[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What DC Learned From Batman V Superman And Suicide Squad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 16

File: 05-Dawn-of-Justice.png (3MB, 2153x805px) Image search: [Google]
05-Dawn-of-Justice.png
3MB, 2153x805px
>Jon Berg and Geoff Johns are riding high.They spoke with Variety about what’s next for “Wonder Woman,” their reaction to the poor reviews for “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Suicide Squad,” and why there will be more female superheroes and villains in upcoming DC films.

>Why did audiences embrace “Wonder Woman”?
Berg: It’s a fun movie. It’s positive and optimistic. The early films may have been too dark in parts.

Johns: Most of the DC Universe is known as being a hopeful and optimistic place. It’s known for characters that are inspirational and aspirational. Anyone who knows and loves the DC Universe knows that a lot of that has to do with its hope and optimism.

>“Suicide Squad” and “Batman v. Superman” made money, but critics hated them. Did you learn anything from the poor response to the films?
Berg: There are lessons from every movie. You would be silly not to analyze how a movie was received — what went right and what went wrong on the making of a movie.

On “Suicide Squad,” the movie did incredibly well commercially. It didn’t work narratively. You had some great casting and some great characterizations, but where the story fell down was on narrative, on plot. We could do better. “Batman v. Superman” was tonally dark. People didn’t respond to that.

>Joss Whedon is overseeing reshoots on “Justice League” and will write and direct “Batgirl.” How important will he be to the DC cinematic universe going forward?
Berg: He’s a big part already. We love him. He’s a great partner, collaborator; we want him to be ensconced. We bring people by, have general meetings and talk about comics and their favorite superhero movies. With Joss, he saw the master board, and he saw a “Batgirl” title and he said, “You guys seriously want to do ‘Batgirl’?” And we said, “Absolutely.” He said, “That’s my jam.”

The DC Universe is dead

Prepare for lighthearted marvel shit
>>
>muh dark tone meme

People didn't hate BvS cause of its dark tone. They hated it because the plot was a fucking mess.

TDK was probably darker than BvS but people loved it.
>>
>>84114075

Exactly

How the fuck are DC being so fucking shortsighted?

Did they forget that one of their movies spawned the realistic dark superhero trend for a while recently?
>>
We need to give BvS 20 years for it to get the respect it probably deserves. It will be seen as the Apocalypse Now of our generation (an epic masterpiece with a lackluster ending & tons of production problems).
>>
>>84114075
>People didn't hate BvS cause of its dark tone. They hated it because the plot was a fucking mess.
Fucking this^^^
>>
>>84114075
Also Man of Steel was dark and it had better success than BvS
>>
File: 1467296525059.gif (44KB, 284x391px) Image search: [Google]
1467296525059.gif
44KB, 284x391px
>>84113907
>Johns: Most of the DC Universe is known as being a hopeful and optimistic place. It’s known for characters that are inspirational and aspirational. Anyone who knows and loves the DC Universe knows that a lot of that has to do with its hope and optimism.
>>
>>84113907
>With Joss, he saw the master board, and he saw a “Batgirl” title and he said, “You guys seriously want to do ‘Batgirl’?” And we said, “Absolutely.” He said, “That’s my jam.”

egghhthghhgh
>>
>>84113907
Interesting they say Suicide Squad didn't work narratively, but they fail to say the same for Batman vs Superman.

Can't believe they're trying to claim that a movie that's meant to deal with: Superman Sequel, Batman Origin, Dark Knight Returns, Justice League Prequel, Injustice AND Death of Superman WASN'T a narrative failure?

Are these people retarded? Oh wait they are.
>>
>>84114453
Dude, it's over. Nobody's falling for it anymore.
>>
>>84114453

Oh you ignorant cunt
>>
>>84115159
>Superman Sequel, Batman Origin, Dark Knight Returns, Justice League Prequel, Injustice AND Death of Superman WASN'T a narrative failure?
I'm glad I'm not surrounded by normies and you understand exactly what BvS problem was.
>>
>>84113907
where are they getting this meme that ppl hated BvS due to its tone? People hated it because the story, editing, and characterization was shit.
>>
>>84114914

Funny Johns would say that, when he was the mastermind behind such dark stories filled with needsley gore like Infinite Crisis, Flashpoint, Forever Evil and such.
>>
>>84115367

There was nothing shit about the story and characterization.
>>
>>84115367
It's Alien Covenant all over again. I hate Entertainment and Jew wood as a whole. They're literally out of touch with reality. I loved the hell out of Man of Steel. I adored the dark sad depressive tone. Fuck colorful characters and more stroink wymens. Growing up I could give a fuck about stroink wymens. I was weak enough and looked up to strong male characters to bolster my weakened insignificance. I hate them all!
>>
File: 1492369984031.jpg (215KB, 1150x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492369984031.jpg
215KB, 1150x1200px
Batman v Superman isn't dark. It's actually way more hopeful than the Nolan Batman films were. It's also better written and shot than anything made in the genre the past decade.

