[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's wrong with killing bad guys again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 43

what's wrong with killing bad guys again?
>>
>wahhh batman is killing bad guys, it makes him the bad guy waaaahhhhh

Comic books autists are the worst
>>
Nothing, hence why the Punisher is one of the best comic book heroes, but Batman shouldn't kill, it just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>84048419
You eventually become the bad guy!
>>
Batman's power level would increase exponentially if he went lethal
>>
If you kill the bad guy, they win.
>>
>>84048489

Stick with Iron Man and Captain America then little buddy.

This shits for adults.
>>
Influx of batman threads of late hey Alfred?
>>
something something you become the evil you fought
>>
>>84048419
Because Batman has faith in people changing their ways and realizing their mistakes, no matter what they've done.
>>
>>84048419
>what's wrong with killing bad guys again?

Batman is smart, he knows that if he kills all the bad guys there wont be any more need for Batman, he's a businessman, he knows that you should turn your product into a service because a service can be sold over and over again.
>>
>>84048575
Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it
>>
File: GandalfStaff3.jpg (413KB, 911x794px) Image search: [Google]
GandalfStaff3.jpg
413KB, 911x794px
>>
He was fighting 40 trained mercenaries that kill for money, they had it coming
>>
File: 14820661518240.jpg (52KB, 308x354px) Image search: [Google]
14820661518240.jpg
52KB, 308x354px
> bad
This. There is no obiective bad. He just killing guys whom he does not like.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mov3ezY3NH1qz4rgp.png (67KB, 339x379px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mov3ezY3NH1qz4rgp.png
67KB, 339x379px
>>84048560
>Comic books
>For adults
>>
>>84048463
The comic book guys is why this bullshit stayed popular in the first place. They deserve a little consistency or at least the right to bitch about it having none.
>>
>>84048419
It ruins any potential Red Hood storyline.
>>
>>84048605
If you're good at something never do it for free
>>
>>84048419
It has less to do with real life morality and more to do with the character's own mental illness. I agree that it makes no sense not to kill killers, practically speaking. But people don't object to it for practical reasons – they object to it because it undermines Batman's whole psychology. The no kill principle is one of the sticking points of Batman's own mental retardation. It's part of what he thinks puts him above others. Scrapping it completely feels like cutting a chunk of Bats' personality away.
>>
>>84048641
Abjectively the only valid reason tbqhwy
>>
>>84048641
That's fine. Every mainline Robin who isn't Dick Grayson is insufferable.
>>
>What's wrong with a guy wearing a batsuit and killing people because he's traumatized by his parents being murdered
Sounds like a foolproof justice system
>>
>>84048685
>Dick turned into Nightwing and fucked an actual alien
How can the other Robins even compete.
>>
>>84048641

>batfleck donning the mask again after fulfilling his obligations to make one batman solo movie
>>
>>84048644
He doesnt, he's pretty much the test bed for next gen military equipment and urban warfare techniques. He's rewarded with military contracts.
>>
>>84048560
>This shits for adults.
>>
>>84048748
Ya
I was just quoting heath in tdk
>>
File: pun_67_18.jpg (712KB, 1280x1979px) Image search: [Google]
pun_67_18.jpg
712KB, 1280x1979px
Not a thing.
>>
>>84048821
>I was just quoting heath in tdk
cringe
>>
>>84048821
My bad, i did not expect an autist memorizing movie quotes from 10 years ago.
>>
>>84048841
Punisher is the hero we need.
>>
File: stalin.jpg (239KB, 1200x1381px) Image search: [Google]
stalin.jpg
239KB, 1200x1381px
Nothing. But nu-males would call you "bloody dictator".
>>
>>84000000
>>
File: 1483669217782.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483669217782.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
Mental gymnastics.

