generic

>Jurassic World: Annihilation
>Jurassic World: Apocalypse
>Jurassic World: Awakening
>Jurassic World: Evolution
>Jurassic World: Extinction
>Jurassic World: Insurrection
>Jurassic World Into Darkness
>Jurassic World: Requiem
>Jurassic World: Resurgence
>Jurassic World: Resurrection
>Jurassic World: Retribution
>Jurassic World: Revelations
>Jurassic World: Revenge
>Jurassic World: Salvation
>Jurassic World: Rise of the Raptors
>Jurassic World: Vengeance
>>
>>84187624
>Beyond Jurassic World
>>
>>84187647

>Jurassic Universe
>>
>>84187624
Jur5ssic P5rk
>>
>>84187701
>Jurassic Cinematic Universe
>>
>>84185324
my fucking man, that's my fetish. if BDH gave me one of those i'd cum in like 5 seconds easily
>>
File: Goldblum-Insta-JP5.jpg (100KB, 808x400px) Image search: [Google]
Goldblum-Insta-JP5.jpg
100KB, 808x400px
>“You know, I did rely on [Michael] Crichton for a lot. I used a lot of Crichton dialogue. Maybe one of my highlights of this whole process is Goldblum. Jeff Goldblum called me – and I’m not going to do an impression – but he was like, ‘Look, I’ve added a couple of things, and I thought I’d perform it for you.’ [Laughs] Oh, great, okay. So, we sat on the phone for an hour as he ran these lines, and I talked about it. And, I mean, that’s – it was almost better than being there on set. It was great.”

>Goldblum came up with his own dialog.

Not good. Either Goldblum is a great writer or the script is too weak.
>>
File: 1496270391672.jpg (14KB, 454x446px) Image search: [Google]
1496270391672.jpg
14KB, 454x446px
>>84179926
>Jurassic Park
>it's a metaphor for getting ready to have kids, forming a family etc

>Jurassic World
>DUDE BIGGER DINOSAURS LMAO
>>
>>84187784
>Jurassic Park III
>it's a metaphor for NTR
>>
>>84187783
>Malcolm is back instead of Grant

DROPPED
>>
>>84182043
Where are your feathers now faggot?
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/06/nodosaur-3d-interactive-dinosaur-fossil/
>>
>>84185761
>They'll also use more dinosaur animatronics
I bet two.
>>
>>84181322
Either you're dumb or haven't seen it.

>>84180086
JP > JW > 3 > LW
>>
File: 1498025958735.png (123KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1498025958735.png
123KB, 250x190px
>>84183118
I'm trying to even remember what Chris Pratt's arc was in the movie. This new movie is gonna be rubbish.
>>
>>84185761
>A Monster Calls instead of El Orfanato
>>
>>84185048
>If you take the feathers off of a velociraptor, why even bother calling it a velociraptor?
cause for more than a century no one painted dinos with feathers
>>
>>84185048
even the educational shows never show them dinos with feathers until maybe 10 years ago
>>
>>84186796
I'd always hoped that one of the sequel movies would work off the detail in one of the movies (the third?) where someone says that people were reporting some dinosaur sightings on the South American mainland. There were also at least some people showing up on the islands with the wild dinosaurs.

Anyway it'd be neat if at some point in the future there were dino fighting pits with dinos being raised like fighting roosters. It would make far more sense than weaponized military dinosaurs.
>>
>>84188007
No force on heaven or Earth could get him back on that island.

Again.
>>
>>84186402
>The film-makers said the reason they killed off a female character in Jurassic World was because male characters got the short end of the stick in last three movies. Is this not equality? Feminists should be happy.
She was given a very strangely fetishized death though, I'm surprised pleasantly so that they did it, it was straight up vore.
>>
>>84179926
Jurassic World was fucking horrendous. If it wasn't for the special effects, this would have been a fucking Asylum movie.

