[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Andy as Regional Manager

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: andy the office.jpg (413KB, 1199x1600px)
andy the office.jpg
413KB, 1199x1600px
Looking back, isn't Andy by far one of the WORST candidates to become regional manager after Michael leaves?

Andy's a dick. Nobody likes Andy. He's written to be one of those guys who was a douche in high school and peaked in high school and is desperately trying to recapture the feeling of being an Alpha by just being an asshole to people.

Everyone knows an Andy in real life. Everyone hates their Andy's. They tried to make Andy, and therefore the "Alpha Chad" archetype sympathetic when he became regional manager and it fucked everything up.

Though I must admit when Andy had anger issues he was okay. But that's only because he did insane shit like punch holes in walls for shock factor.
>>
The Office needs a douchebag regional manager who nobody likes.
>>
>>84081075
But Michael Scott wasn't hateable at all, he was the best character.

Maybe I just say that because I see a lot of myself in Michael. I'm not "on the spectrum" like Michael is but I was in and out of the hospital for a good chunk of my school days so I didn't get much social interaction. So like Michael, I always try to make people laugh and it fails pretty often and sucks the air out of the room (but nowhere near as often as it fails for Michael).
>>
>>84081481
Scott was a huge asshole, go back and watch the first season.
>>
>>84081526
Scott is undeniably a huge asshole (though saying go back and watch season 1 is kind of cheating because that's peak Michael asshole and that's when they first started the show) but he's still loveable! Andy however is not.
>>
>>84080850
He went to Cornell
>>
>>84080850
From a practical standpoint you are right.
It seems like the managers are picked form the sales teams and IIRC Jim didn't want the job because he didn't want it as a career and Dwight fucked up beyond repair with the gun incident.
So that just left Andy and Phyllis as the other salesmen. Phyllis doesn't have a leadership personality and I don't think it is ever mentioned if she went to college or not. Andy was much more qualified for the job on paper.

Ideally though if they were going to hire someone from the floor for the job it should have been Oscar.
>>
>>84081975
Don't forget Stanley.

In fact, it might make the most sense for it to be Stanley because he clearly knows how to run the business. He worked alongside Michael for years when Michael was a salesperson. Stanley is just kind of lazy and probably wouldn't get much done.
>>
>>84082103
I knew I forgot a salesman.

Stanley is checked out he says multiple times he is just coating until retirement. He doesn't want that shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.