[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: American-Gods-700x300.png (59KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
American-Gods-700x300.png
59KB, 700x300px
Now the first seasons over, thoughts?

Also, what is this totem supposed to represent? Is it all the gods? Having not read the book from the inro sequence I was hype for buddha or ganesha to show up. Do they appear in the books?

What hype gods do we have to look forward to in S2?
>>
>>84138353
>Having not read the book from the inro sequence I was hype for buddha or ganesha to show up. Do they appear in the books?
No.

But my thoughts + predictions are they'll force this to stretch on longer than it has to and ruin any attempt at a genuine, meaty, satisfying finale. I mean they already totally changed up Laura to a main character and have made ancedotes and short passages from the book into whole episodes and reoccurring characters.
>>
>>84138411
is it a terrible thing as long as gaiman is still having the final say on things?

As a writer *clears throat* im sure he has backstories fleshed out for many many more gods that were not in the single novel right? If they were going to tell a longer story, it would be interesting to see more gods done and how they play into whats happening.
>>
>>84138433
I don't know man. The book was cut in the way it was for a reason, with full intent. If there was a similar vision from the outset for the TV show that would be great, but is there? Because this stuff depends on renewal it often feels like they extend and fill-in where they don't need to. I mean:

>Fuller has said that he's inspired by Marvel's cinematic universe, and he's excited at the prospect of telling more stories about some of these characters: "...who knows? In success we may have spin-offs of American Gods that follow lesser gods in greater detail than you might in the main series, but there’s all sorts of potential for this show that we’re very excited about and I hope the audience is as enthusiastic as we are so we can bring those dreams to fruition.”

I don't want an adaption that is mirror-perfect to a book, that's dull, but even taking on the show on its own merits I see it going the way of most good /tv/ where it just ends up going on too fucking long. It's the curse of everything well received that makes money - look at House of Cards.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.