[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it good? Also, is there an English version?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Ohm-Krueger.jpg (11KB, 228x308px) Image search: [Google]
Ohm-Krueger.jpg
11KB, 228x308px
Is it good?

Also, is there an English version?
>>
ay
>>
>>84172893
Watched this in a German film class years ago. It's laughably clumsy propaganda, typical of the kind of Anglophobic cinema you'd expect from the Nazis in WW2. Naturally the whole point of the film was to attack Churchill. Everyone is a stereotype and the history is schoolboy-tier. There are (unintentionally) hilarious things like the portrayal of Victoria as like a bag lady drunk, and of course the laudatory view of Joseph Chamberlain. Even German audiences at the time criticized the depictions, according to the SD's population reports. So interesting as a historical curiosity and obviously if you're interested in Nazi cinema. Otherwise go watch Breaker Morant.
>>
>>84173327
I am not much intrested in nazi art, that's more about SA history and its portrayal in different coutries.

Couldn't find english or russian (first language) subtitles for that, so I'll watch your suggestion.

Thanks.
>>
I've wanted to see this for years, glad someone mentioned it and reminded me. I'll probably watch it after you do anon, so please take one for the team and report back.

The Boer War is interesting because its reception by the British public basically presaged the total change of attitude that took place during WWI. Any remotely detached observer in Britain had to conclude that the Boers were in the right, and that their shit was being fucked with for mercantile reasons, but they were still voicing a relatively unpopular position. How they thought was how everyone thought by 1918.
>>
>>84173327
it's satire you autistic fuck
>>
>>84173327
An anti-war film looks like being the kind of mealy-mouthed stuff which usually allows us Brits to generalise about our imperial capers. "Oh, it's the horrors of war". No, it's the horrors of imperialism. The Boer War happened because some mostly Jewish and Portugese "British" profiteers wanted to turf Dutch farmers off of their land so they could plunder it. Most Britons fighting in the war had more in common with the Boers both genetically and culturally. Propaganda though it is, I suspect that Ohm Kruger will be more honest about this factor than Breaker Morant. Sometimes the facts do the enemy's job for them.
>>
>>84173327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4jV6heuNac
>>
Also, anything that involves Emil Jannings, one of the great film actors during the silent era, is a must-see.
>>
>>84172893
It's historically accurate kino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVmflCxrNxA
>>84173327
t. Eternal Anglo
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.