[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mulholland Drive - Bum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: pic9.jpg (46KB, 960x518px) Image search: [Google]
pic9.jpg
46KB, 960x518px
Can someone explain this scene to me please?
What does it symbolize?
Was the "monster" invisible for the friend of the guy that fainted/died?

I really need some more explaining
>>
>>84101667
symbolizes the ugly truth that Betty didn't want to confront killing her waifu
If she were confronted with it she would die like the man in her dream.
She killed herself at the end because the truth came to her and she couldn't take it
>>
It symbolizes the brutal reality of Hollywood, which hit all at once, hence the faint of that one guy once he discovers it.
>>
>>84101667
It was nothing, it was just a bum naomi watts saw before falling asleep.
>>
He's a demon who manipulates reality and feeds on hopes and dreams. The old people are his minions. He either created or at least controls the box and key which is a tool that twists reality to his will.
>>
>>84101791
Pretty sure that's common situation in LA
>>
Physical manifestation of the dark aspects of Betty's self, and the real world literally intruding upon her idealized dreamworld.
>>
>>84101667
Well whatever anyone tells you here, David Lynch would tell you that his interpretation is different, but that's fine because he hates direct one dimensional symbolism. So the best thing to do is to get your own interpretation out of the experience.
I just see it as a literal film representation of fear that you don't want to confront.
>>
>>84101892
I don't follow, what exactly?
>>
>>84101909
>>84101791

A mix of these to be perfectly literally desu baka sempai.
>>
>>84101667
it's da poop goblin
>>
>>84101775
Betty didn't kill anybody.
Diane isn't her waifu.
Diane isn't real.
Diane is the actress Betty imagined she would become when she arrived in Hollywood.
>>
>>84101861
The old people are Naomi's parents. They are just torturing her because she wanted them to be proud but obviously that will never happen and she would never tell them the truth.
>>
Is the Cowboy a lodge spirit? You hear buzzing and crackling of electricity when he arrives.
>>
File: pedro.png (375KB, 792x475px) Image search: [Google]
pedro.png
375KB, 792x475px
L.A. is cruel. It's not for everyone.
>>
>>84101667
Guilt
>>
>>84101667
The hobo just represents her fear of failure. It's an extreme archetype: you go to Hollywood to make your fortune and become famous. Instead you end up a hobo on the street covered in shit.
>>
To me, it always made sense that it was Borga, sort of a demon made out of the dream-consciousness of food. You'll notice the food disappears in the diner, and where does food go, it's usually dumped out. Borga is dumped food that has rotten. Why was he so afraid? Because he's been dumping food. Remember the espresso scene where he upchucks the espresso? Dumping food. Lot of dumping and food themes in this film.

Lke 90% of you are saying it's about Hollywood. Where do you come up with this bullshit?
>>
>>84101667
she got fucking stabbed by a midget with an ice pick as revenge for scaring the shit out of that one guy
>>
Pretty sure it was a red herring. Cheap way to make you tense throughout the film.
>>
First half is Diane's dream right?

Man Behind Winkies (actually played by a woman) is Diane's guilt/ugly truth of the hit on that other actress she had ordered in Winkie's.

The monster shows up right before Diane's suicide because again, muh guilt haunting me etc
>>
>>84101667
it was supposed to be a series not a movie and this is one of the many open ends
>>
>>84101667
how can you be so dense?
>>
Same character is in season 3 of Twin Peaks.
>>
youre trying too hard to understand something which doesnt necessarily mean anything , lynch just tries to elicit any kind of emotional response he can.
>>
>>84101667

She's in hell because of her sins, this is her image mirrowed on earth.
>>
File: Lynch.jpg (42KB, 427x448px) Image search: [Google]
Lynch.jpg
42KB, 427x448px
>>84104798
>To me, it always made sense that it was Borga, sort of a demon made out of the dream-consciousness of food. You'll notice the food disappears in the diner, and where does food go, it's usually dumped out. Borga is dumped food that has rotten. Why was he so afraid? Because he's been dumping food. Remember the espresso scene where he upchucks the espresso? Dumping food. Lot of dumping and food themes in this film.

>Lke 90% of you are saying it's about Hollywood. Where do you come up with this bullshit?
>>
File: 2353464362352543254.jpg (131KB, 1913x1032px) Image search: [Google]
2353464362352543254.jpg
131KB, 1913x1032px
post your face when
>>
File: MDUHHH.jpg (407KB, 1998x1580px) Image search: [Google]
MDUHHH.jpg
407KB, 1998x1580px
>>84107713
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.