They are right about Suicide Squad though.
>>
>>84115443
The story was a a mess and the characters were nothing like their themselves

It's like they came up with new characters but decided to call them Batman or Superman just to get more money from people. Glad people saw through their shit.
>>
>>84115527
Please tell me how Superman wasn't Superman.

Also if you're geniunely too thick not to realize the film intentionally portrayed a twisted Batman that was then brought back into the light by Superman, you might be clinically retarded.
>>
>>84115422
>such dark stories filled with needsley gore like Infinite Crisis, Flashpoint, Forever Evil and such.
Stories with dark moments but an overall optimistic message are not dark stories.
>>
>>84115543
Superman doesn't stand around all mopey and depressed.
>>
>>84115561
>Stories with dark moments but an overall optimistic message are not dark stories.
So you don't think BvS is a dark story then?
>>
File: lol_double.jpg (144KB, 706x677px) Image search: [Google]
lol_double.jpg
144KB, 706x677px
>>84115504
>It's also better written
>>
>>84115367
I think it's partially down to the characterisations of Batman and Superman. In the past they've play well against each other, the juxtaposition of Superman representing hope and compassion, up against Batman's seriousness and calculating demeanor. Unfortunately in BvM they're both dour cunts.
>>
File: superman-hero.jpg (335KB, 1200x1181px) Image search: [Google]
superman-hero.jpg
335KB, 1200x1181px
>>84115599
A Superman that has to consider his actions as this world is a world where critics and politicians are real and will attack him based on his actions. Despite that he tries his hardest to save people and preach what he teaches.
>>
>>84113907
>Joss Whedon is overseeing reshoots on “Justice League” and will write and direct “Batgirl.”

Batgirl guaranteed to get absolutely slaughtered now everyone has read his script for Wonder Woman.
>>
>>84115610
Chris Terrio shits on whatever Marvelshit you're gobbling up and its nonexistant writers.
>>
>>84115636
Wait a fucking minute here, you two-faced son of a bitch cocksucker.

Are you saying that Superman in Dark Knight Returns was actually hopeful and not just a government puppet while at the same time claiming BvS Superman is?

Where the fuck do these online lying cunts come from? I swear every fucking thread they spout this shit with nobody calling them out. I fucking hope you kill yourself.
>>
>>84115543
Not him, but it's not that the versions of these characters weren't recognizable, it's just that they were shit.

The version of Superman that Snyder was most interested in adapting was the version from the earliest days of Action Comics and the Fleischer cartoons. That's forgoing almost 100 years of character development just because he thinks it's cool for Superman to never talk.

It's regressive.
>>
>>84115561

There were very little optimistic shit in them and even their endnotes, while hopeful, since the heroes won and shit, was empty as hell.

Take Infinite Crisis. Whoray, the universe is saved and Superboy Prime is jailed. But the original Superman died and the comic ends with the now super edgy Superboy Prime scarring an S into his chest and promising to come back. TUN DUN DUN!

But hey, the good guys won and the trinity (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman) decided to do some sool seeking and be less shitty friends to each other. So it's all good, right?

Fucking wrong. That's empty fluff after all the dark and gore shit. All the stupidity and shit characterization.

It's like the end of Wonder Woman. You tack the allies and germans cheeing the end of the war and because of that everything is good and perfect. The horrors of war and WW2 right around the corner doesn't matter anymore. Wonder Woman saved the day, kinda, sorta. So everything is good.

That's mindless fluff shit designed to trick the audience into feeling good. That's like the Avengers going to for indian food after the alien invasion.
>>
>>84115599

Kingdom Come.
>>
>>84115728
Bull fucking shit. And also now you're backtracking.

This Superman resembles Peace on Earth/Kingdom Come Superman the most,
>>
>>84115709
How will the Marvel drones weasel themselves out of this one.

Oh boy, sit tight for the next shitpost everyone!
>>
>>84115784
Dude, Snyder has a copy of Action Comics #1 that he brings to the set and constantly reminds everyone that "This is what we're doing."
>>
>>84115647

The Batgirl movie is fucked because instead it is about Barbara Gordon and instead on focusing on her being injured as Batgirl and turning her life around as Oracle, is more based on the recent comics where Barbara is some immature cunt.

I mean, think about a movie about a girl vigilante that survived an assault and turned her life around as a cripple. That would make an interesting movie.