The Comics Code Authority made it not allowed for superheroes to kill back in the 1940s. Autists keep the outdated censorship alive because "muh morals".
>>
>>84048849
>>84048859
Hmph
Didn't think it was that obscure a line of dialogue
I guess I'm on the spectrum
A savant, if you will
>>
>>84048560
Iron Man and Captain America probably have higher kill counts in the movies than Batman.
>>
He wants Gordon to arrest them and raise up the ranks. It is all about assisting Gordon cuz he was the only person who was good to him as a kid.
>>
>>84048641
Not exactly. Batman goes berserker mode after Jason dies, Dick no longer keeps in contact with him anymore, but at the end of the day Jason's killer is still on the loose. Then Jason comes back and suddenly Batman's turned over a new leaf and wants to be a moralfag again. Superman dies and now Batman's too good for that shit? I'd be pretty pissed if he started killing and then stopped before properly avenging me like he was just going through a phase.
>>
Because it doesn't help with the problem of why there are bad guys to begin with and mask the real issue. It doesn't take into account what sort of social or personal situation brought those people to do those evil activities, or even if they were forced or in debt with someone higher than them and didn't want to be there at all. Quite often people who are poor and steal some shit, or even innocents who are mistakenly arrested, are caught up in a position in whihc they are either killed or they have to join a certain gang. The outsiders of society who knows no example of success from anyone they personally know by accepted means (because the odds are against them) will see in crime the only opportunity to get some money or even to have some dignity (because they take a stance, they fight a battle of their own). To kill them is to not believe there is a chance for their lives to change, when, objectively and factually, you'll see that people who are actively involved in a certain community, whereas it is about a strong connected family, sports activity, religious group and so on will stay away from criminal activities and drug abuse. When you threaten them or kill the guy next to them you add up to the pressures they already face in their own highly stressful position and so you create more reasons for them to hit back, to reinforce their defensive and offensive strategy, you force them to recruit more people and since their life expectancy lowers, they go for younger kids more and more. To kill them is to believe that criminals are criminals only because they don't know how shit it is to be one, but it is and they know it better than you, except you are making it even worse. It's not an intelligent strategy to fight crime by killing criminals, because even if that one particular person won't do others harm anymore, you hide and even reinforce the reasons that lead people to harm others to begin with.
>>
>>84048960
That's nu-cannon cuz of Gotham show ?
>>
>>84048419
In Batman's case, because we would never have important villains, because like the Punisher, they're all killed by the main character.
>>
comic book autists should stick to comics and not pretend anyone gives a shit what they think. loser scum
>>
>>84048419
There's nothing wrong with it.

Expect when batman does it, to a significant number of badguys in 1 film.

He's an iconic and child friendly hero (even in Nolans films). Having him "self defense" murder a bunch of bad guys isn't a good look when all of his previous feature film iterations intentionally tried not to kill people outside of 1 or 2 circumstances. This is Batman's central conflict in TDK too, his arguably most acclaimed film.
>>
>>84048419
Because killing people is fun as hell. It's as simple as that.
>>
The real question is why doesn't Gotham execute multiple repeat offenders?

Batman stops and captures a lot of bad guys, but they just break out of prison and go back to doing the exact same thing that put them away, after two or three times it should be pretty obvious that won't change and they should get the chair.
>>
>>84048940
It's not obscure at all. Those two are just plebs. A well used quote is always fun to see.
>>
>>84049338
Wew
I'm not autistic
>>
>>84049177
because it's illegal to execute the mentally ill.
>>
Punisher makes sense because he was just a blue collar average joe

It just doesn't feel right with batman since he was born with a golden spoon up his ass

Joker and any high level motherfucker should be exceptions to batman's rules though
>>
>>84050618
Is that true?
>>
>>84048960
Wrong. Gordon came to Gotham after Bruce grew up.
>>
>>84048463
Nigger /co/ hates this shit
>>
>>84048685
>He doesn't like Dick training Mini Bruce

Kill yourselves you filthy casual
>>
>>84048419
It makes him look even more like a crazy person, instead of someone with noble intentions.
>>
>>84049063
Ugh, fucking faggot.
*infects you with treatment-resistant lice*
>>
>>84048635
>Batman comics initially had him outright killing bad guys
>no-kill rule implemented simply because of CCA and it's a cheap way to enable recurring villains
>'89 Batman movie brings back murderbats
Seems to me like comicfags should thank the movies for fixing what the comics fucked up in the first place.
>>
File: Vulture.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vulture.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>84048513
right?
>>
>"If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the world remains that same"
What if one guy kills 40 goons hislonesome?
>>
>>84048540
This

>>84048489
Exactly.

>>84048513
You said it. These fucking 'splosian lovers don't understand the bat.

>>84048560
No faggot it's for the autistic.
>>
>>84048651
Yep. These fucking autists that defend this garbage film don't understand bat's character.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (9KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
9KB, 206x244px
>>84048937
You're kind of a faggot huh?
>>
File: snyderverse.jpg (116KB, 600x280px) Image search: [Google]
snyderverse.jpg
116KB, 600x280px
>The Gotham police force shines the batsignal into the sky to call a masked vigilante to murder criminals.

Bravo Snyder
>>
If I was the Kevin Feige of the DCEU I would have Snyder limited to only Batman-related content. I actually want to see that film where Batman gets raped in prison on the condition that Tom Hardy returns as Bane so we can have more memes.

