[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you like about BvS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15

File: amy.png (1MB, 1786x1004px) Image search: [Google]
amy.png
1MB, 1786x1004px
What did you like about BvS?
>>
>>84062045
I can tell that she shaves
>>
>>84062045
Alexander Luthor Jr.
>>
>>84062045
>imagine being Henry Cavill in that scene, etc
>>
The battle at the end and the overall dark vibe
>>
>>84063164
You mean, imagine being Amy Adams in that scene
>>
how does he cum without cutting her in half?
>>
>>84062045
Jeremy Irons, Gal Gadot and some special effects. Affleck was ok too.

Everything else was a trainwreck.
>>
>>84064055
He's refering to the Arnold pasta.
>>
>>84065362
that anon was probably talking about receding hairline meme or something in the same vein
>>
>>84065371
Lmao is that meme still going on?
>>
what if you started shitting in the already full bath until it was all shit and the water was all over the floor, ruining the apartment
>>
>>84062045
I hated the theatrical cut. The extended cut is a masterpiece. As high a reflection on the Hero's Journey as there can be.

Eisenberg's retarded delivery of Luthor's lines is still cringeworthy, though.
>>
>>84062045
The movie.
>>
>>84062045
The final attack on doomsday. It was a great display of teamwork.

That is the only thing I liked about that trainwreck
>>
Amy Adams is over 40 and she's literally hotter than every other single Hollywood actor.

Amy Adams > (((Gal Gadot)))
>>
>>84062045
Everything
The movie is a masterpiece
>>
>>84067863
You have pretty low standards
>>
>>84067761
I liked Diana's setup and Clark's takedown.
>>
>>84067845
it's remarkable how great Amy Adams looks
more remarkable how everyone conveniently ignores her when they talk about how hollywood doesn't cast "older" women
>>
>>84067761
>liking the worst part of the film
>>
It was actually a movie. It had beautiful set pieces, some very dark tones and wasn't a meme factory for 2 hours straight with LE WITTY DIALOGUES and MUH FUNNY REFERENCES!
>>
>>84067863
I actually agree. It's so good I can't even think of it as being the same sort of movie as most of the "cape" stuff I've ever seen.
>>
>>84062045
>super serious superhero color grading for big boys who read Nietzsche
>>
>>84062045
Henry cavill's hairy chest
>>
>>84068080
>comic book films always have to be bright and flat or else they're edgy and tryhard
>Nietzsche has no value beyond appealing to teenage tryhards
Wanna know how I know you're an idiot?
>>
File: images (5).jpg (12KB, 225x225px)
images (5).jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>84062045
Nothing. It was garbage. I guess Batman looked cool.
>>
>>84068291
Go ahead, explain to me how the villain in this kids movie is the ubermensch of the 21st century or some such nonsense
>>
File: 1497815731762s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1497815731762s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>84062772
You're kind of a retard huh?
>>
Nothing except the batman fight scene of course
>>
>>84068367
>too stupid to understand Nietzsche
>too stupid to understand the plot of a summer blockbuster superhero film
>too stupid to understand use of analogies in film
"n-no... it's everyone else who is an idiot..."
>>
>>84068567
Who are you quoting?
>>
The R cut of the movie should have shown a bit more from this scene
>>
The tone and characters are ultimately the big draw for me but BVS (and SS especially) really irked me.
They just scream of wasted potential and there is a lot of incoherent story telling in DC atm. i have big hopes for Reeves Batman as i think hes a good director and hopefully will get the best of Battfleck if he's still around. Not sold on JL yet, feel like it has something to prove- but its got my money nonetheless.
>>
I liked the style and the action scenes. I wish there were more bright coloured day scenes to be juxtaposition to Batman's scenes and the fight between him and Superman. I also would have liked to see the Clark Kent investigating Batman scenes, in the theatrical release. I always love it when he balances being an intrepid reporter and a superhero.
Other than the pacing the film would have been pretty good.
>>
>>84065420
Based shit poster
>>
>>84062045
As someone who frequently dumps on the movie, I will admit I liked the warehouse fight scene, and it's gotten me pretty hyped for the Batman solo movie.
>>
>>84062045
That pool was empty before Henry walked in
>>
>>84068367
Batman was the ubermensch you dumbass. Not Lex.
>>
>>84062089
Women don't have facial hair, idiot.
>>
>>84072429
>>
>>84072480
>the exception not the rule.
>>
>>84062045
I like pretty much everything. Theatrical cut was okay. Ultimate cut was great. I think the only thing I didn't like was the delivery on some of Luthor's lines, but I did like the concept of the character overall. Also the fucking Justice League advertisements were a drag.

>>84067895
She's somehow gotten more beautiful as she's aged. What fucking contract did she sign with which version of Satan?

