[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like Godard movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Do you like Godard movies?
>>
>>84087159
I've only seen a couple plus change of his earlier, including Breathless and Pierrot le fou, and I'd say I found them worthwhile as far as "New Wave" goes. Czech New Wave is superior, however.
I plan to watch what you posted, and Alphaville next, then maybe move on to his older stuff.
>>
only 2

most are terrible.
>>
>>84087159
i havent seen many but A Woman Is A Woman is one of my all time favorites.
Made in USA and Vivre sa Vie are great as well.
>>
Yes, thanks for asking.
>>
Of course I'm not a massive pleb
>>
>>84087159
mostly

does /tv/ still hate him the most out of all the big name directors in history?

>>84087293
>Czech New Wave is superior, however.
regardless if one agreed with this or not, why even make this statement (and similar "x is better than y" comments out of nowhere)? it's not germane to the thread topic and just invites shitflinging
>>
>>84087511
his only good film was basically handed to him on a platter by truffaut
>>
I've only seen a few, but I liked Vivre sa vie a lot, as well as Breathless and Band of Outsiders. I thought Weekend was a jumbled mess that felt like a Marxism 101 lesson.
>>
>>84087921
he just wrote a two page treatment and made zero creative contributions after that

if story is that important to you when judging a movie, why not just read books?
>>
>>84087921
which film was that?
>>
>>84088099
Breathless
>>
A bout de soufflé and Weekend. The first one felt empty and mundane. It's just some french crook going around in Paris making bland small talk with other bland characters.

The second one is actually very good. It had some spectacular scenes and some surreal/absurd parts that seem 2deep4me (Emili Bronte in the woods, wtf?).
>>
Yes, Weekend in particular is fantastic.
>>
>>84087828
>does /tv/ still hate him the most out of all the big name directors in history?

From what I have seen in threads, yes.
>>
I really liked Comtempt (I forgot French name) since it was basically a huge meta FUCK YOU to the people wanting him to make the movie.
>>
I've seen most of his films and I only disliked three:

Every Man For Himself
For Ever Mozart
Goodbye to Language

though those are all in his third era (his work 1980-present), I find that period to be generally more interesting than his famous 60s films
>>
>>84087650
I love vivre sa vie, and made in usa was
Ok. I have a woman is a woman on dvd, but Ialways get bored.
>>
>>84090202
>a woman is a woman on dvd, but Ialways get bored.
Criterion edition? it's out-of-print so you could sell it at a decent price
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.