But instead we're just going to get Barbara acting like a smart-ass and being immature while fighting crime. Because of fun and hip.
>>
>>84115824
>dude I'll pull out this out of context shit out of my ass and then disregard your argument lmao
>>
>>84113907
Dropped desu
>>
How does the make them any better than Marvel now?
>>
>>84115881
I just told you exactly what Snyder was doing and you ignored it.
>>
>>84115601
Oh I think it is immensely dark. I look at that as the antithesis of what I described. It is a dark story full of dark moments when hopeful optimistic ones are the tonal outliers of the overall narrative. I know some people insist there is an optimistic message within it, but if there is, it's presentation was poorly executed.
>>
>>84115939
They were always worse than Marvel. The MCU was made by people who actually read and write comic books, and don't just skim the Wiki pages.
>>
>>84116032
The only thing Feige reads is focus test score sheets you drone fuck.
>>
>>84116032

>The MCU was made by people who actually read and write comic books

Fuck off. The MCU take tons of liberty. Suicide Squad was more respectful to the shitty Nu52 source material than 90% of the MCU movies.
>>
>>84115765
Great job bringing up an elseworlds, dumbass.
>>
>>84116230

Pretty much everything in DC is an Elseworlds now after Crisis on Infinite Earths. Nu52 and Rebirth are Elseworlds as far i'm concerned.
>>
>>84116191
Sure it takes liberties, every superhero movie does, but what seperates the MCU from the DCEU is the fact that they adapt shit from beneath the fucking surface level of comic books, and treats that material with the same respect as the A-Listers.
>>
>>84115733
>Take Infinite Crisis.
You do the same. It's a story about nostalgia being something that isn't explicitly bad, but can become bad when you go full NOT MUH. At the same time, it was an acknowledgement that the 80's and 90's did mark a dark tonal shift for the DC line but that despite bad things happening, it doesn't invalidate something or mean it lacks every chance of redemption. That even goes for original Superman as well. He begins about ready to compromise the ideals he stood for in pursuit of something he could never get back but stopped himself before he went to far. Prime didn't. Even Original Superman's death is optimistic because it reinforces that these characters and the ideals they strive to represent can never truly die because they stay with those who were able to share time with them. On top of that, he goes down standing by the standards he epitomized throughout his life. Infinite Crisis begins with the world having become darker, and ends with the shared superhero community having rediscovered its camaraderie, and idealism.
>You tack the allies and germans cheeing the end of the war and because of that everything is good and perfect.
Someone hasn't heard of the Christmas of 1914 or the other incidents like it that were eventually shut down by higher ups, have they? By the end of the WWI the soldiers resented the people sending them to the fronts as much as the guys shooting at them, and horrors they had been forced to live through were so treacherous that the prospect of no longer needing to contribute to it and even embracing those who had fought against them was not only something that might have happened, bu something that actually did more than once.

So WW2 happened 20 years later. I suppose Jenkins forgot the part that WW1 era people were able to predict the future and knew they'd be fighting again relatively quickly, and on top of that, because of the armistice they were signing to bring an end to the war.
>>
>>84116352
The only thing Disney respects is whatever score they get in audience tests you shill fuck. Feige will shit all over your comics if the kiddies who are being tested hates a particular scene or don't understand a quip.
>>
>>84116420

>this butthurt dcfag

Prepare for Aquaman Antman Edition
>>
>>84116498
It's funny the greatest insult you can throw at DC is that it might be too similar to Marvel.
>>
>>84115640
I waited nearly Forty years For Man of Steel, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Fuck everyone who questions it. And fuck Warner for making the third one lighter. Fuck that faggot Joss Whedon. I hope he sees the fire of forever and gets burnt to nothing, and fuck everyone who dares question it's brilliance.
>>
Batman v Superman is the best movie I've seen in the last 10 years. Every single thing about this movie is perfection.

And perhaps one of the most amazing accomplishments is that somehow Snyder can make Gadot look capable of acting.

Add the fact that so many plebs are completely bewildered and cannot understand what makes it so good and you have yourself a movie that's both timeless and ahead of it's time at the same time.

Nolan, Snyder, Terrio, Goyer, and Zimmer (and throw in JunkieXL) made the apex of pop culture in film form. You will never see anything as well made in your lifetime ever again. If you disagree, your opinion is literally wrong.
>>
>>84117055
Fuck the haters, Bruv. Seriously, Fuck all of them. Let them enjoy their quip a minute bullshit. i hate them all.
>>
File: kristin-wiig-disgust1.jpg (27KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
kristin-wiig-disgust1.jpg
27KB, 300x400px
>>84113907
>With Joss, he saw the master board, and he saw a “Batgirl” title and he said, “You guys seriously want to do ‘Batgirl’?” And we said, “Absolutely.” He said, “That’s my jam.”