This is somewhat off-topic but Luc Besson was born to do a Green Lantern film
>>
>>84053715
Exactly. It's so fucking stupid. Anyone who defends this movie is a serious butt fucking autist.
>>
>Batman
more like fat old man lol
poor ben
>>
>>84048419

Batman is a vigilante without a license to kill like a cop. He doesn't want to compound his eventual jail term with murder charges.
>>
>>84048605
>implying Batman is paid for his services
>>
File: shiggy.png (231KB, 398x410px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.png
231KB, 398x410px
PC culture
>>
>>84048419
"When you kill a killer, the number of killers in the world stays the same" - Batman
>>
>>84048841
Edgy as fuck
>>
>>84058475
"If you kill your enemies, they win" - Batman
>>
>>84058475
But nuber of victim could stop increasing if you kill Joker, Victor.
>>
>>84058475
So kill two killers.
>>
>>84048419
Batman is supposed to be kind of insane but he sort of understands it. The purpose of his rule against killing is supposed to act as a sort of check on if he's really losing his shit he doesn't do too much damage.
>>
>>84048635
Batman has been consistently killing in his movies since 1989. The only film where no one gets killed by Batman is Batman & Robin.
Also BvS is the only film that actually discusses the morality of killing in detail, so it is the most conscious of why it is wrong.
>>
>>84048419
perhaps in this age it is a necessary evil.
>>
>every cop, soldier, or regular joe who's shot someone in self-defense or under orders is an inhuman monster and should be in jail
is batman from canada?
>>
File: 1497743233720.gif (440KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1497743233720.gif
440KB, 186x186px
>I-i-if I kill the joker I'm just as bad as him
>joker kills dozens of people because of batman
>h-h-ha ha atleast I'm not as bad as the joker
no batman you're worse, Letting a psychopath go around killing people because you don't want to get your hands dirty and protect your own ego and feel superior for being a "good guy"
>>
>>84051095
No
>>
File: 453681_019.jpg (41KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
453681_019.jpg
41KB, 320x240px
Because killing is badong.
>>
File: SuperBat.png (872KB, 807x539px) Image search: [Google]
SuperBat.png
872KB, 807x539px
>>84048419
>ctrl+f "war"
>2 results

It's almost like brainlets didn't pick up on the "War on Terror" allegory. Not only does Bruce refer to this phase of his career as a "war" instead of his more customary crusade, he paraphrases Cheney's 1% Doctrine and only ever kills in ways that are not only backed up by his own psychological hangups, but are also similar to "acceptable collateral damage," targeting equipment, vehicles, and objects instead of combatants.

He can't even bring himself to kill the people he overpowers and questions. Instead, he marks them for death and hopes they'll die in a way that allows them to be "out of sight, out of mind" for him. Sort of like Guantanamo.

Unconsciously, he even knows that Superman isn't even his real enemy, and that he's being mislead by his lust for vengeance, his own bias, and a sensationalist media more interested in reporting "controversy" than actual news. Bruce does all this blissfully unaware that this same "controversy" is being orchestrated by an ultra-rich elite that stands to gain for him not finding common ground with his perceived "enemy."

I swear, it's like some of you watched a completely different film.
>>
>>84048589
too bad that he kills the Joker in the killing joke after realizing that trying to forgive and help the joker is a lost cause
>>
Nothing, but for starter DC they shouldn't be using that card until like a third movie or something.

Batman and Superman are the primary two who never kill, mostly because it's become an interesting read to see how they pull off what they need to without getting anyone killed. Superman's Xray-heat vision to lobotomize a psychic power out of a dude is more interesting then a neck-snap or whatever quick kill. Or The Dark Knight's sequence of him taking out a SWAT team and saving disguised hostages like a bat-themed gold rudeberg machine. They're massive asspulls.

Comic Superman and Batman in the comics pull so much fucking ass.

DCU Superman and Batman? Not a single ass pulled. Just a Superman that flounders is scene of destruction too much and a Batman who can't set neat traps.
>>
>>84048944 Ironman directly killed a lot of peopla and so did captain america, but they have never said they would not to do it
>>
File: Snyder - It's Kino.jpg (65KB, 377x500px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - It's Kino.jpg
65KB, 377x500px
>>84062261
Iron Man has a higher kill count in one scene in IM1 than Bruce does in the entirety of BvS, and it's applauded because his targets are all filthy, "sub-human" "not-Talibs." It's an incredibly cynical appeal to America's prevailing mindset. Snyder's Batman kills in a way that highlights the hypocrisy and transparent rationalizations of our current "war" and people recoil.

Snyder is a god.
>>
you'll never understand. seriously. if you're a 4chan sperg who has to ask i doubt you have the capacity to know
>>
>>84049063
the only good post itt has no actual replies lol
>>
>>84062451
>Snyder is a god.
Still trying to justify wasting $13.50 + another $10 for a large Diet Coke and lil' bag o' Peanut M&Ms, eh?
>>
>haha I'm killing bad guys!

>joker is still alive in this universe to murder people and has been for years
>all the epic big villains are still alive

really makes you think
>>
File: Kids movie.png (483KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Kids movie.png
483KB, 1024x576px
>>84048560
>Captain America
>>
>>84062596

captain america was before disney
>>
>>84048419
if by "bad guy" you mean that the person is aggressing against people who were not violent against him, and is still an imminent threat

absolutely nothing wrong. killing this person does not violate the NAP
>>
File: 4UCIA.png (224KB, 704x361px) Image search: [Google]
4UCIA.png
224KB, 704x361px
>>84062571
Nope, I'm a legit convert. I was on the fence till I watched BvS. Since then, I've re-watched all his films. This guy's too good for "capeshit."
>>
>>84062672
how can that NOT be on purpose
>>
>>84048419
Why do Kung Fu?
>>
>>84062451
Gunn even does something similar with the Sovereign in GotG2, but since they're the snotty auxiliary pseudo-bad-guys that the audience doesn't connect or identify with in any way, it comes off as disingenuous and flimsy. When they sit down to their video game drone war, they're already the "Sovereign Citizens," not representative of the country as a whole.