It legitimately feels like it was written by an eight year old.
>>
File: tyrannosaurus-rex-kingdom-sign.jpg (135KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
tyrannosaurus-rex-kingdom-sign.jpg
135KB, 1200x675px
>>84179992
The T-Rex Kingdom maybe? I Rexy gonna die???
>>
>>84187783
Or Goldblum knows the character he plays better than the screenwriter. Which is also not a good sign.
>>
>>84181487
Jurassic Obama

they had to change it after the election
>>
>>84181977
Underrated post
>>
>>84187783
it's written by Trevorrow and Connolly (who also wrote that fucking Monster Trucks movie that came out earlier this year) so the script is definitely too weak. The dialogue in Jurassic World was embarrassingly bad, I'd prefer Goldblum coming up with his own lines to delivering the shit they write.

Even if it's terrible, he still might be able to add charm to it (see: Schwarzenegger in Batman & Robin)
>>
File: 1488961283102.jpg (13KB, 202x271px) Image search: [Google]
1488961283102.jpg
13KB, 202x271px
>Jurassic World III
>"Actually I know we start shooting in 2 weeks but let's just change the story completely and do a page 1 rewrite"
>Jurassic World
>13 years of development
>Script is somehow worse than Jurassic Park III's

inexcusable imo. I'd take
>ALAN
over trained raptors acting like dogs and literally color coded like they're fucking power rangers or something.

>mfw rewatching the long grass scene in TLW
2spoopy
>>
>>84179926
>dude lets steal scenes from the first jurassic park and put shit actors in it with forced emotions
>dude dying dinosaur girl star crying lmao
>annoying fucking kids with a pointless story

fuck this franchise
>>
>>84179992
Westeros
>>
>>84185761
>That concept of weaponized hybrids for military purposes will only be briefly touched upon.
Dinosaur wars on land, air, and sea is ten times more interesting than commercialized dinosaurs.

>The movie will heavily feature a group of dinosaur rights activities mounting a "rescue mission" on Isla Nublar.
This probably happens at the beginning and what kicks off the dinos becoming commonplace

>The tone will be darker than JURASSIC WORLD
This summary doesn't seem dark at all.

How will this film be darker? Will the commonplace dinos suddenly go feral? I'm not interested in the slightest.
>>
>>84187200
Btw Brontosauris is canon again. Scientists said so.
>>
File: yessss!.jpg (15KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
yessss!.jpg
15KB, 300x295px
>>84189449

>trained raptors acting like dogs and literally color coded like they're fucking power rangers or something.

Spartacus, Orestes and Perseus, the chameleon raptor-dog hybrids.
>>
File: real dinosaur.jpg (705KB, 2048x1756px) Image search: [Google]
real dinosaur.jpg
705KB, 2048x1756px
>>84184069
>no feathers
DROPPED
>>
>>84190310
its almost like the creatures are mixed with frog dna leading to no feathers
>>
Does anyone have the Metriacanthosaurus photo?
>>
>>84179992
WE
>>
>>84189449
>Script is somehow worse than Jurassic Park III's

Having a park on the very island where shit went out of control was retarded to begin with. Then the movie just kept getting dumber and dumber on top of that.
>>
>>84190310

Dinosaurs didn't have feathers you fucking loser
>>
>>84183849
I give JP3 the edge primarily for being so short, meanwhile TLW drags on forever, especially when they leave the island
>>
>>84190601
>I give JP3 the edge primarily for being so short, meanwhile TLW drags on forever
Pretty much this.
>especially when they leave the island
TLW actually drags a fuck lot when they're on the island. There's no reason for this part to last so long with so little of worth going on.
>>
>>84190480
this is what they should have done for Jurassic Park 4, or at least something along these lines
>BioSyn has purchased InGen and intends to reopen the park by taking the leftover DNA and animals on Isla Sorna or whichever one Site B was (we already know what's on Isla Nublar and the only dinosaur left on that island is Rexy so there's no point setting it there)
>Hammond's close business partner and friend who took over InGen in it's final years finds out about what BioSyn is doing and sends in a group of soldiers to find and destroy the embryos before BioSyn's group can get them.
>Either Malcom or Grant (or both) go with the group since they know the island already
>Jurassic Park: Extinction

It's basically Aliens but in Jurassic Park. End it with the military bombing the island like the end of the first book and show the missiles landing from the POV of the dinosaurs, much like the asteroid impact that caused the original extinction event that killed the dinosaurs.