>>84071416
>I always love it when he balances being an intrepid reporter and a superhero.
Yeah. The scenes are also important because it shows that Clark was trying to throw some heat on the Batman through conventional means, but Perry kept shutting him down. He didn't want to have to confront him as Superman, and only did so as a last resort, which is an escalation that's completely lost in the theatrical cut.
>>
>>84068378
I'm less retarded than the anon who uses frogs to express their thoughts.
>>
In a market saturated with boring, one-dimensional, post-camp, ironic superhero stories, this is one that actually aims to be about something and stubbornly refuses to laugh at itself. The problem of evil in religion, the nature of democracy, the state of modern media, fear of power and rejection of outsiders: all feature heavily and enrich the film, but play second fiddle to a simple story of loss, maternal love and the quiet power of hope.

There are some welcome breaks from Snyder's distinctive visual style with arresting flashes of colour and a dialling down of slow-motion. The visual dynamism is palpable, but still unswervingly serves the script. Callbacks to Kubrick and Bergman actually feel earned, rather than just glamorous posters used to cover up the cracks in a dorm room's walls. This feels like a thematic culmination for Snyder: the conflict between religion, bureaucracy and machismo from 300, the feeling of parental loss and dream realities from Sucker Punch, which was dedicated to his late mother Marsha and the deconstruction of superheroics from Watchmen. There are few directors working today who could pull off such a monumental undertaking with such fearless style and commitment to singular vision, irrespective of commercial pressures.
>>
>>84072584
>it shows that Clark was trying to throw some heat on the Batman through conventional means, but Perry kept shutting him down. He didn't want to have to confront him as Superman, and only did so as a last resort,
I actually didn't get that. Clark using Superman as some sort of last-ditch effort to get Batman to cool the fuck down. Even him standing on the Batmobile, he looks troubled being forced to use the full display of his power (some might say a fascist tool) to basically fear Batman into giving up. When Batman openly provokes him in that scene, he just turns away, knowing it will be better for all not to walk down that dark road.
>>
>>84062045
Rotten tomatoes memes
>>
>>84071715
Lmao
>>
>>84072671
this movie at no time tried to do any of that you fucking delusional faggot. It was nothing but flash but no substance masquerading as profundity. It never understood the source material nor the core characters involved.

You're clearly Zach Snyder, go back to making your children kill themselves, before you ruin something else.
>>
>>84072872
I don't engage in petty shitposting for 10 hours a day for years. I mean what motivates someone to spend their (what I assume) is their free time on constantly doing these shitposting circlejerks? It's not even a secret it's the same three-four posters given how they spell and the numerous typos they make in each post. What motivates someone to become like that? What motivates someone to spend 10 hours daily on threads that you know is about a film you don't like but you're going to shitpost in anyways?

Let me tell you why, because it's no longer about discussion. It's about narrative. Set the narrative that this film is bad or good. Set the narrative by daily engaging in these retarded ass fuck circlejerk shitposting threads. These people don't dislike BvS or DCEU. They have simply a desire to smear it no matter its quality. Personal opinions are not valid. It doesn't matter. It all repeats itself daily in the exact same pattern with the exact same posters. A person who dislikes something learns to ignore it, a person who hates something with a vengeance is obsessed with it daily. Guess which group you're in? The only surprise now is why the mods haven't stepped in to get to the bottom of this shit.
>>
File: 1388660672953.gif (936KB, 227x175px) Image search: [Google]
1388660672953.gif
936KB, 227x175px
>>84062045
Ive got it on 4K Blu-Ray & i played this scene in slow motion
>>
Clark's pecs
>>
File: 1470916865331.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470916865331.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>what did you like?
Afflecks Batman
Jeremy Irons
Soundtrack
Wonder Woman
Everything Action
KGBased
"AM I TOO SOON!?"

i felt this movie would have been a lot better if there was a MoS 2 before it.
>>
>>84072509
>generalizing without acknowledging the exception
Stay mad.
>>
>>84073130
Suicide Squad
Wonder Woman
And maybe Batman
Should've come out before BvS. We should've gotten to know those characters to see why they want to fight, why she's retired, and feel sorry for him when he dies. But no. We have to catch up with Marvel because they've super popular right now.
I'm glad they too a step back with Wonder Woman. But I'm still uneasy about Justice League. BvS is the first movie I regret seeing, because I feel like I got spoiled.
>>
I appreciate that BvS wasn't Civil War.

Civil War was a bright, thoughtless movie where you're just supposed to turn off your brain and fanboy as Marvel makes its action figures fight each other. Every scene exists only the progress the shallow story so they can get to the parts where the characters punch each other. It feels more like a television show than a movie.

Meanwhile, Batman v Superman is a darker, more thoughtful movie. Scenes contain more than just characters delivering exposition or character punching. There's deep, rich symbolism throughout the film, references to other works of art, and actual philosophical questions at play. It actually feels like a movie because Snyder is a real filmmaker.