It was clumsy and a little insulting.
>>
>>84048419
It can work, if you're consistent. If you kill a bunch of henchmen but let bigger threats like Joker or Deadshot live, you're a shit superhero under any perspective.
>>
The answer to that question really depends on what you want from your superhero.

If you want them to be just efficiency oriented then sure, not only is killing bad guys okay, it's actually the most logical thing to do.

Now this is all just fan speculation but I think that if Batman existed in real life, he would be treated by the public as more than just glorified police officer focused on crime fighting statistics. He's be a symbol and symbols have to stand for something.
>>
File: Snyder - Zacked.jpg (74KB, 450x430px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - Zacked.jpg
74KB, 450x430px
>>84062704
A guy this visually oriented, who's worked closely with Nolan, and who understands pop culture and memes as well as he seems to? Calling it coincidence is what's really crazy.

He directed a movie that does the exact opposite of the plane scene - that makes more and more sense the further you drill down, reinforces its own themes from pretty much every conceivable angle, and then topped it off with a nod to the guys who called Nolan out on his "smartarded" plots. Snyder is and shall always be /ourguy/.
>>
>>84062572

nobody? of course nobody because this is why him killing is fucking retarded

>I won't kill the supervillains! just random henchmen! :^)
>>
File: asghhh.png (487KB, 441x457px) Image search: [Google]
asghhh.png
487KB, 441x457px
Batman not killing literally makes zero sense and was only shoved in during the Silver Age to get around the CCA.

In its original incarnations Batman has killed and had no issue with firearms. Censorship changed this and man-babies obsessed with muh nostalgia and muh tradition can't accept this
>>
>>84048419
because letting senile men in costumes execute criminals without any due legal process is probably the most retarded idea ever
>>
>>84062898
Here's somebody.

His killing was limited to his "war campaign" against Superman. It was the presence of what he perceived as an existential threat to all humanity that drove him to it. Even the torture and branding were new things. Alfred even called him out for being over the line.
>>
>>84048489
>but Batman shouldn't kill

I would be okay with that if he chopped bad guys' arms and legs off. Even the "wise" Jedi Kenobi had no problem chopping arms off. Maim the bad guys. They'll live.
>>
>>84061741
too bad that he doesnt, why are you making shit up?
>>
>>84062893
what font is that please
>>
>>84062985
>due
they had it commin'
>>
File: the-killing-joke-final-page.jpg (484KB, 900x1408px) Image search: [Google]
the-killing-joke-final-page.jpg
484KB, 900x1408px
>>84063041
You're both kind of right. The ending of Killing Joke is a bit ambiguous.
>>
>>84062261

That's Marvel. For some reason, fan girls want DC superheroes to be pacifist pussies. Batman, Superman, Justice League, etc. Marvel never had that problem. The Avengers kill hundreds of bad guys, because that’s what good guys do. Instead of crying like bitches, they crack jokes and go kill some more bad guys.
>>
>>84062987

>saving martha is his war campaign against superman
>>
>>84062451
The only hypocrisy in the war on terror is that we're slaughtering muslims in the middle east and not in the West and the Anglosphere.
>>
>>84063053
It's "AR Destine," from what I can tell.
>>
>>84063081
yeah ok then, if you think someone "had it coming" you should be legally allowed to kill them.
great idea mister Somalia
>>
>>84062944
because his character evolved since then, nobody cares about almost century old dumb shit that was badly drawn and printed on cheap paper for literal children
>>
>>84063230
we were all edgy teenagers once. But keep the cringe confined to /pol/ kid
>>
Does the disciplinarian care?
>>
>c*peshit
>>
>>84063203
It's the coda. Even in that fight, he still can't bring himself to put a bullet in anyone. It's him reeling in the leash on the "Bat's" bloodlust.
>>
>>84053107
Blowback.
>>
>mows down people with miniguns and such
>not even criminals in most cases, the dudes escorting the Kryptonite might as well be security personel
>the Joker is somehow still alive
>>
>>84063260
Just so we're clear on this point, you're aware that the Batman wasn't the hero in this scenario, right? He's not intended to be seen as unambiguously heroic any more than Superman was in "The Dark Knight Returns."
>>
File: weeeeee.jpg (409KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
weeeeee.jpg
409KB, 1920x1200px
>>84063240
>AR Destine
nice job
>>
>>84063230
fuck off back to your eastern hole
>>
>>84063287
>I jack off to feet and never leave the house because the streets are full of spics and niggers
>At least I'm not racist
>>
File: Dr. Manhattan - Irrelevance.jpg (2MB, 3600x1643px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Manhattan - Irrelevance.jpg
2MB, 3600x1643px
>>84063386
My pleasure.
>>
Fun fact: batman used a gun in the original comics

He was basically Dick Tracy with a mask and a cape.
>>
File: The Rock - Litty.jpg (7KB, 210x243px) Image search: [Google]
The Rock - Litty.jpg
7KB, 210x243px
>>84063432
>He was basically Dick Tracy with a mask and a cape.