Don't hire Colin Trevorrow to direct. Get someone like Matt Reeves instead. And don't use CGI for all of the dinosaurs like they did for Jurassic World. The only animatronic dinosaur in the entire movie was the dead one, and even that one only had a head built because they were too cheap to build the rest of the body.
>>
the indominus should've been just the allosaurus
>>
>>84191622
>Discount T-rex
No
>>
File: spinosaur.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
spinosaur.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>Everyone hates JP3 because the spinosaurus is broken as shit and memed hard as being the next big bad therapod
>modern fossil evidence determined it actually had tiny fucking legs and walked on all 4's
JUST
>>
>>84191722
new movie new dinosaur
take a real species and not a genetic monster
this is jurassic park not resident evil
>>
>>84192421
Think of a better example, Allosaurus is lowering the bar.
>>
>>84192596
>lowering the bar
Because movies have not show him, if the indominus was an allosaurus you wouldn't think like that
>>
>>84192671
He's a smaller therapod with the same gimmick as T-rex.
>>
>>84192759
it has longer arms just like the indominus
>>
>>84191622
>>84192421
>>84192671
>having the big bad smaller than Rexxie

At least go for Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus
>>
>>84193146
or Saurophaganax
>>
>>84193636
Or Mapusaurus
>>
Brainlet here who hasn't read the books in a decade. Did Goldblum die in the first one with Hammond or was that a different series I'm thinking of?
>>
File: 1365618116953.gif (968KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1365618116953.gif
968KB, 500x250px
>>84179926
>people who hate on the lost world

you are the fucking worst. jp III is the only shit stain in the franchise.
>>
>>84194057
He died in the first book, I even remember something about preparing for their burial. In the second he got better.
>>
>>84194589
kek
>>
>>84179926
>fallen kingdom

why do movies suddenly have to have epic titles?
>>
File: waifu.png (1MB, 747x770px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.png
1MB, 747x770px
Anyone know when the next Michael Crichton book is coming out? rip
>>
>>84194348
>people who think jp3 < jw
fuk you fukn redd1t gtfo
LEAVE
>>
Who is the big bad dino this time around, a Giganotosaurus with Laser beams on the side of its face or a Carcarodontosaurus with remote hacking neural augmentations?
>>
File: T-Rex_2.png (133KB, 915x540px) Image search: [Google]
T-Rex_2.png
133KB, 915x540px
>>84179992
>>84189814
But what was T-Rex's tax policy?
>>
>There are people on this board that actually liked Jurassic World
>>
>>84195225

The Indominus again, and probably a pack of wild raptors he commands
>>
>>84179992
WE WUZ REX AND SHEIT CRACKER.
>>
what's with the hate on lost world? granted the san diego scene was really fucking stupid but the rest of the movie is solid
>>
File: 12-53-02-29.jpg (772KB, 1597x931px) Image search: [Google]
12-53-02-29.jpg
772KB, 1597x931px
>>84195225
>>
File: 1473836180432.jpg (391KB, 2551x634px) Image search: [Google]
1473836180432.jpg
391KB, 2551x634px
Isn't all of Jurassic Park 3 essentially parts from the first JP novel that didn't make it into the first movie?
>>
File: grosse_theropoden.png (90KB, 755x271px) Image search: [Google]
grosse_theropoden.png
90KB, 755x271px
>>84195225
the t-rex is pretty much a joke by now
as much of an apex predator as a rabbit
>>
>>84195583
people hate the protagonists (other than malcolm)
>>
IS EVERYONE READY FOR KINOSAURS?
>>
>>84196391
where are the legs of the big one?
>>
>>84196450
his bottom half is a fully grown adult spinosaurus
>>
>>84196450
it doesn't have them, it floats
>>
>>84179926
did anyone else find it really strange that the nanny got a weirdly drawn out death scene despite being in the movie for like 5 minutes, whereas the main villain was killed offscreen
>>
File: tmp_16589-abgtjp81914653571.jpg (66KB, 625x340px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16589-abgtjp81914653571.jpg
66KB, 625x340px
>>84182576
Hating on a movie that has this scene in it.
>>
>>84196374
lolno

there's a scene in the book where grant and the kids get attacked by pterosaurs but other than that jp3 is low-quality fanfiction
>>
>>84196517
It was Jurassic Park's first female death
>>
Can we all agree 3 is the worst JP?
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.