[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has any show aside from Gotham turned into pure kino after a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: gotham.jpg (92KB, 951x511px) Image search: [Google]
gotham.jpg
92KB, 951x511px
Has any show aside from Gotham turned into pure kino after a shitty first season? That season three finale was incredible.
>>
>>84083285
>That season three finale was incredible.
It was, and it perfectly wrapped up the series. Now time for them to kill it with unnecessary follow up seasons
>>
i absolutely hate that the RESURRECT every character like 2 times
>>
>>84083285
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
>>
>>84083285
Young Bruce kicking criminals in the tits was killer. Batman(let) gunna need to get swole
>>
File: vlcsnap-00179.jpg (54KB, 1912x1072px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00179.jpg
54KB, 1912x1072px
>>84083687
Would anyone else vouch for this? Everyone says this about Flash and Arrow but they were both the same teeny bopper soap opera killer of the week garbage. Despite having a shoestring budget Gotham has amazing production values. It actually looks and feels like a comic book show, feels cinematic as fuck. Guess that's what happens when you have people with actual talent working on the cinematography, sets and lighting.

I just skimmed through a few random Youtube clips of Agents of Shield, it looks like the same low budget garbage as Flash and Arrow (despite probably having a higher budget than Gotham).
>>
>>84083285
I'm currently rewatching it and there really is a clear shift in tone somewhere in the second season.
I really liked the mafia parts in season one though, Penguin and Falcone were great. Fuck Fish.
>>
File: strange is back.webm (2MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
strange is back.webm
2MB, 1280x718px
>>84084118
>really is a clear shift in tone somewhere in the second season.
My memory is pretty fuzzy about season one but I don't think there was a change in anything other than story. Season one was bogged down with it's killer of the week format, so every episode is inconsequential and boring, you know it has no relevance aside from one or two minutes worth of Penguin plot development. If my memory is right season one still had the amazing sets, excellent use of colors and kino cinematography, with perfectly campy acting without being obnoxious. The overarching story development (mostly with Penguin) was great, but the killer of the week stuff which made up 95% of the season was a chore to sit through.

I don't think there was a change in anything for season two aside from ditching the killer of the week format so we could have an actual story. The acting and chemistry between the actors was still top notch in season one, but without an engaging story to prop up the characters and explore them in meaningful ways, we weren't able to recognize that.
>>
>>84083971
AoS is like Gotham in that it starts out with a naff Monster of the Week deal but progresses to kino arcs by the end of the first season.
>>
>>84083971
Nah, Flash and Arrow keep getting worse, or at best heavily fluctuate. Gotham and AoS improve constantly.
>>
>>84084118
Really, killing Fish was the best thing the series did to improve it's quality.
>>
Season 1 was great. You guys just cant handle a bunch of storylines. I honestly quit watching with the whole "gay penguin".
>>
>>84088594
>I honestly quit watching with the whole "gay penguin".
You missed the best part and the payoff of that entire storyline.
>>
>>84084825
Strange shouldn't be a gook.
>>
>>84089164
y not?
>>
>>84083285
Parks and rec
>>
>>84083285
Seinfeld
>>
File: 98141208804.jpg (34KB, 1080x714px) Image search: [Google]
98141208804.jpg
34KB, 1080x714px
>>84083285
I thought the finale was a little disappointing desu. When it comes down to it the show doesn't really take risks, and the finale was filled with missed opportunities like that. At least the rest of the season was entertaining.

I hope my jewfu puts on the batsuit next season.
>>
>>84083285
>Gotham
Shit I dropped this 3 episodes in, guess I'll give it a second chance
>>
>>84083479
The only big thing they left unanswered was the fate of Clone Bruce.
>>
>>84091159
He's going to expire very soon. He was dying. He has no future.
>>
>>84083479
It was already renewed for a fourth season.
>>
>>84091050
Like bruce should bot be featured that much. Its gotham not batman. Gotham has always been a pit. The writers are falling in love with characters instead of focusing on story.
>>
>>84091844
It wasn't renewed until towards the end of s3.
>>
>>84090344
Just doesn't feel right.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.