[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most underrated science-fiction film of the 21st century?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ww_hiding.jpg (155KB, 1280x694px) Image search: [Google]
ww_hiding.jpg
155KB, 1280x694px
Is this the most underrated science-fiction film of the 21st century?
>>
It's pretty good, falls apart in the last act because it was rushed, they planned quite a bit more

the basement dragging on is a massive shitstain on this movie, it's really great otherwise
>>
>>84090904

Its a fucking remake of a fucking adaptation.
>>
>>84090968
This. Perfectly put
>>
>>84090904
Not even comparable to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds
>>
>>84090980
What makes you say that? Are you sure they didn't just base it off of the book? It was a better adaptation of the book than the first one anyway
>>
>>84090968
Really? I didn't feel like it was rushed at all. I thought it was paced extremely well. The chemistry between Cruise and Fanning is amazing as well. Basically the whole movie is father-daughter moments and unbelievably tense action scenes anyway. The basement scene is very, very expositional so it comes off as corny, so I can see why it bugs you. It definitely is a low point.
>>
>>84091193
After they get off the boat there was suppose to be a mini arc with them in a village with lots of survivors, then they got attacked & run straight to the hill battle, it explains why so many survivors were running towards the military & why Cruise's son was so angry

The hill battle itself was suppose to be the big epic showdown in the movie, lots of awesome concept art for it, but they didn't have time for it

I feel like they wouldn't have dragged on the basement scene if they kept the village & hill battles in, but im not sure, seems they left it rather unedited to pad out the running time
>>
File: 91fX-yNttQL._SY445_.jpg (45KB, 315x445px) Image search: [Google]
91fX-yNttQL._SY445_.jpg
45KB, 315x445px
>>84090904
Its better than the critics claim, but I think Eden Log is way more underrated. What the fuck were the critics thinking

We watched it in my film class as someone's pick and I was really impressed after I read the reviews and expected a turd
>>
>>84090904
So did Tom Cruise replace Nicolas Cage as the number one actor that /tv/ worships like a god and treats everything he is in as a master piece?
>>
Anytime I think of children ruining a movie, I go to this.

Dakota spends the entire thing screeching like a banshee and its enough to ruin any scene she is in
>>
>>84091695
downloading now, what is it?
>>
>>84091439
It works fucking perfectly as it is though. The way the movie just suddenly "takes cover" for an entire act is pretty great and it kinda hits you a little suddenly and unexpectedly, like many other elements of the film.

Cruise of the Worlds is amazing just because of the feelings of realism/believeability it manages to create through pacing and other elements.
>>
>>84091931
>Children don't scream when they're witnessing and standing in the middle of horrifying events

I never got this critique. She behaved like a 10 year old girl would behave in such circumstances.
>>
>>84092777
Behaving realistically doesn't make something better. If something is annoying and shitty, then its annoying and shitty.

Daytime talk shows are annoying women acting like annoying women. Does that make them good?
>>
>>84092408
>The way the movie just suddenly "takes cover" for an entire act is pretty great and it kinda hits you a little suddenly and unexpectedly, like many other elements of the film.

I agree with this.

The movie made you feel like you had to run/hide to stay alive. A lot of it was trying to get away from something that was clearly going to kill you. Really primal.
>>
>>84090904
>War of the World's
>a modern remake of Independence Day
>Instead of the humans developing a computer virus to defeat the aliens, the aliens just get sick and die due to an actual virus

A bit on the nose with that one.
>>
>>84093883
Yeah there was very little of the "brave human takes on the evil aliums" in this one. All the characters except the idiot son are scared shitless and just want to find a suitable place to hide the fuck out the whole movie.
>>
most underrated science-fiction novel of the 19th century
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.