I hope this girl power thing blows up in their faces.
>>
>>84115824
MMM, BOYS!
>>
>>84117142
>Let them enjoy their quip a minute bullshit.
>i hate them all.
>>
>>84117165
It's blown up in Joss'

>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/women-of-twitter-roast-joss-whedons-ridiculous-wonder-woman-script_us_5947cf62e4b01eab7a2f19db
>>
>>84113907
The world was not ready for Snyder's genius. thanks americucks for literally brainwashing everyone with shitty generic marvel flicks for the 20th time in a row
>>
>>84117232
Sadly Snyder's probably done with the universe. It's in the hands of that bastard, Whedon. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and Whedon will get Amnesia or Aids or something equally horrific.
>>
File: 1343510334584.jpg (148KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
1343510334584.jpg
148KB, 288x499px
>>84117365
>Sadly
>>
>>84116280
>Pretty much everything in DC is an Elseworlds now after Crisis on Infinite Earths
>>
Jeez i actually like DC's 'dark' tone in their approach of the movies, makes them different. I cba having two studios releasing quipfests
>>
>>84117417
Yes, Sadly. Sadly no one got Snyder's brilliance because the loudest bitches are allowed the podium, and by bitches I mean the insufferable girlie men, the modern day Nu males. And that's the old and the young nu-males. Snyder was a traditionalist, and now they've put it in the hands of that socially castrated cuck bitch, Whedon. I hate that little bitch
>>
>>84117417
Snyder has literally elevated capeshit to new levels. better than ever before. i know reddit and paid off liberal critics told you this isn't true but try and form your own opinion.
>>
>>84117541
>>84117567

Yeah so good they ousted him as creative control of their Cinematic Universe
>>
>>84117541
>"Hey guys, look how I use theses famous characters completely out of character and place them like action figures to recreate classical works of art, while also cribbing concepts of greater films that anything I've ever made"
>brilliance

>>84117567
>Snyder has literally elevated capeshit to new levels
Your use of "cape" was completely unnecessary.
>>
>>84117607
because all the negative reviews from paid off critics forced him too. at least he can leave with his dignity and make movies he wants to make and DC will turn into generic trash like all the others.
>>
>>84117567
You retards spout this bullshit so often than you might end up believing it and that is terrible.
>>
>>84117541
Let this be a cautionary tale. This is what happens when you meme too much and too hard. You start to believe the meme. To become it.
>>
>>84117607
Because they allowed the fucking marxist control of the narrative. The fucking little bitches are in the way of everything purposeful. If hate could kill they'd all be dead.

>>84117617
Out of context your gaping shitter, you insufferable Mong! YOU don't know what the fuck you're on about. I hate it when fuckers are audacious enough to claim this one's out of context as if they spent almost 40 years reading comics of both. I've read almost everyone of them and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I hate your kind the most!
>>
>>84117674
>OH NO SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE MARVEL
>SOMEONE HAS OPINIONS THAT I DONT AGREE WITH WAAAAAAHHHHH
>>
>>84117704
This

DC is racist. go watch marvel and black panther slaaaay
>>
>>84117704
Go watch Marvel shit, you stinking waste of time.
>>
>>84117732
Ok geez calm down, sorry.
>>
Both you faggot groups are sad

Get a life
>>
>>84115733
Johns thinks that by adding a few panels at the end where somebody says you must have hope, he makes a story full of needless gore and explicit violence into something positive and hopeful. He's a shit writer.
It's funny how something with an overall pesimistic tone like Watchmen can have more heartwarming moments than anything Johns ever wrote in his lifetime.
>>
>>84118172
I agree, there is absolutely no reason to take sides.
>>
File: even this cover is kino.jpg (113KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
even this cover is kino.jpg
113KB, 500x656px
>Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

>”I’m a Superman, and I really want to help mankind — but I just tore this guy in half by accident. People call me a ‘superhero,’ but I don’t even know what that means. I just blew this guy to bits! That’s heroic?”

And this is why DC wins, by pushing the envelope, rather than playing it safe with quiptastic made-by-committee shit.
>>
>>84114075
Pretty much famalamadingdong
>>
>>84113907
Gotta be entertaining in this genre because they're kids movies and yes that involves making the crowd laugh
>>
>>84114075
>They hated it because the plot was a fucking mess.
The plot was a fucking mess in SS too, yet that one worked. It failed because of many things at the same time: messy plot, shit direction, crappy editing. The movie is just one big clusterfuck of misses with only one or two hits (WW and to some extent, Ben Affleck as Batman). It failed to appeal to pretty much anybody: comic fans didn't like it, critics didn't like it, general audiences didn't like it, and it was the same both in the US and overseas, where even crap like Transformers can do well.
>>
>>84115450
>Growing up I could give a fuck about stroink wymens
Yeah, you sound like such a grown up now.
>>
>>84115504
>Superman has to die to finally be regarded as a superhero
Yeah, such a cheer up story!
>>
>>84117510
Johns: "Wonder Woman” celebrated exactly who the character is, but looking at it, it’s not like we should change everything to be about hope and optimism. There’s nothing to change. That’s what these characters are.