Close.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew_x_4IW7UI&feature=youtu.be

watch this instead
>>
>>84063432
Time for your Metamucil, gramps.
>>
Fun fact: comic books and comic book movies are for children.

They won't become deep kino for adults no matter how hard you want them to.
>>
File: The Shadow.jpg (22KB, 220x308px) Image search: [Google]
The Shadow.jpg
22KB, 220x308px
>>84063451
Wrong pick, but a funny one.
>>
>>84063406
>I jack off to feet and never leave the house because the streets are full of spics and niggers
>At least I'm racist

yeeeah, im not actually scared of the outside world and I don't find the need to project hate at people to make myself not feel small. Good job revealing yourself though, top kek
>>
>>84063476
>Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of nips and chinks?
>>
>>84063503
You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>84063453
>flip randomly through video
>8:23
>so you won't kill, but you're fine with traumatic brain injuries?
kek
>>
>>84048419
Batman needs this to avoid being the same as the people he goes after, if he puts himself to the level of the people he fights then he can't defend his cause and ideals without sounding like a complete hypocrite, making his stand utterly unjustifed.
>>
>>84063281
oh fucking boy, just as shitty drawings on paper that's even better than what used to be for covers, for $4.

No, no manbabies involved here.
>>
>>84063517
Not to derail, but I really do think Baldwin's "The Shadow" deserves more love. I still can't decide whether or not the comedy was intentional in scenes like pic related, but I laugh like a madman every time I see it.
>>
>>84063637
I thought he already maintained the moral high ground by not dealing drugs, pimping women, robbing banks, and having a job.

I guess that wasn't enough for him.
>>
>>84063669
>Baldwin's "The Shadow" deserves more love
It's kino
anyone that says different is pleb AF
>>
>>84063669
that looks pretty kino to be quite honest.
>>
File: 1445722183259.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>84063538
you really ((((((got)))))))) me. kek nu-/pol/ really is pathetic at bants
>>
>>84063704
Visual, stylized period piece beauty wasn't its problem.
>>
>>84063734
you're trying a little hard there.
>>
>>84063704
>>84063702

It really is. It's the delivery of the hypno message that makes it funny. Was it on purpose? Were they really playing that scene straight? We'll never know. Either way, it's art.
>>
File: np2gbnge0v3z.png (163KB, 1059x615px) Image search: [Google]
np2gbnge0v3z.png
163KB, 1059x615px
>>84062672
Confirmed
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 238x212px
>>84063769
kek. youre getting a little butthurt there pls stop
>>
File: IMG_1545.jpg (797KB, 2976x2013px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1545.jpg
797KB, 2976x2013px
It flies in the face of everything the character stands for in order to look cool. Canon Batman, the one from the modern DC Batman comics, will never kill. Applying real world logic doesn't work because the Bat is a symbol of fighting the never ending fight that started in the alleyway all those years ago. He can't kill the Joker or Poison Ivy because they're symbolic themselves just like all big characters in these kinds of stories. The pulp comics of the 30s had no depth or substance to them, they cost a fucking nickel and were written on napkins before modern storytellig conventions were in order. Batman has since become a symbol of hope, of relentless and never ending vigilance and the strive for perfection in mankind. To do better while BEING better. Most of the people who complain don't even realize that Batman is many men, over many alternate realities, they literally think it's one Batman. That being said, non canon or multiversal Batmen like Batfleck or Nolanbats can absolutely kill people going on story/lore/reasoning based on in-universe explanation. Batfleck was freaking out over Supes and decided killing was in order, and he's not the real Batman. He's the twisted, pudgy, dudebro 'splosion version of the character. Just because they made a nice looking suit doesn't mean he represents what the character stands for, it's an alt universe take on the character. Some Batmen are super close to the heart of the character like Alex Ross' runs or the Animated Series. Some stray far like Burton Bats. But the central theme of the character is that killing a thug only begets more upheavel and unrest, leading to more thugs. Sometimes it's better to teach a lesson and change a man than kill him in an explosion because it looks cool.
>>
>>84063883
>Canon Batman, the one from the modern DC Batman comics, will never kill.
Isn't that supposed to be Superman? Why isn't Batman put in scenes where he learns he must kill, like Superman was at the end of the enheartening, I mean sickening, Man of Steel?
>>
im fine with batman doing it but its weird when alfred assists in murdering
>>
>>84063857
now who's projecting
>>
>>84063680
There's no real moral high ground between a murderer and another one.
>>
>>84063883
this image
something flew in my eye
;_;
also alex ross is amazing
>>
>>84063936
>murdering

