[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

True Detective Season 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: nxgx562-png.jpg (111KB, 1831x1022px) Image search: [Google]
nxgx562-png.jpg
111KB, 1831x1022px
Holy shit
>>
>>84125642
It was worthy of an "Alright, alright, alright..." in the best possible way.
>>
>>84125642
pretty overrated>>84125642
>>
>>84125694
This.>>84125694
>>
It was true kino. It's one of those shows that I wish I could watch for the first time again.
>>
>>84125642
Season 2 is better and only brainlets think otherwise.
Seriously can't stress enough how underrated the second season is.
>>
>>84125766

Season 2 is literally a meme season with worse actors.
>>
>>84125795
>meme season
Don't know what that means, bud.
If there IS a meme season it's the first.
>>
>>84125795
>>84126332
>Implying it isn't both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARMF1Qr-zDI
>>
>>84125642
Don't watch S2
>>
>>84125678
>>84125694
>>84125729
Incels detected...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U
>>
>>84125766
I'm going to have to keep reminding myself that it's a detective anthology series and not a spooky Southern cultist anthology series before I start season 2.
>>
>>84126466
The shootout here is one of the most technically impressive things put on film, or at least television, but the thing is it's not really as weighty as say the shootout in season 2. It's less plot centric, and there's less tension because you know Rust will be fine by the end of it. What helps ignore that last aspect is his stunning performance of course.
>>
>>84125694
>>84125729
literally samefag

>>84125766
>don't even show the crimescene until the end of the episode
>land holdings
>moody teenager-tier acting
>overly convoluted plot revolving around uninteresting people
>interesting

at least vince's death was a good scene, it also gave us Vinceposting, while short lived, was golden
>>
>>84126472
This
S2 is the true unfiltered detective kino
No lovecraftian villains or cults or edgy pseudo philosophical characters to keep brainlets and normies interested
>>
>>84126547
Nah I just thought it'd be funny to start a chain of posts with people going

[post number]
"this" [post number]

>don't even show the crimescene until the end of the episode
Why is this inherently a bad thing?
>land holdings
Ditto.
>moody teenager-tier acting
It could've been more subtle, I agree.
>overly convoluted plot
It's really not as convoluted as people say. There are just a lot of red herrings like the harddrive, Tony Chessani's father, and other things.
>revolving around uninteresting people
The entire main cast were likable characters but you can definitely make a case for /gaycop/ being unnecessary and I wouldn't argue much.
>>
season 1
kino: episodes 1-6
flick: episodes 7-8

season 2
kino: episodes 1-8
>>
>>84126710
7 and 8 would be more "movie" level than "flick." They both have great moments like the montage of Marty's lonely adult life that he sowed for himself for his adultery. And of course there's Rust's "but I could still feel her love there."
>>
>>84126710
Season 2 is literally one of the single highest achievements in the medium of television.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.