They can still do dark stories, it just has to fit the characters. Notice how Johns saw nothing wrong about BvS.
>>
>>84115504
Batman vs superman had to be dark in order for justice league to be more lighthearted
>>
>>84115709
>Dark Knight Returns
You're pointing out one single story that was an Elseworld, not canon.
And he's right, you could have one of the two act like an asshole and having to come around (in most stories, that's usually Batman), but the biggest problem in this movie is that everyone is a fucking asshole and you can't really root for anybody. And considering this is a big budget superhero movie that's supposed to appeal to general audiences, it was just one misstep after another.
>>
>>84114453
I sometimes feel like the aliens have already invaded. They are among us. Bizzaro critics who claim BvS and TDKR are good movies. Makes me feel like I'm on acid when I hear people say they are good.
>>
Reminder that the DCEU is an Elseworld. Reminder that those who don't understand this are idiots.
>>
>>84118669
That's fucking retarded. Snyder is just a fucking dumbass that thought that Superman's and Batman's characters needed to be destroyed in order to become what they should've been from the get go.
Everybody knows Superman is a symbol of hope, and Batman is one of human determination. That's who the characters are, and everybody in the audience knows it. If you spend 2 movies (well, only 1 for Batman) having them act out of character, only to end up being what people wanted to see in the 3rd film, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>84118748
Reminder that the DCEU is aimed at a general audience. Reminder that those who don't understand this are idiots, and that's why their movies underperformed.
Once they stuck to a character's canon identity, they had a hit. Let's hope they learn that's the important thing, not whether something is dark or not.
>>
>>84115640
Thank you for posting this idk why people seem to grasp that even though it makes clear sense superman is earth hero it's champion no matter how many times they turn there back on them because he knows there only human in his death he inspires Batman to leave his ruthless ways and become a hero again
>>
>>84113907
I can't believe how moronic they are. people hated MoS, BvS and SS because they were hot garbage, not because they were dark.

Have they already forgotten about TDK and TDKR? Two films that have grossed more than majority of Marvel movies?
>>
>>84115543
The only point that matters is that the movie was written poorly and was a mess of production. Even the extended version.

It was bad.
>>
>>84113907
>(((Berg)))
why is /pol/ always right
>>
>>84118821
And the general audience tends to like them. It's critics that don't.
>>
>>84115159
The story in BvS actually held together pretty well from what I remember.

It only became a problem towards the end when they tried bringing in Wonder Woman for whatever reason along with that Apocalypse or whatever guy.

But the movie did work well for tying together Batman, Superman, and others into this cinematic universe so that they could more comfortably do other movies within that universe. So while the story may not have been, from a studio's point of view it did extremely well. Because if many people didn't like it, they still likely watched it and will now feel involved in that cinematic universe.
>>
>>84116032
Yeah right mcu films are nothing like the comics it's like they make them to pander to people who think it's cool to be nerds who have never picked up a comic in there life, people hate on bvs for incorporating dark knight returns with death of superman and injustice but that's way better than iron man 3 made up story that just takes a giant diarrhea shit on iron man comics
>>
>>84118943
No they don't, that's why BvS made half of its money (both domestic and WW) on its opening weekend. People went to see it because of the hype. Once they saw it, they didn't go again, and didn't recommend it to other people, and it fucking plummeted. More people are watching Wonder Woman entering its fourth week than they did a movie that had Batman and Superman together for the first time.
>>
File: 1496994667288.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1496994667288.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
>>84118533
>he doesn't know about jesus
>>
File: phroid.jpg (92KB, 590x853px) Image search: [Google]
phroid.jpg
92KB, 590x853px
>>84117055
DC, Marvel, whatever. I've read tons of both and used to like them both. I don't care liberties taken nor authentic character portrayal. I just want well written, directed, acted movies.

DC sucks at it (but getting better) and Marvel is very good at it (but getting worse at it). I understand that tastes differ but I don't get the DC/Marvel fan-war. What kind of sniveling faggot chooses a side like some kind of comic company war? These are the kinds of children that I hate.

Behave!

In 20 years maybe DC will be on top. But who really cares? Gib gud moovee plz
>>
>>84119061
A movie that got it's dick sucked by critics has more people watching it? What?!
It's almost like there are a lot of mindless drones out there that actually let critics form their opinion for them and don't even give certain films a chance.
Both MoS and BvS had pretty decent audience reception.
>>
>>84115879
It was called Birds of Prey, and it was a shitty TV series.
>>
>>84118766
The Batman in bvs is pretty much exactly like how Batman was in frank Miller's the dark knight returns you fucking moron do you even read comic books
>>
File: 1496008122709.png (20KB, 698x670px) Image search: [Google]
1496008122709.png
20KB, 698x670px
>>84119161
>I just want well written, directed, acted movies.
>DC sucks at it (but getting better) and Marvel is very good at it (but getting worse at it).

