[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Remakes you enjoyed, no matter how shameful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

ITT: Remakes you enjoyed, no matter how shameful
>>
>>84078065
I liked it too man. Loved the original, but the remake was comfy.
>>
>>84078065
Technically not a remake but Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Yeah Depp was kinda bad but the film looked great, was tons of fun and i had a huge crush on Anna Sophia Robb
>>
File: emma and the beast.jpg (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
emma and the beast.jpg
281KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>84078941

Really?

I have heard nothing but bad things about that one
>>
Dawn of the Dead
>>
Total recall. Yes the original is a thousand times better but the remake perfectly encapsulates all the cliches of the modern "mind-bending sci fi action" genre. BWAH music, fast-cutting shaky cam fight scenes, matrix style rebellion leader, poorly-executed twists, etc. Everything in it has been done better at some point but in this it's so self serious and unironic that it's almost endearing in how bland it is. It's not the best early 2010s sci fi action movie but it's the MOST early 2010s sci fi action movie that ever was.
>>
>>84079654

This and Evil Dead
>>
>>84079131
It's pretty subjective but the original is far too hokey for me to enjoy over the newer one. I genuinely think people hate the new one mainly because of nostalgia for the original in this case
>>
>>84079131
It's a good film so long as you like Tim Burton's style. It definitely doesn't surpass the original but it's worth giving a chance to.

The songs absolutely suck though, that aspect hasn't aged well.
>>
File: oskar-owen-and-eli-abby.jpg (38KB, 596x197px) Image search: [Google]
oskar-owen-and-eli-abby.jpg
38KB, 596x197px
>>
>>84080276

Evil Dead was great, genuinely one of my favorite recent horror movies.

Soundtrack was also great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOyOhW3YtOc
>>
>>84079062
I'm a musicalfag and I've always wanted to play the Beast on stage so the refined focus on the Beast's character in the remake made me happy. I liked it.
>>
>>84078065
Dawn of the Dead
Hills Have Eyes

Both excellent remakes.
>>
>>84079654
>>84080276
>>84081276

Lets not forget about the Day of the Dead remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWCP1DYfbEw
>>
File: the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo.jpg (482KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo.jpg
482KB, 1600x900px
orders of magnitude more than the original

I'm sad the re-remakes are dropping her
>>
File: evil_dead__span.jpg (54KB, 600x305px) Image search: [Google]
evil_dead__span.jpg
54KB, 600x305px
it felt really fucking well done
>>
File: dark-water-2005-20-g.jpg (241KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
dark-water-2005-20-g.jpg
241KB, 1200x800px
I liked more than the jap
>>
>>84082143

I still have no idea why they are dropping her
>>
>>84080276
>>84080665
>>84082232
Will it ever be continued or has Ash vs Evil Dead (as much as I like that show) fucked over those plans?
>>
RoboCop. I love the original but the remake was fine. I don't get the hate for it. Plus it had based Michael Keaton before Birdman made him cool again.
>>
>>84082451
Fede Alvarez is attached to like 5 different movies right now, I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>>84082379
it is a frustratingly bad decision
>>
>>84082451

At most they will put the girl in the series

But I doubt it
>>
>>84081362
World War Z remake when? Shame Walking Dead killed zombie movies.
>>
File: remakes.jpg (1MB, 1028x2227px) Image search: [Google]
remakes.jpg
1MB, 1028x2227px
>>
>>84083364
Is the thing really a remake of a movie or is it an adaptation of source material that was already made into a totally different movie?
>>
>>84083952
remake http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044121/
>>
>>84083987
I was under the impression that aside from the title and the idea of aliens in the arctic there were no similarities between the two. I could be wrong I've only seen Carpenter's
>>
>>84083364
Are Invasion of the Body Snatchers and 12 Monkeys really remakes?
I know 12 monkeys was a sort of remake of the wierd french deal but I don't think it counts as a remake does it? As for Body Snatchers I thought the remake was called The Invasion.
>>
>>84085361
12 monkeys it's a remake of la jetee

>https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x125ph1_la-jetee-1962_shortfilms
>>
The Thing (2011 version)
>>
>>84078065
I didn't love it, but this sure sucked a whole lot less than I thought it would. Pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>84078065
Evil Dead
True Grit
The Departed
Carrie
>>
>>84084770
It's the story of what happened in the Swedes/Nords camp that MacReady and the others chopper to in the Carpenter film. It's technically a prequel, and they do well about setting up little things (the big block of ice, the ax in the door, the guy with the frozen slit wrists) but they also try to recreate scenes form Carpenter's, so it'sd a weird prequel/remake hybrid.
>>
dɯnq
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.