I think it says a lot that people are still discussing BvS and exploring it while Civil War has been all but forgotten. Ain't nobody analyzing the deeper meanings of the airport tarmac slapfight.
>>
>>84074405
>I appreciate that BvS wasn't Civil War.
I know. Quality entertainment sends me into a seething rage as well. I want a boring soulless moneygrab to just sit down and watch then forget about 20 minutes later, and BvS satisfied my needs immensely.
>>
File: 1474367146888.gif (3MB, 494x274px) Image search: [Google]
1474367146888.gif
3MB, 494x274px
>>84068194
this
>>
File: 1482760341174.jpg (828KB, 4800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1482760341174.jpg
828KB, 4800x2000px
>BvS
What if superheroes inhabit a world that's much like ours? What if these classic American superheroes must prove themselves worthy in a world where their only opposition isn't only big muscly villains but also society at large? How does a superhero deal with politics and rulers? Does he intervene or does he remain passive? How does the world react to a being much grander than them inhabiting their world? Do they worship him or do they despise him? What happens when two superhero icons collide and their battle is about the very state of their souls rather than just power levels? What happens to the all-good icon of Superman when he is flung into a world that operates far from a purely black/white philosophy? How does someone like that navigate in a complex world of shades of grey?

Few if any superhero films reach this level of introspection. And it is also in asking these questions that the portrayed superheroes come out so much stronger and more meaningful to us.
>>
>>84075004
>What if superheroes inhabit a world that's much like ours? What if these classic American superheroes must prove themselves worthy in a world where their only opposition isn't only big muscly villains but also society at large? How does a superhero deal with politics and rulers? Does he intervene or does he remain passive? How does the world react to a being much grander than them inhabiting their world? Do they worship him or do they despise him? What happens when two superhero icons collide and their battle is about the very state of their souls rather than just power levels?

I hope we get a movie like this someday. That sounds like it would be great.
>>
>>84075086
One day you'll see. But it's ok. It's not made so everyone must understand it. Geniune film rarely is.
>>
>>84074405
>I think it says a lot that people are still discussing BvS and exploring it while Civil War has been all but forgotten.

There's not much left to discuss, since most capeshit discussion these days is shills desperately trying to convince other people that "no really, my movie totally isn't shit like this other shit."
>>
File: faora rapes superman.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
faora rapes superman.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>84062045
I liked it. It was kino. I'm partial to DC movies but the extended edition makes it much more coherent.

Any way you spin it, "Martha" is a stupid fucking scene. Classic fucking David Goyer, he's a goddamn autist. Why isn't he banned from the biz?
>>
>>84075134
>One day you'll see.
I'll see it if it's ever made.
>>
>>84075157
Civil War is geniunely shit and I will forever be amazed at just how low some people are willing to drop in IQ so they can pretend they liked it.

Not even in the most basic sense of a superhero film, the actual visuals, does it live up to its predecessors. It's fucking empty. A shitty TV show episode really.
>>
>>84075182
>Any way you spin it, "Martha" is a stupid fucking scene.

Why are Disney shills so hung up on trying to discredit this one scene over and over again?
>>
>>84067903
hey guys, you ever see that really old movie Empire Strikes back?
>>
>>84075233
>Capeshit movies are geniunely shit
Let me fix that for you real quick.

Civil War was indeed shit, but don't pretend Batman v Superman was any better.
>>
>>84075182
post next page please
>>
File: snyder.jpg (73KB, 350x304px) Image search: [Google]
snyder.jpg
73KB, 350x304px
>>84075086
>I hope we get a movie like this someday. That sounds like it would be great.
>>
>>84075235
I hate Disneymarvel, but it's still a dumb scene that I can't believe got greenlit.
>>
>>84062045
I like the part where the studio shoves in the most lazy character setups possible for future movies in the form of multiframed fucking on-screen emails, that was soooo kino my bros snyder let me suck your dick
>>
>>84075343
>I totally ahte Disney
>BUT GOLLY GEE LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOW FUCKING AWFUL THOSE DC MOVIES ARE MY FELLOW 4CHANPEOPLE. YOU SHOULD GO SEE THE OTHER MOVIES MADE BY THAT OTHER COMPANY I WON'T MENTION BECAUSE I'M TOTALLY NOT A SHILL
>Oh but don't forget I hate Disney grr haha

Yeah I see where this false flag is going.
>>
>>84062045
It had a better idea about Doomsday's origin than the comic book. Doomsday was created out of nowhere to kill Superman instead of any of his many traditional enemies. Also, a few decent Batman fights.