Can you elaborate on your contention anon?
>>
>>84118838

They can't admit they're wrong. I mean that pathologically. The entire industry is built around having to put on your "media face" and always be looking for the upside in every failure.

Plus, you have the corporate side that looks at marvel and says "those succeed where ours failed - oh i know, its because they're light and fun!" This is a child's analysis, but you cant expect anything more from (maybe) business school grads who think they're part of the "artistic process."

A strong response would be taking a good hard look at the writers, directors and cinematographers assembled for their DC Universe and making tough changes.

That wont happen because of nepotism, jew money, insular Hollywood deflection of responsibility and the fanboys any embattled creative can point to in saving his job, "See! It's the mean old reviewers! The """real""" fans love it!"

DCEU is *almost* beyond saving.

>WW was a surprise hit and has given them a boost (thankfully) but Gadot still cant act her way out of a wet bag
>Whedon doing reshoots for JL could go very very badly, despite how they're selling it.
>Seems DC is going to pivot to being the female superhero/feminist comic book movie house. Which would be fine if it came from an artistic place, but it comes from shekel chasing and so is bound to be more shit than good.

Time will tell, but these guys are fucking idiots, you're right.
>>
>>84119151
>He thinks Superman = Jesus
Go to bed, Zack.
>>
>>84119273
The only good marvel comics out are daredevil deadpool the punished and venom everything else is shut where as dc has Batman nightwing suicide squad superman teen titans batgirl the flash deathstroke all doing way better in sales than iron man captain america black panther guardians of the galaxy and captain marvel
>>
>>84119194
Why didn't they go to see it then? Why didn't word of mouth spread? How do the Transformers films do so well with critics shitting all over them? How did the Ghostbusters remake fail so hard, when it had the critics on its side?
Nobody liked BvS. Not the critics, nor the audiences. That's why it has awful reviews and a mediocre box office performance. It didn't succeed under any perspective.
It's funny how /tv/ posters always goes back and forth on how much critics matter, depending how it fits their narrative.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (25KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
25KB, 1280x720px
>The early films may have been too dark in parts.

That sounds eerily familiar.
>>
>>84119209
What a colossal waste! The BoP comic was once fantastic! (not now) and they could have rocked a tv show if they just used the comic as the script. Even the casting of Oracle was pretty good. But they made a dog's breakfast out of it.

Fuck
>>
>>84119339
>Gadot still cant act her way out of a wet bag
Actually, WW showed she can, with proper direction from somebody who knows what she's doing, like Jenkins. Let's not forget she directed Charlize Theron in a performance that made her win several awards, including the Oscar.
>>
>>84115422
He wrote Rebirth which saved DC comics. Based cereal lord.
>>
>>84119520
He wrote Flashpoint that buried DC comics for several years. Based cereal lord.
>>
File: n.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
n.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>84118296
>rape as backstory
>for batman
>>
>>84119519
I agree with the critics that pointed out her "acting" is very short on performance and heavy on "screen presence." Pine does all of the actual performative work as a lead.

Which I mean makes sense. As a former model, it was her entire job to light up a room/scene with her presence and some facial expressions. But that's a far cry from being anything close to a good actor.

You're right that Jenkins directed her to positive reception though - by smartly limiting her vocal performance as much as practical and letting Gadot lean on scenes that required her to simply "be a presence" on screen.
>>
>>84119388
correction

Only good Marvel currently: Infamous Iron Man, Moon Knight, Old Man Logan, Dr Strange

Only good DC currently: Deathstroke, Wonder Woman, Kamandi Challenge, Wildstorm, Bane Conquest

Comics are generally shitty nowadays. Tons of gay-is-important and muh social issues. spend less than 50$ a month now which is less than half my formal average of many years.
>>
>>84119556
Flashpoint is the last thing I liked from DC. Rebirth kinda sucks. Only slightly better than nu52
>>
File: superman-happy-bvs.jpg (145KB, 1000x732px) Image search: [Google]
superman-happy-bvs.jpg
145KB, 1000x732px
>>84113907
>Most of the DC Universe is known as being a hopeful and optimistic place. It’s known for characters that are inspirational and aspirational. Anyone who knows and loves the DC Universe knows that a lot of that has to do with its hope and optimism.
>>
>>84119212
Miller Batman wasn't a mass murderer like in the movie.
>>
>>84115159
Geoff isn't going to disparage BvS. He knew what they were doing, he wrote the forward for the making of book and respects Snyder.
>>
>>84119792
"Optimism" was the hallmark of all cape comics. Since the 90's neither DC nor Marvel has leaned very hard on that ideal. It has been a long era of edgelords.

