[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was she autistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nnnkfj8vZC1unzjyvo2_1280.jpg (205KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnnkfj8vZC1unzjyvo2_1280.jpg
205KB, 1280x768px
Was she autistic?
>>
>>84067245
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aK6JnyFmk

yes
>>
can somebody tell me what was so good about this film apart from the cinematography?
>>
>>84067616
Faye
>>
>>84067616
Faye's hot and it was a cute romance story but her character definitely acted like an autist.
>>
>>84067616
Quirky close ups, cute cute girl, greenish filter and 90s music
>>
>>84067670
>quirky close ups
>greenish filter
those are cinematography

>90's music
the soundtrack was not from the 90s (the only song I'm not sure is the Chinese language one, I think it was a Cranberries cover?)

I was more looking for somebody to explain what's so good about the story/characters, I feel I might have missed something.
Maybe it's because it's one of the first Chinese films about loneliness/alienation?
>>
File: 1497028547515.jpg (66KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
1497028547515.jpg
66KB, 550x412px
>>84067245
tfw fell in love with fictional character
>>
Maniac pixie girl meets regular (but handsome ) loner with an endearing quirk about him in fast paced exciting metropolis. I'm not knocking it but it's a rom-com tier plot elevated only by WKW's directing and a bizarre two act structure where the first act has only the most ancillary relationship to the second
>>
>all the leaves are brown starts playing
>>
>>84067790

I think Ebert's review sums it up:

>At UCLA last summer,Quentin Tarantinointroduced a screening of "Chungking Express” and confessed that while watching it on video, "I just started crying.” He cried not because the movie was sad, he said, but because "I'm just so happy to love a movie this much.” I didn't have to take out my handkerchief a single time during the film, and I didn't love it nearly as much as he did, but I know what he meant: This is the kind of movie you'll relate to if you love film itself, rather than its surface aspects such as story and stars. It's not a movie for casual audiences, and it may not reveal all its secrets the first time through, but it announcesWong Kar-Wai, its Hong Kong-based director, as a filmmaker in the tradition ofJean-Luc Godard.

>It needs to be said, in any event, that a film like this is largely a cerebral experience: You enjoy it because of what you know about film, not because of what it knows about life.

The characters, I thought, weren't particularly great. They were both pretty immature. But wong kar Wais cinematography and the satisfying story arcs and plot devices are what makes his movies great. But it's just not as deep as you might want it to be.
>>
>>84070352
thanks for this
>You enjoy it because of what you know about film, not because of what it knows about life.
I guess that's exactly how I felt about it, I liked it viscerally, but I still was disappointed a bit, I think Tsai-Ming Liang films do both of these things, I guess I just like him more but WKW is still good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.