[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a movie that specifically, intentionally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 2deep4u.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2deep4u.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
Has there ever been a movie that specifically, intentionally directly went against its marketing as a point? Especially a horror movie. Like something that was booked as a romantic comedy and shit got crazy in the middle. Or a character drama that turned supernatural, I don't know.

And I don't mean just a poorly marketed movie, there's tons of those. I mean something that did it on purpose to try and pull an artistic point or a scare over on the audience.

>DRIVE in the Captcha
Reminds me of when I went to see it with friends expecting action. I still loved the fuck out of it, they hated it.
>>
>>84119196
Didn't that Adam Sandler movie end up with him as a superhero at the end?
>>
>>84119196
I know when Audition was first reviewed in America, critics thought it was a Japanese drama/romance movie until half-way through. But I don't know how much of that misdirection was marketing.

I thought Fight Club was going to be more like Bloodsport when I went to see it.
>>
Split
>>
I thought A Beautiful Mind was going to be a spy thriller
>>
I thought Prometheus was going to be a prequel to Alien.
>>
>>84119196
Magic Magic was advertisement as a slasher film. Though it was really a psychological drama about a bitch on drugs.
>>
>>84119827
That's closer to what I mean, then, that's cool. I did mean to watch that a while back, but yeah. More like that, but backwards. Like some dumb teen comedy that turns into a slasher.

Actually, it's a wonder that didn't happen in the early 2000's, considering how many fucking teen movies there were and that they still did slashers.
>>
>>84120069
I think what you thinking of is genre-shift movies.
>>
>>84120140
That sounds about right but somehow I've missed that existing. What are good examples?
>>
>>84119196
That one dog movie where all the commercials were of a dream sequence and the actual movie was super dark
>>
>>84120229
From Dusk Till Dawn
Sunshine
Miracle Mile
>>
Kangaroo Jack
Bridge to Terabithia
>>
>>84121305
Well that's just poor marketing

>>84121174
>Miracle Mile
Seen the other ones but never heard of this. Sounds very interesting, thanks.
>>
inb4 reddit, but I thought Cabin in the Woods was a legit horror movie when it came out. I mean it WAS, but still
>>
Bridge to Terabithia was marketed as a shitty kids CGI fantasy movie but that was only a small scene where they are pretending and the rest of the movie is feels central.

Mulholland Drive seems like a romance/thriler movie but it's actually, ehh, not really.
>>
>>84121743
I feel really sorry for whoever had to cut together a trailer for Mulholland Drive.
>>
>>84121174
Sunshine was marketed as shit goes wrong in space, the vaguely horror element towards the end doesn't change that
If it was marketed as the next 2001 or something maybe
>>
>>84121724
>inb4 reddit

it was a good film anon, don't be afraid to like what you like, man

plus its fitting for the thread, too, as it was a big switch up from a normal teens-in-a-cabin slasher
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.