Nice try, Geoff.
>>
>>84119692
Yeah, that's what a good director does. It's a superhero movie after all, so presence is what you need most of all. The side characters and villains are the ones that have to do the acting.

I mean, someone like Arnie wasn't a good actor at all, yet he has some great performances because of smart directors knowing how to use his presence and charisma. This is exactly what happened with Gal here.
>>
>>84119816
I think Batman has killed someone in almost every Batman film.
>>
>>84119792
>S stands for hope
Well here on Earth S stands for Shitheel.
>>
>>84113907
>Prepare for lighthearted marvel shit
They could've learned that from the rousing success of Superman Returns.
>>
>>84119690
Yeah it would be nice for all you redditors to act like rape is hilarious just like you acted like PTSD was hilarious with BvS.
>>
>>84119816
Called taking leaps son
>>
>>84118481
Who gives a shit what you think, you actual gay person who loves getting their bottoms torn open gang bang style starring Jamal, Tyrone, Treyvone and Bubba.
>>
>>84116858
>Zach Snyder fan is over forty years old and still posting on 4chan, has shitty grammar, and is a literalist old-testament homophobe
>>
>>84118296
>DC wins
They're only winning in comics, and by doing the exact opposite of that.
>>
>>84121232
Thanks for further proving my point.
>>
Further to >>84121249 , I bet >>84121232 is you too. It is, isn't it? Your constant references to homosexual practices say a lot about you
>>
>>84119816
I hate you fucking idiotic assholes, so much. Remember Burton's Batman? Obviously not.
Get the fuck off my board you shit stain!

>>84121249
Homophobic your gay gaping ass. You people are scum, not the faggots, the enablers. Faggots are mentally deranged degenerates but you enablers are the true evil ones. It is you people who should be obliterated form this world.

>>84121373
And yet, Marvel is literally on the verge of insolvancy because for all their Cultural Marxist bullshit, no one bought any of it. Not even the Cultural Marxist SJW cunts who convinced the morons that this was the way to go. I so love Capitalism. And you would too if you weren't a socialist shit stain.

>>84121435
Just look for the (You) which won't be there because i quoted that bastard.
>>
>>84119556

Flashpoint was never intended to be a mega event that led to a reboot when Johns started writing it. He was strong armed into it. Dc was supposed to reboot a few years before with Final Crisis but pussied out
>>
>>84120756

Superman Returns was fucking grim mate. When was the last time you watched that film?
>>
https://youtu.be/b3R6nLeay3c
>>
>>84121337

They're winning in Video games as well. Injustice 2 has done really well and MvC is being treated like a joke. Dragonball is going to crush it
>>
>>84121717
>Cultural Marxist
And this is how I know you're even more retarded than I first thought.

Also, you love captialism but you hate that WW is a successful product of capitalism? If all that conspiracy bullshit you're spoewing out about SJWs is true, you should be proud they managed to turned that into capitalist benefits! Cultural Marxists BTFO!
>>
>“Batman v. Superman” was tonally dark. People didn’t respond to that.
If this mean DC movies fixing their color balance then it's a good thing.
>>
>>84121817
It was less grim than MoS or BvS.
>>
>>84121817
>>84121817
That's why I hate Snyder haters so fucking much. Luther was deliciously fucked up, his henchman even more so and the kid squashed the clown face killer with a fucking grand piano. And Luther, that glorious fucking mad man, Fucking stabs Supes in the back and breaks the bitch off in there. Not to mention, Supe lifts the continent and squashes four bad guys. Superman Returns was grim as fuck! It was emo gay but fuck me if it wasn't deliciously gnarly too.

>>84121959
When the fuck did I say I hated WW success? I said I hated they dumped Snyder's treatise of Ares being more of a boogeyman for her than an actual villain out right. They should have stayed with all of humanity having shades of Ares than Areas was actually out there influencing them. I would have had ares talking through the dead enemies vicariously than him being a final boss. But not everyone appreciates Snyder's genius like I do.
>>
>>84122015
When the clown killer went to kill Lois? Or when Lex and crew beat the absolute living shit out of Superman? Or the part where they were crushed by that big mountain of rock because Superman was lifting the continent? Which part was lighter?
>>
>>84122024
>I said I hated they dumped Snyder's treatise of Ares being more of a boogeyman for her than an actual villain out right
Where the fuck did you say that?
And what's your source on that, btw?
>>
>>84122117

But anon we all want Luthor to be evil, we want him to do fucked up things but at the same time we want Superman to stop him. Look at everything you listed and remember that this is the same film where Superman saved a crashing plane and took the time to ask everyone if they were OK and saying something so authentically Superman "Well, I hope this experience hasn't put any of you off flying. Statistically speaking, it's still the safest way to travel"

That's the difference and why Snyder is a hack
>>
>>84122117
The part where Superman didn't let his father die, destroy his childhood home, destroy his hometown, destroying Metropolis, and killing Zod Oh and I forgot the part where you could see people being smashed into the ground by the dub step cannon.

