[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movie Tropes to the MAX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

My favorite "Look how evil I am I'll kill one of my own henchmen" trope.

Purge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBMv724lzZI

Actor was trying WAY TO HARD to be the villian.
>>
I love Breaking Bad but I didn't really buy the part where Gus kills his guy with a box cutter. It seemed like they did it just to show how badass and vicious he could be.
>>
Purge totally dropped the ball.
You take one of the most fun ideas for a fun thriller and keep the characters in a fucking house. Have them forced to go outside on an adventure for some reason for god sakes. So much wasted potential.
>>
>>84061550
Have you seen the sequels?
>>
>>84061368
Think it actually worked pretty well.

Some likely trust-fund baby that is constantly talked down to by his self-made success family.

He has one night to act out all the anger that builds over a year.

Guy isn't squeezing the trigger on the notion of shooting a "friend", he is seeing those he hates everyday, but is constrained from action by informal societal law, as well as judicial.

Film was nothing special, but I enjoyed thinking about the inherent concepts involved.
>>
>>84061714
Disagree.

He impulsively killed his friend because he was pissed off his night of state sponsored killing of the homeless had been foiled by a bunch of moral fags.

The fact that he had a gang with him, to begin with, indicated that he was not some black sheep rich kid who hated his parents for calling him out for being a NEET. If his parents were harping on him to make something of himself, no fucking way would they let him go purging as a teenager.

He was most likely a chad-type rich kid who had the world at his feet and who basically had the other rich kids at his school lined up to suck him off to get into his inner circle as one of the cool kids. And those kinds of kids, they tend to be merciless and treat their "friends" as expendable since they can replace them at the drop of the hat.

And if anything, he probably got his "go out and purge/kill the poor" idea from his parents, who probably are fifth generation trust fund brats and shamelessly spoil their son.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.