[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your honest opinion of this director?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

File: david-lynch.jpg (92KB, 784x608px) Image search: [Google]
david-lynch.jpg
92KB, 784x608px
What is your honest opinion of this director?
>>
>>84105030
Has the mind of an artistic genius but all geniuses are crazy.

So he usually needs help from other people (Mark Frost, Mary Sweeney) to make his movies/shows coherent and good.
>>
>>84105030
shit pretentious haircut and face
>>
Based waifu caster
>>
>>84105030
plebs like >>84105131 cannot comprehend him
>>
File: king of manlets.png (3KB, 238x80px) Image search: [Google]
king of manlets.png
3KB, 238x80px
10/10 hair for his age, too bad he's a manlet
>>
>>84105898
>LYNCHED XDDD
>>
File: 1496103223132.jpg (81KB, 919x688px) Image search: [Google]
1496103223132.jpg
81KB, 919x688px
Alpha artist, true inspiration.
>>
in dreams
he walks
with you
>>
It's weird because my grandma looks like him.
>>
Shit
>>
>>84105030
Nice hair
>>
>>84105030
hit and miss but likeable
>>
I respect the originality of his art, but I'm not educated enough in film to say anything about it.
>>
He makes entertaining flicks, and plebs mistake his weird sense of humor for depth.
>>
My all-time favorite
>>
>>84105030
overrated hack. Thankfully people are waking up to this due to the shitshow that is Twin Peaks S3
>>
>>84105030
A complete hack.

>DUDE RANDOM LMAO
>>
>>84105030
Overrated hack AND misunderstood genius.
>>
No discernible talent
>>
Some of his films are fantastic. Twin Peaks s3 is the most overrated show I've ever seen on this board though, and that's made me feel somewhat bitter about him.
>>
The best there was, the best there is, the best there ever will be.
>>
>>84105030
Meh.
>>
Who holds a cigarette like that? Is he autistic?
>>
>>84108483
watching King of the Hill has told me that that's the "European" way.
>>
>>84105931
>>
>>84108483
Nah man hes just so fucking cool and different, just look at his hair man
>>
>>84108327
While watching the show I often have to ask myself "would a filmmaker be able to get away with this critically if their name wasn't David Lynch?" Most of the time the answer is 'no'.

Films like Mulholland Drive are great because they're masterfully crafted despite all the zany surrealism. Twin Peaks just kind of- is. There's not much more to it besides what you see, especially considering all the parody elements are heavy-handed. Still a 7.5/10 show, but it's not elevating TV as an art form, just subverting the conventions.
>>
>>84105030
He's like an 80's Lady Gaga, and a huge faggot.
>>
>>84108483
Pretentious asshats that's who
>>
Great hair genes.
>>
I avoided his films for a long time because I expected them to be subversive, satirical, deconstructive, and needlessly convoluted. However, I find his work to be sincere and warm hearted.
>>
Cinema will be a lot poorer when outlaws like he and Herzog are gone.
>>
>>84105157
T.ugly
>>
>>84105030
I want to know which hair pomade he uses.
>>
Never seen any of his works.
>>
File: DANBHzTXkAAYLqI.jpg (190KB, 1200x789px) Image search: [Google]
DANBHzTXkAAYLqI.jpg
190KB, 1200x789px
Bowie is dead, so I can now say for sure that he is the greatest artist alive. But I respect people not liking him, and understand that they are none the less for that.
>>
His greatest skill is his casting, it's often the saving grace for his films that are easy to critically take apart. I have other opinions also.
>>
>>84110401

With this likely being Lynch's last project, the poetry if Bowie shows up is going to be amazing. End of an era.
>>
>>84110401
he seems like a pretty average director who just has unique sensibilities.

Also funny reading what he thinks about Twin peaks s2 as if it was wildly different to the first one
>>
Not my favorite director but I respect him more than any other, because of his creativity, originality and for the perfection of his films.
>>
>>84105030
https://youtu.be/ibMcII_kM2M
twin peaks is of his weaker efforts
>>
>>84105030
best hair in the game
>>
>>84108998
Twin Peaks is to Television what Jazz is to classical Music. Jazz is purposefully off center as is Twin Peaks. You either like it or you don't.
>>
>>84108998
Do you really expect the same level of artistic value from a tv show than a movie? You know there's a reason they put ads in the middle of them. Because the target audience is low IQ plebs.
>>
>>84105030
>dude dreams lol
>>
>>84105030
I'm not his hugest fan. I like some of his films. He's not the master of the surreal, not even close, when it comes to movie making. He's a Hollywood director through and through.

I do find the cult of personality surrounding him a little odd. The whole "Lynchian" phrase becoming a stand in now for all things "surreal" in the past 30 years is annoying. That being said, I have a feeling he actively plays that up for ego.

Don't quote DKW at me, you fags.
>>
Not really a fan but I respect that he makes the kinds of films he wants to make and generally doesn't adhere to traditional Holywood shit.

Industry needs people like him.
>>
At times he just seems to be alienating for the sake of it, seems disingenuous
>>
The first half of his career is 10/10, he lost it around Lost Highway
>>
>>84105131
>he fell for the "lynch is the weird guy, frost is the normal guy to reel him in meme"
Yeah because the Elephant Man, Blue Velvet and Dune were all so weird and out there
>>
>>84107902
this, he just makes feature length youtube poops
>>
>>84108605
it's not
>>
>>84111997
You have no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>84105030
Is that Radovan Karadžić?
>>
He was very close to being JUSTed in the 90s, I'm glad he unfucked himself
>>
>>84105030
Truly, He and Noe Gaspar are the only avant gard visionaries left in cinema.
>>
>>84105030
Every time I see an old man with a full head of luxurious hair I want to commit crimes.
>>
>>84113350
Shit. He really does look like him.
>>
File: lilshit.jpg (17KB, 270x353px) Image search: [Google]
lilshit.jpg
17KB, 270x353px
>>84105030
>>
>>84105030
I think his shit is pointlessly vague and confusing, and that the people who think its all deep and meaningful are idiots. The first season of twin peaks was good though, and I liked Lost Highway.
>>
>>84105030
When it comes to pretentious, overly artistic directors with weird haircuts, I prefer Jim Jarmusch.
>>
>>84114162
Why did he lose?
>>
He makes "art films" for Christopher Nolan and David Fincher fans.
There's a reason Lynch is considered a joke in any better film school
>>
>>84116027
This.
>>
>>84110590
It was, though. >>84116027
Yeah, because those schools are full of bitter faggots. It's easy to talk someone's work down, but actually making something better is another story.
>>
>>84108998
>Films like Mulholland Drive are great because they're masterfully crafted
>Masterfully crafted

It was literally a pilot for a TV series that didn't get picked up and was in limbo for a few years before Lynch screwed some of the pieces together (rehashing Lost Highway's basic plot of someone murdering a lover and not being able to cope therefore creating an alternate reality in their head.)
>>
>>84116027
>film school
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.