Then there is BvS, containing a gratuitous Wayne family massacre, reliving Superman destroying a city, Batman going all Highway of death on a bunch of baddies, half the Justice League destroying Metropolis, and Superman becoming one with the force.
>>
>>84122367
>half the Justice League destroying Metropolis
I don't like BvS, nor Snyder but this didn't happen.
>>
>>84113907
> With Joss, he saw the master board, and he saw a “Batgirl” title and he said, “You guys seriously want to do ‘Batgirl’?” And we said, “Absolutely.” He said, “That’s my jam.”
I can't wait for Joss to get hated off twitter for the third time.
>>
>>84122403
What did you not see the last 1/3 of the movie where Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman level half the city while fighting Doomsday?
>>
>>84122168
My Source is Snyder wrote the story, and that it was mentioned on a thread on /tv/ along with an archive of an article that they changed the ending. They posted an article from some Liberal lover of how the redo was better than what was "Probably" proposed by Snyder. I know Snyder's genius when I see it. It was insinuated that the ending was Ares was more of a McGovern than an actual player in these events. Snyder's genius isn't for everyone. Snyder's like Lynch, And Bay, which is comparable to Jazz. Said another way, the greatness of those cool cats is Jazz to you normies classical music. And knowing you lame duck limp dicked lemons, you're probably to stiff to appreciate sway creativity. Listen fish face, you either love the greatness that is Jazz, or you don't. Now get the fuck off my board, Normie.

>>84122340
Superman was Superman for all of ten years by this point. Our Kal from Man of Steel wasn't Superman until BVS. He was an alien who had a cool suit, in MOS. He was still confused about what he should do. But you noticed that even though he wasn't Superman that he went around saving people? So as long as you noticed that. And I hope you're not one of those people who complained that he fought Zod in the city.
I loved Snyder's Superman because his kryptonite was a socially constructed one and that I loved. Now that he's going to be some glowy fuck tard like you people probably are, You know how you fucks are, kittens in trees, and dog in holes, and all that lame duck shit, He's gonna be lame as fuck.
>>
>>84122597
>My Source is Snyder wrote the story, and that it was mentioned on a thread on /tv/
So, nothing? Provide a source, please, because I googled it for a bit and couldn't find anything on any details or changes made to the supposed Zack Snyder story.
>>
>>84115640
Man of Steel was fucking awful and I'll never fucking get over how shit it was.

>saves kids from dying
And then his shit father tells him he maybe should have had them die. What a wonderful moment.
>>
>>84122557
yeah, because Doomsday would have let them take him by the hand and lead him out of populated areas.

>>84122656
Listen nigger, I don't work for you. You either search for it. Or leave. Fuck If I'll pretend to be your fucking secretary.
>>
>>84122557
Except they fight in some sort of unpopulated island, or something like that. Only when Doomsday breaks out he wrecks some shit, after that the heroes take him to a place with no civilians.
>>
>>84122683
I'm just asking you to back up your own words with factual information, which you obviously can't do. So, until you can prove anything you said it's true, it isn't.
>>
>>84122683
Superman could've easily punched him into the middle of nowhere or space. Hell they could've just left Doomsday out of the movie entirely. Not like it had any real importance in the movie other than to extend running time and 1 up Michael Bay on city destruction/
>>
>>84122725
I could give a fuck about how you feel or what you believe, son. I know what I read. Now if the information posted, article and all were suspect then that's another story. But fuck am I going to try and appease you!
>>
>>84122792
I hope you realize that no matter how awesome you think you are with all your tough guy talk, you're not really proving anyone wrong but just showing how much of a fucking retard you are.
>>
>>84122689
They still fucked up a huge section of the city only for the point of killing Superman and adding in action into a movie that is called Batman versus Superman that contained very little of Batman versus Superman.
>>
>>84117232
Again
>>
>>84113907
>That's my jam
This decade hurts sometimes
>>
>>84115422
>forever evil
>Dark

nigga what?
>>
>>84122761
Superman could not have easily punched him any where. Doomsday is literally stronger than he is. You think he was holding his punches? Or you missed the part where Snyder said Superman in MOS is far weaker than Superman Returns and Reeves Superman?

>>84122837
You think it matters to me what you believe feel or have a propensity for, Ivy league graduate?

>>84122845
I don't think that was at all Snyder's fault. More studio incursion than anything else.
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.