Are you a pacifist pussy? You certainly sound like one.
>>
>>84063883
>Batman realizes that Supes is a man with parents and people who love him
>Supposed to be the turning point for the character emotionally
>The warehouse scene could have been Bats taking out the thugs non lethally in Arkham fashion, maybe calling in some help from Nightwing or something like the old days, his old sense of self coming back in full glory so he can be a hero again
>Smashes someones head in with a crate, kills 8 more people
>An action scene was more important than emotional resonance
>>
>>84063883
BvS Batman is the only Batman on film where his killing is portrayed as twisted and where his redemption lies in the ceasing of killing. I mean the film is perfectly aware of what you're saying and adresses it. Superman is Batman's way back to the light away from the beautiful lie.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>84063938
*you do it to yourself starts playing*
>>
>>84058614

is that a bad thing?
>>
>>84063883
Action movie retards will never understand that the true depth to Batman isnt beating up thugs and explosions, it's the small victories. The day by day struggle of Bruce as he tries to do his best. Batman has become a meme, DUDE GADGETS AND LE QUIRKY QUIPS, and people are ok with this
>>
>>84064017
The Martha scene is him realizing Superman is not the enemy but rather a victim of his.

Superman's sacrifice is where Batman realizes "men are still good" and why he doesn't brand Lex at the end. Also a crate doesn't kill you.
>>
>>84064017
It's a gradual re-awakening, not some bullshit epiphany. He doesn't completely realize how badly he'd failed the ideals of heroism Clark represents until near the end of the film.

It's why he doesn't brand Luthor.
>>
>>84063953
Who's more moral: a soldier on a battlefield, or a made man in the mob?
The soldier might even have a higher body count.
Killing is not always immoral. In many cases it's immoral NOT to kill.

Someone who's supposed to be as intelligent as Bruce Wayne would have no problem comprehending this basic ethical truth. The real reason Batman doesn't kill anyone is so that DC could comply with the Comics Code Authority when it still had teeth. And so they don't run out of cool villains.
>>
>>84063453
why does joker look like max landis
>>
>>84064075
>In many cases it's immoral NOT to kill.
How many have Batman's foes killed again after they inevitably get free?
>>
>>84064064
>"Men are still good, let me slaughter a few more in a warehouse"

Also the 300 pound crate going 30 miles an hour on a zip line into someones face absolutely killed that guy you fucking Snyder apologist retard

>>84064070
A gradual reawakening that leads him from killing people with turbo guns to killing aliens with turbo guns. And then quipping. This is the film universe you're all ok with.
>>
>>84064115
As many as required to remind the kiddos just why Batman has to beat them up again.
>>
>>84064138
Superman's death is after the warehouse you marvel drone mongoloid. Try watching the film next time before shitposting.
>>
>>84064138
>being this butthurt that his marvels are quipshit he has to force it here aswell
Sad!
>>
>>84064181

>>84064138 said it all.
>>
>>84064167
He should step back and just let a SWAT team take care of business. Then no more would be murdered.

By preferring the life of the murderer to the life of the (many) murdered, he is just a cog in the continued murdering.

His ego and misguided philosophy (as mentioned, born of a child's comic code) are, net effect, more murderous than if he had not existed.
>>
>>84064209
I'm actually the anon that posted this >>84063883
My walls are lined with Batman stuff. I'm a die hard Batman fan, always have been. Defaulting on "he likes Marvel" because your shit stain film universe is falling apart is whats sad. Batman deserves better than what Snyder did to him.
>>
File: Leonidas2.jpg (190KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Leonidas2.jpg
190KB, 1920x800px
>>84064281
So as a die-hard Batman fan, how were you with how Miller portrayed Supes in TDKR? Choose your words wisely.
>>
>>84064281
Yeah sure and I'm a huge Maevel fan that thinks the MCU is garbage and its defenders Feige cocksuckers. Funny that.
>>
>>84064318
It's parralled directly with BVS in that Batmans paranoia is there, because Superman being a governmental puppet is one of the scariest possibilities of the DC universe as a whole. It was also an alternate universe take, so each character can be whatever the author wants them to be, regardless of how stupid that universe turns out to be. And boy is that Miller universe shit all the way through.

I get Batfleck is the only Batman on screen, but you'd have to be retarded to think that he's a good portrayel of Batman. Just because the author has liberty to make the character different doesnt mean the work isnt shit.

Look at something like the Batman Noel universe thats pretty fucking masterful. It's an alternate take, but it works. Look at Batman Beyond. Fuck, look at stuff like the Flashpoint. All different Batmen with all different ways of going about things, they just happen to be well written and thought out.
>>
File: Superman- Corto Maltese.jpg (274KB, 931x1094px) Image search: [Google]
Superman- Corto Maltese.jpg
274KB, 931x1094px
>>84064438
That wasn't really my question.

