[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So movies are, in fact, getting worse right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Marvel-Logo.png (16KB, 800x362px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-Logo.png
16KB, 800x362px
So movies are, in fact, getting worse right?
>>
there've been great movies and bad movies released every year. we just don't remember the awful ones for as long. the number of great films per year hasn't changed, we just don't remember that the past is still mostly dogshit

same for every medium, since the beginning of time
>>
>>84054452

This is untrue

Mainstream movies have become worse, yes, OP, but there are still masterpieces released every year. It's just the mainstream that is basically all trash now.
>>
>>84054580
mainstream was always trash. mainstream was trash in the 00's, and the 90's, and the 80's, and the 70's, and so on and so forth. there are so many crap movies that came out, made more money than anything, and disappeared, and we don't remember any of them

"oh but there were a few good blockbusters back then" yeah, and a few good blockbusters slip by now. and the rest are garbage, as they've always been. we just haven't seen the garbage chart-topping movies of yesteryear because, why subject yourself to that
>>
>>84054795

Read this: http://www.gq.com/story/the-day-the-movies-died-mark-harris
>>
>>84053704
More like they been the same. Nothing changes and it's getting boring.
>>
>>84054580
Is it just me or are a lot of these "masterpieces" seeming more and more pretentious? See The Lobster for example.

Maybe I'm just a cynic.
>>
>>84054829
doesn't mean fewer good movies are being made, just means they aren't being made on massive hollywood budgets

i'm upset that there are fewer midbudget studio movies like there used to be but the indie sector is picking that slack up in such an interesting way that it's not an issue for overall quality

are the tentpoles going to continue to be sanitized so they play better in china? probably. but the best movies are, and have always been, ones that don't give a fuck about china. and nothing of value is lost
>>
File: CapeshitChart.jpg (2MB, 2050x4010px) Image search: [Google]
CapeshitChart.jpg
2MB, 2050x4010px
Yes

Have always been bleh tho
>>
>>84054829
Doesn't refute anything that other anon said. Also, filmmaking is such an infantile art that it's utterly retarded to call it dead.
>>
>>84055168
punisher: war zone is fantastic gory trash and you will love it and respect it as the great film it is
>>
>>84055231
then why the fuck are you even on a film discussion board, dude

make something of yourself
>>
>>84055168
Half of the movies in the bad tier and above actually belong to the shit tier.

Deadpool deserves to be at least one tier higher.

Batman begins should be one tier lowerr.
>>
>>84053704

movies aren't getting worse, they are staying the same and that's the problem
>>
>>84055323
I think what he meant is that film is such a simple form of entertainment that it will always sell and will always have a practically universal appeal.
>>
>>84055323
At first I was wondering why you were so upset then realized you misunderstood. I don't mean to call it childish just that it's in its infancy. It's a young art form.
>>
>>84055637
This is not what I meant. If I wanted to say this then I'd have missed the point of the argument that film is "dead". It doesn't mean that movies aren't selling anymore but rather they aren't about making art anymore.
>>
All you have to do is look at movies today compared to say, the 1990s.

Hollywood still had fresh ideas and made great movies in the 90s. Today, most of your big hits are sequels, prequels, and remakes of the same shit over and over and over.

with the rare gem that comes out once in a blue moon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.