[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two more films and QT retires - will you miss him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: he went to films.jpg (61KB, 1000x809px) Image search: [Google]
he went to films.jpg
61KB, 1000x809px
>"I’m really well versed on a lot of directors’ careers, you know, and when you look at those last five films when they were past it, when they were too old, and they’re really out of touch with the times, whether it be William Wyler and The Liberation of L.B. Jones or Billy Wilder with Fedora and then Buddy Buddy or whatever the hell. To me, it’s all about my filmography, and I want to go out with a terrific filmography. Death Proof has got to be the worst movie I ever make. And for a left-handed movie, that wasn’t so bad, all right? — so if that’s the worst I ever get, I’m good. But I do think one of those out-of-touch, old, limp, flaccid-dick movies costs you three good movies as far as your rating is concerned."

>"Death Proof’ has got to be the worst movie I ever make. And for a left-handed movie, that wasn’t so bad, all right? – so if that’s the worst I ever get, I’m good. But I do think one of those out-of-touch, old, limp, flaccid-dick movies costs you three good movies as far as your rating is concerned."

>"Drop the mic. Boom. Tell everybody, ‘Match that shit"

>"Hopefully, the way I define success when I finish my career is that I’m considered one of the greatest filmmakers that ever lived. And going further, a great artist, not just filmmaker"
>>
Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 were Quentin's worst movies.
>>
>>84087112

>George Miller
>Robert Bresson
>Tarkovsky

Just off the top of my head.
>>
Tarantino is the only director that I will see every time he is in theaters and know for certain that I will be entertained. He's not on the level of the more substantial directors but he's probably the most consistently entertaining director.

Also the "Tarantino sucks because I like The Good The Bad and the Ugly more than Kill Bill" crows is pure cancer and hating QT is the worst /tv/ meme. If more directors were inspired by 70s movies than fucking Zack Snyder movies we'd all be better off.
>>
I'd say his time is already up. He hasn't made a good film since...
>>
>>84087306
I think he sucks but I'm not memeing.

'inspired by' is too generous; try 'copy-pasted'
>>
He's made only one good movie.
>>
Death Proof is his only good film confirmed.
>>
How can one man be so far up his own ass, I swear to Allah
>>
>>84087328
From Dusk Till Dawn
>>
>>84087378
the only stuff he copies is when he is blatantly making an homage

even then like I said I wish more directors would copy actually good movies rather than putting out samey bland shit where you can't even tell who made it
>>
>>84087456
>blatantly making an homage

No, he's blatantly stealing. When you've consistently copied scenes, that's not homage: that's thievery.
>>
>>84087388
This. And that's only because of MEW
>>
>>84087503
I could make a case against focusing on a higher interpretation on the way cinema functions and the psyches of the viewer, but it'd be a waste, because Tarantino is a hack and is a copy cat.
>>
>>84087328
Reservoir Dogs
>>
>>84087503
Can't say I agree. He came into prominence as the "post modern" director. He references old films heavily but still puts out films different from anything else in theaters. Besides, it's not as if 95% of spaghetti westerns of blaxploitation or whatever aren't all exactly the same.
>>
>>84087306
>entertaining
his dialogue drags a lot tho...uneconomical ramblings
>>
>>84087328
The Hateful Eight
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.