How were you with Superman being a willful pawn of the government, rationalizing it as a necessary evil, and maiming and killing as a result of it?
>>
>many better alternate universe Batmans

"Goodbye, old chum."
>>
>>84064590
Good ole Adam West. I'll never not love this guy.
>>
>>84064575
Again, that doesnt bother me because its Millers alternate universe with in universe explanation. Theres nothing wrong with a character being portrayed differently, its about the work itself being shit.

Millers Superman isnt at fault, his ouvre as Batman author barting year one is.
>>
File: Superbros2.jpg (107KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Superbros2.jpg
107KB, 750x750px
>>84064652
How about Superman sucking a rain forest dry while thanking Mother Earth for validating his continued existence? It's the point in the story where the social commentary comes into sharpest focus.

If you're OK with this depiction of Superman and rationalize it as being an alt setting, then you *should* be OK with the heroes being depicted differently in *another* alt setting, and that's very much what the Snyderverse is. It's a setting where the Batman, simultaneously representing the pulp era heroes and the American conscience, had to go it alone for the bulk of his career, slowly becoming more brutal and pragmatic, Superman is a neophyte hero who represents the dawn of the superhero and the "alien" cultures the West fears, slowly realizing that simply being a silent "good guy" isn't enough in a political world, and Diana represents the "mythic" past that neither of them are even aware used to be the reality. She, Lois, Martha, Senator Finch, all of them represent the world Clark and Bruce both share from various angles.

Superman's depiction in TDKR doesn't bother you for the simple reason that you grew up with it and have had something to the tune of three decades over the course of which the popular consciousness shifted from viewing Superman as America's hero to the Batman assuming that role.
>>
File: Superman - Validation.jpg (95KB, 600x678px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Validation.jpg
95KB, 600x678px
>>84064965
pic related.
>>
>>84064965
But it didn't shift from Superman in "the popular consciousness". That's the problem. Nobody wants it to shift.

Quit forcing that stuff down our throats just to do something different with a character.
>>
File: Joker - Ledger.png (744KB, 1039x674px) Image search: [Google]
Joker - Ledger.png
744KB, 1039x674px
>>84065053
I think you're wrong. Other than a few incredibly strident fanboys who don't appear to have nearly as much comics knowledge as they think they do, literally no one was upset by Superman killing Zod.

Batman lets a few mooks die and everyone loses their minds! Why do you think that is?
>>
>>84065149
Nobody lost their minds except the same fanboys you mention.
>>
>>84064965
>If you're OK with this depiction of Superman and rationalize it as being an alt setting, then you *should* be OK with the heroes being depicted differently in *another* alt setting, and that's very much what the Snyderverse is. It's a setting where the Batman, simultaneously representing the pulp era heroes and the American conscience, had to go it alone for the bulk of his career, slowly becoming more brutal and pragmatic
Fucking destroyed. How will marlels recover?
>>
File: RCO001_1477108550.jpg (2MB, 2197x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO001_1477108550.jpg
2MB, 2197x3056px
>>84048560
>This shits for adults.

I could not agree more!
>>
>>84048419
Because it removes any depth and tension from his character and becomes just a rich guy who wears a spandex suit then.

The best example for this would be the Joker - Batman relationship. The whole point of them is Joker constantly pushing Batman on the edge of his morals, trying to make him kill someone/break his code.
But now when Batman is killing everyone left and right there is no point to them, Batman could literally find out where Joker is and call the fucking artilery on the whole place. And there is no need for dialogue between them ever, as soon as Batman sees The Joker he should just shoot him/bomb him/run him over whatever.
The morals are a crucial part of "Batman", he's not just a rich guy who wants to murder every criminal in the world while wearing an edgy bat costume.
>>
>>84065699
>But now when Batman is killing everyone left and right

So far, his killing has only been shown as happening after the debut of Superman, and only then in his war/vendetta against him and shortly thereafter. This is a continuity where the Joker won his bet, God rest his soul.
>>
>>84065699
What are the morals in letting a mass murderer on the loose when he's just going to kill again? One can even argue that Batman's no kill rule is egoistic and has resulted in more death and mayhem. He wants to save himself from moral degeneration so he lets innocents die all so he can brand himself a righteous savior. Convenient for Batman. Not so convenient for Gotham citizens.
>>
>>84065950
This theory is definitely true.

Joke's on You Batman -> Joker is on You Batman.

BvS only hints at Robin's death, masterfully tricking the audience into thinking it's Robin's literal death that pushes him over. It's in dact his figurative death.
>>
>>84065955
Blame the system, not the man. He's staying inside his own established boundaries by not crossing the line into judge, jury, and executioner. BvS shows what the Batman becomes once he crosses that line - not a hero, just a vigilante.
>>
>>84065987
>"20 years in Gotham Alfred, how many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?"

