[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he such a madman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: This is real.webm (2MB, 1200x514px) Image search: [Google]
This is real.webm
2MB, 1200x514px
Why is he such a madman?
>>
>>84110575
False bravado instilled by a cult
>>
>>84110575
Anyone would be so impossibly fucked in this situation.
>>
>>84110575
Overcompensating for his crippling manletness
>>
>>84110575
Well, it's not completely real:
>In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Elswit said, “It’s pretty damn crazy; it's over a hundred knots when it takes off. They can slow down pretty quickly, but it still does on a complete circuit. They go up, get altitude, make a complete circuit and land. I think it’s up in the air for about 6-8 minutes before it lands again. It had to be at least 1,000 ft. up. And he’s attached to the thing the whole time. The visual effects that were involved were erasing the wires (which held Cruise to the plane).”
>But, at the same time, there was plenty of planning and practice involved in order to minimize the risks.
>>
>“Tom was in a full body harness and he’s cabled and wired to the plane through [its] door. Inside the aircraft was an aluminum truss that was carefully bolted to the plane, which held the wires that went through the door, which held Tom," the cinematographer said of safety measures. “He was also wearing special contact lenses to protect his eyes. If anything hit him at those speeds it could be really bad. They were very careful about cleaning the runway so there were no rocks. And we took off in certain weather conditions; there were no birds. And he’s sort of protected by the way the air moves over the wing."
>Elswit, an Oscar winner for There Will Be Blood, explained that to get the shot of Cruise, a truss device was built to attach to the plane an ARRI 35mm film camera with a Panavision anamorphic zoom, housed in an aerodynamic Nettmann System's stabilized head. Elswit and members of the camera crew were inside the Airbus, watching the [Airbus-mounted] camera on a video tap. >“I could remotely pan and tilt the camera, " he added.
>"We did the takeoff twice, possibly three times," he said. "We taxied a lot. But the actual takeoff is so grueling and so specific, I think that may have been only twice."
>A helicopter flying alongside the plane, was also used. According to Elswit, "There was a helicopter flying next to us. From the helicopter, we were shooting [the additional aerial perspective] of Tom attached to the door. In the VFX, they erased the [Airbus-mounted] camera that we were shooting with [as it was in the helicopter shot].”
>>
>The cinematographer added that the sequence came together with careful planning by the camera and effects teams, working with the Airbus Defense and Space flight test team (Airbus announced its involvement here). “The first time they did a test with a dummy,” he said. “They then flew with the camera rig, and the day before we went up with a stunt double just to make sure everything was okay.
>"When he wants to do something, he’ll figure out a way to do it," Elswit said of working with Cruise. "He's the most obsessive artist. ... If it couldn't actually be Tom on the plane, I think he wouldn't want the sequence in the movie. That's what happened on the Burj [Khalifa skyscrapter in Dubai, for an action sequence in Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol]. I'm always stunned. What inside of him makes it possible for anybody to do that kind of shit — and not be scared shitless? He loves it.”

Still, big props to Cruise.
>>
>>84110575
Madman. Also has natural game.
>>
Cruise is a true alpha
>>
>>84110766
george clooney please go
>>
>>84110984
what do you mean it's not completely real. of course he was harnessed. but that was actually him strapped to a plane.
>>
File: cruisebus.jpg (113KB, 533x607px) Image search: [Google]
cruisebus.jpg
113KB, 533x607px
>>
>>84110984
still real in my book
>>
>>84110575
is was more suprised that that Airbus could actually fly

what a fucking blunder this plane is
>>
>>84110575
He's hopped up on dat dere Scientology. Cruise is so in tune with his thetans he's immortal.
>>
>>84110575
Also he did 8 fucking takes of that scene
https://youtu.be/afS5ks54tms
>>
>>84110984
>>84111017
>>84111047
Well no shit he was strapped in and they took safety precautions. The man still hung on to the outside of a real airplane while it took off.
>>
Amazing hair genes.
I'm 25 and wind like that would make me look ridiculous.
>>
real man here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkDzd_3nqc
>>
>>84110575
because he is literally mad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O2_rZIgrQI
>>
File: 42CwEF4n.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
42CwEF4n.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>84111452
Holy shit, that was real? Say what you want about Cruise but goddamn if he's not a consummate professional.
>>
>>84110575
indianna jones spent weeks on the roof of an immersed Uboat
>>
>>84110575
He's 5'7", dude.
I'm not gonna spell it out for you, but it starts with "over" and ends with "compensating".
Maybe he's also a walking ad for scientology, like, look, having a lot of thetans does give you incredible abilities! or smth like that.
>>
>>84111660
This. Believing in that batshit insane cult means he must be a bit of a moron but his work ethic is insane.
>>
will the world ever forget about his scientology shit?
>>
>>84111393
There's nothing wrong with the a400
>>
>>84111393
>boing chill

that's something new
>>
>>84111017
>there were no birds

They killed all the birds...

;.;
>>
>>84111452
that's cool, not jackie chan tiers but still cool
>>
hold on this is actually real?
>>
>>84110575
He's dead inside.
>>
>>84112049
Yup. He's wearing a harness which was removed by VFX, other than that it's 100% real.
>>
>>84112145
wow, i thought it was all cgi because I cant really tell the difference between real and cgi these darn days
>>
>>84111017
>But the actual takeoff is so grueling and so specific, I think that may have been only twice."

It's so grueling and so specific, that I forgot how many times we did it
>>
>>84110690
I haven't seen it in a long time, how does he get into the plane again?
>>
>>84111452
god damn it Tom
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Q2MgdMskQ

What did he mean by that?
>>
File: The-Mummy-airplane-sequence.jpg (280KB, 3396x1392px) Image search: [Google]
The-Mummy-airplane-sequence.jpg
280KB, 3396x1392px
The Zero G scene in the new Mummy?
Also real https://youtu.be/moGxVFUJjME
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.