[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why people act as if will and elizabeth were the main characters/protagonists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2335.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2335.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
Why people act as if will and elizabeth were the main characters/protagonists when they never were

Pic related since movie 1
>>
>>84091342
Jack was a supporting character in the first film, just like he should be. He doesn't work as the main character, which is one reason the sequels were so shit.
>>
Because they were.
Jack was a super charismatic support role in 1, that started souring a bit in 2-3. 4th one was the one all about him, and was pretty weak.
Haven't watched 5.
>>
>>84091342
Because people think the protagonists are the ones they most identify with and W & E are relative normies compared to Sparrow. Most moviegoers didn't identify with the unhinged recluse desu
>>
>>84091342
>>84091430
>>84091504
>>84091546

People even like Will and Elizabeth? Both are unlikable as fuck imo

I agree about Jack not working alone tho. But those two are pretty annoying
>>
>>84091787
>People even like Will and Elizabeth? Both are unlikable as fuck
That was not the question, though. Unlikeable as Will and Elizabeth might be (I thought they were both okay in the first movie, BTW) they're still the main characters.
>>
>>84091504
Every story/villain/purpose revolves around Jack, movies are like "jacks adventures"
>>
>>84092098
Not really. Curse of the Black Pearl revolves around Will and Elizabeth; Will is the key the antagonists need to free themselves and for that they kidnap his love interest. Will is a hero who goes on a journey to save her and Jack, while involved, only has a wacky Han Solo type role.

The others do revolve more around him, though.
>>
>>84092273
First movie: jack adventure claiming bavk the pearl, with offsidequest will and eliz
Second movie: jack wanting inmortality, it starts jack getting the key
Third movie: supporting chars save jack, to destroy davey the ultimate evil, with a twist making will inmortal

4 and 5, jack adventures finding treasures
>>
>>84092544
Bet you think Aragorn was the main character in Lord of the Rings, or that Tron was the main character in... well, Tron. Probably should've been, but he's not. It's Flynn. And Frodo, and Will.

In Curse, I mean.
>>
There can be more than one "main" character in a story. Sometimes it's hard to find who the "main" character is because there are so many characters who get so much focus.

Captain Sparrow isn't necessarily the "hero" of the story, but he's a main character who also serves to support the other main characters. A two in one sort of thing. I don't think it's right to call him not a main character, because he is a main character.
>>
>>84091342
I always thought jack sparrow was a comic relief character
>>
>>84091342
Will and Elizabeth were essential to keep the Sparrow character from going off the rails completely. The wacky hijinks cease to be wacky when you're doing them constantly.
>>
>Talks about MC
Who's the MC on pic related?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.