[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Films retarded people don't appreciate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4076.jpg (151KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4076.jpg
151KB, 1425x1425px
discuss
>>
>>84058459
>>
>>84058459

one of the best movies of the century

Spielberg's streak in the early 2000s was fucking outrageous. A.I., Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can, War of the Worlds, and Munich all in a span of 5 years. God damn.
>>
>>84058459
Literally Pinocchio in a futuristic dystopian setting, and a garbage one at that.
>>
>>84058625
>>84058652
idek who to believe
>>
>>84058652

pleb
>>
>>84058459
bicentennial man was better
>>
>>84058625
>one of the best movies of the century
>having this shit taste
>>
>>84058874

looooool
>>
>>84058951

As the OP correctly stated, A.I. is a masterpiece and if you don't like it you're almost definitely a pleb. It's Spielberg's best movie.
>>
>>84058954
He is right though, there is no character development of David in AI, he essentially remains the same throughout the entire movie, and the movie itself cheaply plays on emotions by using items we associate our childhood with. Bicentennial man is about the growth of a robot into a self-conscious being seeking humanity.

I swear to God, Spielberg is the worst thing to happen to cinema.
>>
>>84058459
>>84058625
>>84058978
Armond please fuck off, you gigantic gay nigger
>>
File: yE2CJ6BgcxFB5n9yVdYpO5RTwJK.jpg (233KB, 1000x1432px) Image search: [Google]
yE2CJ6BgcxFB5n9yVdYpO5RTwJK.jpg
233KB, 1000x1432px
Let's be honest, it was his most underrated film.
>>
File: knight-of-cups-poster.jpg (693KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
knight-of-cups-poster.jpg
693KB, 1280x1810px
>>84058459
>>
>>84058459
Fucking aliens and DNA at the end.

Fuck you, Lucas.
>>
>>84058954
>Films retarded people don't appreciate
>use "looooool" as a response

then again this threads starts with fucking A.I. as the main focus for this discussion so underage response like this is not completely unexpected tbqfh
>>
>>84058676
If you watch the movie, they shove the Pinocchio analogy down your throat in like, the first five minutes and then keep bringing it up for the whole movie.

The difference was that while the kid was the protag, he was basically just the observer of a fucked up world. The audience saw the setting and world for how fucked up it was through the kid's eyes but the kid was never an...actor (best word I can come up with). He was like Commander Shepard where he says "I have to go" in every interactoin while the real characters go through their struggles with or without him. They say their piece to the kid, then they're gone.

A.I. was basically a "what-if" video essay meant to be ~thought provoking~ and soapboxes a little but never really goes in depth into any of the themes and ideas it brought up. Because there was no real story or plot or resolution, it ended the movie on one of the biggest cop-outs in the world of cop-outs to pretend the bad ending was a happily ever after. It was ridiculous. When I first saw the movie, I was so fucking disappointed because I fucking loved sci-fi movies talking about AI but this movie in its glory, felt more like a middle-finger to the genre instead of an addition.

The real reason nobody talks about AI because there's nothing to talk about.
It's not because it's "niche" or "hidden" or "underappreciated" or any of that nonsense. It's just a long chain of "okay.jpg". If you feel like burning an hour or two out of sheer boredom, sure it's worth a watch, otherwise, you can basically pretend it never existed.
>>
>>84058874
/thread

at least you don't get a literal deus ex machina in that film forcing a happy ending with a retarded premise

>we resurrected your mother but she will die in 1 day so you got to lie in the bed and die with her together for dramatic purposes

the prostitute/dancer robot was a better and more interesting character than David.
>>
>>84058459
>Tfw Teddy is in a museum as we speak.

Can't remember which museum it is. But I'm glad he's being preserved.
>>
Vozvrashcheniye (The Return) (2003)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXLsMk_7Kk
>>
>>84058652
Agree. Not a single memorable quote or definitive scene.
>>
>>84059278
Agreed
>>
>>84059399

That was the best part
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.