[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kevin Smith is one of the most underrated directors in Hollywood.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: red-state.jpg (296KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
red-state.jpg
296KB, 1280x1024px
Kevin Smith is one of the most underrated directors in Hollywood.
>>
>>84056612
Of 1999
>>
Not anymore. He lost his fucking mind about a decade ago.
>>
>>84056825
I think he literally has lost his mind. This "Canada Trilogy" he's doing now is just batshit crazy nonsense.
>>
File: YogaHosers_poster-1.jpg (736KB, 1390x2048px) Image search: [Google]
YogaHosers_poster-1.jpg
736KB, 1390x2048px
yeah but Clerks 2 was shit
I did like Mallrats
>>
>"I only make movies for myself"

Translation: "I know my films are shit so I'm above criticism for pointing that out. Now see my latest movie and give me your money so I can eat more than the entire country than Liberia"
>>
He really isn't. Dude has been irrelevant for years now and is only kept financially alive by an army of Gen X faggot fans.
>>
>>84056878
Why is that bitch in the blue pants knee bending backwards?
>>
>>84056860
I really have no idea what's going on with him. He was one of my favorite directors up until right after Red State which I think was the last somewhat coherent thing he's worked on. All of this other shit is bogus and after 20 years in the industry and a lifetime as a comic book fan, you'd think he'd be gunning to direct one of these movies while they're still being made. Granted, recently he said he'd direct The Flash, but for years prior to that he'd essentially say "I wouldn't do a superhero movie because I can't, I'm not good enough." That shit made me lose a lot of respect for him on top of him deflecting criticism by saying he makes movies for himself or whatever after having such a long history of caring what critics think.
>>
he writes dialogue almost as cringey and contrived as king cuck tarintino
>>
All of his absolutely terrible movies recently have convince none of his earlier movies like Clerks or Mallrats were good despite liking them long ago. He's absolute ruined himself so badly.
>>
>self proclaimed feminist
>cries over Marvel/Star Wars announcements on YouTube
>casts his talentless hack family/friends over actual actors
>writing turned to garbage meme material

He's shit, has been for years.
Watching his new material opens your eyes to how lucky he really got back in the day when he had limited resources and had to actually call in favors and beg/borrow/steal to make a production work.
Hopefully he goes bankrupt soon so we can live in peace.
>>
Kevin Smith was the perfect director for cynical 90s twenty-something movies and that's about all the positive things you can say about him.
>>
the saddest thing is that he is talented. Red state is a 7 out of 10. but he is just too lazy
>>
>>84056612
He was before he went full blown Troma.
>>
>>84057164
Truth. Man can make quality material. Has a sense of humor, great stage presence. Sadly, it seems weed shut down his drive completely. He started smoking shortly after Clerks 2.
>>
File: the guy.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
the guy.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>my face when reading the batman comics he wrote
>>
>>84056986
>I really have no idea what's going on with him
Weed legit fucked him up
>>
>>84056986
The superhero movie shit to me felt like he tried to get in on it, but no studio was willing to hand him a multi million dollar property in his current DUDE WEED LMAO state. So publicly he passes it off as "I'm not good enough" to save face. Specially when this is the guy that was given the Superman script to rewrite back in the 90s. There's no way the studios don't think he was not good enough then.

Then he starts doing the CW shows like Flash and Supergirl as a way to get his foot in the door again, and have some experience in capeshit so as far as studios are concerned, he seems like a somewhat viable option.
>>
>>84056612
Kevin Smith is one of the most overrated and overweight people in hollywood
>>
>>84056612
Red State and Tusk are Michael Parks kino.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.