[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Civil War DocuKino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: civil-war-083.jpg (247KB, 1384x1108px) Image search: [Google]
civil-war-083.jpg
247KB, 1384x1108px
Can anyone recommend a good documentary on the American Civil War? I just want one with the facts, as little as bias as possible and a good narrator if possible, while still being fun to watch. It'd be nice if it spanned the years before the war and what lead up to it, the war itself and the aftermath. Lesser known stories mixed in amongst the main story would be nice, too. Length doesn't matter to me. I'd be happier if it took a few days to watch, actually. I haven't watched a documentary on the subject for a while but most of what I've seen in the past are all overly dramatized, sensationalist "muh brave northern abolitionists Union vs. evil slave-mongering Confederate rednecks" - with little regard for anything other than an emotional payoff after the Union victory and how amazing all previous slaves lived from that second onward.

I was going to ask on /his/ but I don't know how autismo they'd get over the topic and I wasn't sure if my question would be answered. In truth, I'm not sure how well it will fare here, either.
>>
>>84128068
The Ken Burns series is the absolute best out there.
>>
>>84128087
/thread
>>
>>84128068
I doubt what you're asking for exists.
>>
>>84128087
fpbp OPs question has been answered
>>
>>84128068
>i was going to ask on /his/
I post on /his/ all the time and they would tell you the same thing
>>84128087
Ken Burns series is outstanding. If you like that, i also highly recommend his WW2 series.
>>
>>84128263
WW2 in Colour is the best WW2 doc, by FAR. It doesn't shy away from showing mangled/burnt/frozen corpses and shows all the Pathe footage in fully restored colour.
>>
>>84128087
>>84128263
Thank you. Are there any others you'd recommend as well? I've only ever visited /his/ a handful of times. I simply didn't want the topic the end up derailed right off the bat due to the nature of the war.
>>
>>84128425
honestly the only one that comes to mind right now is the history channel Gettysburg special.
Ken Burns will keep you occupied. You said you wanted it to take a couple of days and Burns certainly will.
>>
>>84128592
Gotcha. I'll probably torrent it tonight and start watching tomorrow. I've always been interested in the Civil War since I was in school but I honestly only know the basics about it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.