... but it was still a pretty shitty film. 4/10
>>
File: 1483429181135.jpg (373KB, 1920x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1483429181135.jpg
373KB, 1920x1602px
>>84075270
I think you have a clear "everything is shit" complex because you know it's the only way you can save your shitty Civil War. That is to drag everyone else down with you.

Going back to the roots of this genre, those directors absolutely excelled in visual presentation and art direction because that shit is fucking important for a CBM film. You can spin and turn but nothing will change the fact that Civil War holds considerably less quality than other films in the genre. Especially when venturing outside of the rushed assembly-line Disneys.

As a fan of superhero films, there is nothing to be extracted in Civil War. It's a lazy rushed mess that only serves to fuel the Disney machine and leaves no impression on the genre at last. It's geniune McDonald's entertainment.
>>
>>84075404
You can stop now. Everyone knows you, mouseshill.
>>
>>84075404
>this entire post
>>84075430
>I think you have a clear "everything is shit" complex because you know it's the only way you can save your shitty Civil War.
>>84075460
>You can stop now. Everyone knows you, mouseshill.

And you guys wonder why the rest of /tv/ thinks DC fans are complete lunatics.
>>
>>84075233
What did you think of Captain America featuring the Winter Soldier man?
>>
>>84075460
>O-oh no, he found I'm a shill
>I know, I'll call HIM the shill! That always works!

You're false flagging gets lazier and lazier by the day. You need to tell Disney to update their play books.
>>
>>84075489
>>this entire post
A post you wrote? Suddenly stopped defending Civil War though. That was fast.
>>
>>84075430
i could understand why the iran man/captain america feud was caused by a civilian death when countless civilians had already died in the previous movies. it made no sense why it would suddenly split the part now
>>
>>84075528
>defending Civil War

Why would I defend that garbage? You're fucking delusional if you think any capeshit is worth taking seriously.
>>
>>84075578
>iran man/
lol

obviously iron man but that makes sense too
>>
>>84075528
Where was he defending civil war?

I think your seeing Marvel where it isn't.
>>
>>84075578
I geniunely believe that the MCU is only enjoyable if your IQ is capped at 70. Because that's the only answer I have to those questions.
>>
File: 1487839867740.png (5KB, 219x168px) Image search: [Google]
1487839867740.png
5KB, 219x168px
I really liked that tall lanky Asian freak.
>>
>>84075528
>Suddenly stopped defending Civil War though. That was fast.

I....what? Is this really what capeshit does to people's critical thinking skills?
>>
>>84075653
It's ok "everything is just as bad as Civil War please stop single it out" anon.
>>
>>84075708
Anon, I think it's time top step away from the keyboard for a bit.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (229KB, 1600x1150px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
229KB, 1600x1150px
>>84075708
>this is what capeshit fans consider banter
>>
>>84062045
Affleck wasn't too bad. Except for the MARTHA scene, but I guess no actor could pull off something like that without looking like a tard.
I can't think of anything else that I liked about the movie. In fact in most aspects, it was bad.
>>
>>84075708
>false flagging Disney shills still trying to pretend they hate Disney

Ok paki, fuck off already, you got your (You)s.
>>
>>84075865
You're trying to hard mouseshill.
>>
>>84075920
see
>>84075526

I'm not spending the effort typing the same reply to your twice pajeet.
>>
>>84075327
We can bring them the light, we can't make them open their eyes
>>
>Thread killed by buttmad mouseshills
It keeps happening
>>
>>84075986
I'm mostly seeing DC fans calling each other false flagging mouse shills. I font know who actually is one anymore.
>>
>>84075991
That's how they want you. Mouseshills lose narrative, so they just spam mean words DCbros used against them. They're fully utilizing the anonymous system for shitposting.
>>
>>84076046
With False Flag Anon running around these days, I can't even tell who's genuinely a shill sometimes.
>>
Batman v Superman is simply the greatest large-budget art film made in the last 40 years. This is objectively the reality we live in

Much like Leone's A Fistful of Dollars or Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey before, general audiences are immediately dismissive of avant-garde cinema and this is only bolstered when the critics of the day are glorified bloggers trying to appeal to mainstream sensibilities.
>>
>>84075991
I'm convinced it's just 2 or 3 Marvel shills working together to act like DC fans have brain damage.

I mean...

>>84075404
Is just a flat-out idiot.

>>84075430
The with me or against me horse shit is dumb I refuse to believe anyone still actually uses it.

The only other explanation is that it's DC shills pretending to be Marvel shills pretending to be DC shills, but that's a level of convoluted planning above what I'd expect of the average capeshitter from any company.
>>
>>84072480
Gas yourself you trans abortion.
>>
>>84076054
you realize attacking the opposition isn't the same as defending your position, right?
>>
>>84074958
wtf i love men now.
>>
>>84079099
>paki
>giving other people lectures on not attacking people for not liking their capeshit
>>
>>84062045
where is the webm?
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.