[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Sauron fund his armies? What was his tax plan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0594.jpg (33KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0594.jpg
33KB, 400x399px
How did Sauron fund his armies? What was his tax plan?
>>
>>84101349
>IMG_0594.jpg
Abandon thread.
>>
Flat tax, the most evil of all taxes.
>>
File: IMG_0593.jpg (10KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0593.jpg
10KB, 242x251px
>>84101372
Why didn't frodo just use his iPhone to call Gandalf?
>>
>>84101349
He went short on Gondor's housing market and launched an invasion in order to crash the prices. This allowed him to meet the monthly payments required for military upkeep.
>>
>>84101349
>Together, my Lord Sauron, we shall rule this Middle-Earth. The old world will burn in the fires of industry. The forests will fall. A new order will rise. We will drive the machinery of war
Unspecified income from early industrial revolution progress.
>>
>>84101349
well, actually when they got frodo's silver shirt the orcs's like everything goes to the eye, and when the other orc tries to keep it he was going to be killed

so I'm guess mordor runs on some kind of communism or facisim
>>
>>84101349
Tolkien was actually making a political statement about big oil. That's why they had to dig the orcs out of the ground.
>>
>>84102074
Not only big oil but just industrialization in general. Just look at the way they destroy nature for fuel and pump out their souless production of steel.
>>
>fund

Slavery. Who needs wages when all your army wants is to kill things, and all you need them for is killing things.

Also WE WUZ ELVES AND SHIET.
>>
>>84101349
The orcs were promised asylum in western lands where the welfare flows freely.
>>
File: 1493402520845.png (246KB, 356x364px) Image search: [Google]
1493402520845.png
246KB, 356x364px
Was Frodo gay for Sam?
>>
Who are the Jews of Middle Earth?
>>
>>84103118
The Dwarves
>>
>>84103159
Yup

Men - Whites
Dwarves - Jews
Elves - Chinks
Orcs - Blacks
Easterlings - Arabs
>>
>>84103031
No Frodo is gay for Smeagol, so Sam be friendzoned, but he stuck around long enough to pick up the bits after Frodo got Chadded by Smeagol
>>
>>84103175
>Elves = chinks
Fuck off Wang Chung, elves = Nordics
>>
>>84103279
Doesn't age
Knows what white people thing is ancient magic
Slimmer build then men
Have the best relationship with whites out of all the minorities
Their Fathers don't want their daughters marrying white guys but the daughters do anyway

Hell, even Legolas is modeled after a Thai ladyboy hooker

Evles are asians, deal with it
>>
File: 1493857693108.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493857693108.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>84103333
>>
>>84103175
orcs are chinks, tolkien said himself they have mongoloid appearance
>>84103279 is right
>>
What was the GDP of Mordor? How did Sauron's economic policies affect the its growth?
>>
>>84103279
LOL no they're not
>>
His trade agreement with the easterlings helped fund his army
>>
File: 1496843349122.jpg (81KB, 702x394px) Image search: [Google]
1496843349122.jpg
81KB, 702x394px
>>84103421
Sauron's economics had a detrimental effect on the GDP of Mordor. Racists will use this to imply that orcs are different from humans, this is untrue.
>>
File: taxes.jpg (27KB, 700x424px) Image search: [Google]
taxes.jpg
27KB, 700x424px
>We have sought offshore banking accounts, but can not hold them for long. We cannot escape. They have audited Balin and the Ori. Frár and Lóni and Náli are next. The IRS are up to the wall at the Westgate. The auditor in the Wallstreet office took Óin. We cannot get out. The end comes. Tax collectors, tax collectors in the deep.
This scene filled my heart with dismay, very emotional.
>>
>>84101349
He also promised his armies that if they liked their doctor, they'd be able to keep their doctor, not to mention getting a $2,500 credit.
>>
File: Grond_arrives.png (791KB, 952x532px) Image search: [Google]
Grond_arrives.png
791KB, 952x532px
>BOND BOND BOND BOND
>>
Say I'm the mayor of a city in Gondor and I just throw open the city gates as soon an orc arrives.

How fucked am I? Will Sauron let me keep the city as a fief if I swear fealty to him? Will he throw me in a dungeon and let the orcs rape everybody?
>>
File: Denethor.jpg (23KB, 485x323px) Image search: [Google]
Denethor.jpg
23KB, 485x323px
>>84104461
Are you racist master Anon?
>>
>>84104400
tiny mixer hands
>>
>You can't put down any dependants, Sam!!!
>I made a promise, Mr Fredonia, a promise. Don't you let him forget that is Adjusted Gross Income doesn't include his inheritance from his Uncle Bilbo becuase that is currently in Bilbo's estate because even though he has named you his heir apparent, heirs only become a class after the death of Bilbo, Samwise Gamgee, and I don't mean to, I don't mean to.
>Oh, Sam
>>
>>84101349
Was it Universal Basic Income?
>>
Saurumpf
>>
>>84101349
He basically used Lex Luthors real estate plan from Superman 1 but succeded
>>
>>84101349
Why did Sauron just not build his tower over Minas Tirith and commit suicide to cause an earthquake to end mankind? He can't die if the ring is destroyed.
>>
>>84105586
His land was Mordor, why would he build his tower anywhere else?
>>
It began with the forging of the Great forms...
three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, capable of making great investments...

seven to the dwarf lords, great hoarders of capital gains in the mountain halls...

And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of men, who above all else, desire a refund
>>
For within these rings was bound the strength and will to tax each race.

But they were all of them deceived.

...for another form was made.

In the land of Mordor, in the dark basement of the IRS...the Dark Lord Sauron forged in a secret a master form to control them all
>>
And into this form he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to to collect all income.

One Form to rule them all...

One by one, the earnings of Middle Earth fell to the power of the form.

But there were some...who resisted.
>>
>>84105665
His tower has magical earthquake powers that occurs when it gets destroyed
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.