Robin is def joker
>>
>>84066016
Also in Suicide Squad it's pointed out that Harley wiped his memories when he was brought in by Batman.
>>
File: Batman - Training.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Training.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>84065987
>>84066016

The only questions that really remain are the exact circumstances. Was it Robin who gave him his scar or Mr. J. himself? My money's on Mr. J.
>>
>>84065955
But if there is no morals to be saved then why even be Batman? Why even wear a fucking bat costume every night?
Why does he fist fight with those criminals in the movie, why doesn't he just fucking shoot them all? Buy like a hundred of weaponized drones and kill any criminal on the street? Buy some edgy most highly advanced artillery with pin point accuracy and blast anyone that bothers him or the citizens of Gotham?
Joker becomes just a yet another criminal who he needs to kill, nothing more.
>>
>>84065699
this

so what if the dark night were like this with a homicidal batman? We don't get the ledger joker - bale batman interview, Batman just kills him with the bike and the movie is over.

Punching bad guys is not the point of the character, it's about proving a point by not taking lives. You take away batman's non-lethal methods and NONE of the mythos makes any fucking sense. Why does he have gadgets? Why does he have a cape? Why does he bother to learn hand to hand combat. Why doesn't batman just become Punisher? You can't have the nolan movies, or any of it, it becomes weird cartoonish fantasy where a rich boy murders schizophrenics for fun.
>>
Marlel who got destroyed just ran off to make another anti-BvS thread holy shit.
>>
>>84063883
>Canon Batman
stopped reading right there
>>
File: 1497702420795.jpg (28KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
1497702420795.jpg
28KB, 640x435px
>>84048560
>This shits for adults.
>fuckin comics
>>
>>84048419
>omg why is it rong to kill bad ppl
It's wrong that Batman's doing it because he doesn't kill. It's not wrong in itself.
Why is every fan of these movies a complete mouthbreather?
>>
File: Punisher.jpg (132KB, 517x792px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher.jpg
132KB, 517x792px
>>84048419
It's retarded when you kill hired guns but leave the homicidal clown and his murderous girlfriend alive.
>>
>>84048463
>le ebig straw man
I sure as fuck hope you're underage.
>>
>>84066482

Hi there. Fan of the movie. Not a mouth-breather.

It *is* wrong to kill the bad guys. For him. It reduces a hero to being just another vigilante. Once you cross that line, you surrender your right to consider yourself a hero anymore. That's the point. Bruce Wayne is not the hero here.

Every person that Bruce kills over the course of the film absolutely deserved it. Even more, he's perfectly justified for killing them in self-defense. That still doesn't make him a hero. He's intentionally inserting himself into situations where he can justify his actions, even though he has superior equipment, armor, skill and firepower. He looks at Lex's men, the principal casualties of his "war" as collateral damage, victims of his "righteous" crusade to rid the world of the dangerous alien based not on what he's done, but rather what he might one day conceivably do. In short, he can rationalize his actions as being for the greater good, but there's no justice in them, just a vendetta whose end goal is an act of "preemptive self-defense."

Ring any bells?
>>
>>84067209
see >>84066098
>>
because he's a pseud
>>
>>84066597
I just assumed he became murderous after the last time he put Joker in jail.
>>
>>84067281
I guess you missed the part about his killing being limited to his arc in the movie. It's very heavily implied this is outside his norm. I understand, though. It's hard reading full paragraphs.
>>
Because Bats is kind of insane, he started branding (marking people to be killed in jail), killing in the heat of the action, etc. and next thing you know he's trying to kill a good guy (Supes) because he COULD become bad maybe potentially later.

The movie SHOW Batman becoming the bad guy. The only thing wrong with this is that after he gets the "Martha" shock/reveal and see what he's become he still goes and kills a bunch of people.
>>
>>84067709
That's not a problem for me. He's still not fully himself until the aftermath of the Doomsday fight. It works from both the perspective of him still reining himself in and from a more metaphorical perspective. He doesn't completely wake up until he witnesses the "alien" tackling the problems he's at least partially responsible for.

That's why I love this movie. The message is far from one-sided.
>>
>>84067840
When you take the movie and MoS, it makes perfect sense. It's when you add things we expect/know from other Bat/Super related medias that it feels weird.

They should have branded the DC movies as Elseworlds. That would have made more sense and give us the possiblility of seeing weird ass DC movies down the line.
>>
>>84065149
Superman, just like Captain America, has killed people in the comics before. He tries not to, and never out of anger, but he did.

Batman's non-killing policy (even though he killed in his first comics) is obsessive-tier and he would rather save someone he KNOWS will kill again than let him die. Major plot points have been written about his Bat Family no agreeing and getting kicked the fuck out. He's borderline psychotic about it.

That's why it upsets people.
>>
File: trudea.png (287KB, 208x352px) Image search: [Google]
trudea.png
287KB, 208x352px
>>84048419
if you kill your enemies, they win
>>
>>84048419
It doesn't fit the character.
>>
>>84062829
DKEKS will ignore this Comment because they have no reply.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.